Cat potion similar to original witcher

+

iCake

Forum veteran
Cat potion similar to original witcher

Hey, I undrestand any official changes to the game are unlikely to be made at this point, but anyway, maybe a modder will pick up on this or a miracle will happen :rly?:

Anyway, I recently played the original witcher for the first time and one thing I found brilliant about it is the cat potion mechanics. When you're in a bright area the potion is just dormant, your vision is the same as when you're not on the potion. However, when you're in a dark area the potion kicks in and lets you see through the dark.

Brilliant just brilliant, in both witcher 2 and 3 I found the cat potion intrusive at best, outright annoying in reality. The moment you're in a bright light you want it gone, you can meditate but that'll cancel the effects of any other potions and thus making the cat potion quite a chore. In the witcher 3 you even have a skill that sounds useful but I never tried it out dreadful of the thought of getting a cat potion effect when I don't want it

TL;DR: Cat potion that intelligently activates/diactivates its night vision effect based on illumination would be quite a relief.

iCake;n7073210 said:
Hey, I undrestand any official changes to the game are unlikely to be made at this point, but anyway, maybe a modder will pick up on this or a miracle will happen :rly?:

Anyway, I recently played the original witcher for the first time and one thing I found brilliant about it is the cat potion mechanics. When you're in a bright area the potion is just dormant, your vision is the same as when you're not on the potion. However, when you're in a dark area the potion kicks in and lets you see through the dark.

Brilliant just brilliant, in both witcher 2 and 3 I found the cat potion intrusive at best, outright annoying in reality. The moment you're in a bright light you want it gone, you can meditate but that'll cancel the effects of any other potions and thus making the cat potion quite a chore. In the witcher 3 you even have a skill that sounds useful but I never tried it out dreadful of the thought of getting a cat potion effect when I don't want it

TL;DR: Cat potion that intelligently activates/diactivates its night vision effect based on illumination would be quite a relief.

There's a bunch of little details like that which CDPR just shat over and didn't carry over to sunsequent installments. I'm not even sure it is possible to make cat potion the way it was i nthe Witcher 1. The thing is cat potion in TW2 and TW3 boils down to black&white colors whereas in TW1 you had all the colors but there were a bit subdued letting you see everything clearly at the same time in dark areas.

Anyway there is mod that lets you assign a button for Cat vision (http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1677/?) so you don't need to even brew the potion.

I would second that! In the Witcher 3 it is still cool , but got tired of having to use some Whitehoney every time I exited a cave or something dark.

Top Bottom