Cat school techniques bug

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat school techniques bug

Critical damage (+25% for each piece light armor) is not work in real combat! On statistic page (C key in Inventory) shows common domage 200, critical 400. BUT! in combat crit only 270! Btw after removing all armor in stat common dmg 200, crit 270. Looks like perk is broken

Most likely it's beacuse of enemy resistances and armor. You might be doing 400 damage as stated but enemy resistances and armor reduce it by 130 and hence final damage is 270. Can you please compare your regular damage in a same way and post the results here?

With 4xLight armor set and Cat school techniques regular damage is 200, crit 270 (combat result)
without armor completely (naked Gerald) damage is 200, crit 270 (combat result)
The same results.
But in statistic page bonus from perk shows correctly

Last edited:
I can second this, using the Feline armor and using the Cat School Techniques perk, it shows the difference in the character stats, but this isn't reflected in actual combat. I get the same results in crit damage if I take the perk off. It is giving the fast attack damage however.

It seems the Bear School Techniques is broken i too. It says that for each piece of heavy armor, i get increased Vitality and Heavy Atack Damage. But after adding Heavy Armor pieces, my Vitality and Damage doesn't change in the stats screen.

Don't you think +25% crit damage per armor piece is overpowered or imbalanced? It is possible to stack 375% or even more crit power, thats kind of too much? (200% base, +100% cat school +75% sword)
Why do other school techniques add 5% bonuses per armor piece, but cat school adds 25%?

Last edited:
By the way, seems like another crit bonuses does't work too. (Steal sword +75% crit damage). Does not affected real combat

Don't you think +25% crit damage per armor piece is overpowered or imbalanced? It is possible to stack 375% or even more crit power, thats kind of too much? (200% base, +100% cat school +75% sword)
Why do other school techniques add 5% bonuses per armor piece, but cat school adds 25%?

Because such bonuses are only really necessary on higher difficulties and you actually need them there. Bosses and contract monsters of your level can 1-2 shot you on Death March, and even with that much damage it still takes a while to kill them.

And other bonuses can go pretty high as well... With mutagens, armor, skills, etc... Level 30 characters in full sets can rock like a fudge ton of HP/resistance or like hundreds of % sign intensity, etc... It is only fair that feline compete with high crit damage... All three schools are pretty OP in the end if you min/max. But that's the point.

If you do everything right and build right and have the right gear you should expect to be strong. It would be rather silly putting all that effort into what you're doing and then being weak and barely getting by.

Can we expect a fix of this crit damage bug in the 1.05 patch?

Have you confirmed if the bear school technics are bugged as well or they work fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom