Cats and their magic

+

by http://chiquita67.c.h.pic.centerblog.net/ccf6335b.gif

:cat: The :cat: message :cat: of :cat: today :cat:

Last edited:
OMG! Cats! Here are pictures of ours, called Doro (after German metal singer Doro Pesch) and Umbu (a fruit - we thought it was a very good cat name):
View attachment 29112
This was when they were about 10 weeks old, I think.
View attachment 29113
This is when they were fully grown; the picture was taken about five years ago.
And yes, we know which one's which :)

Attachments

• doroumbubaby.jpg
    doroumbubaby.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 67
  • doroumbugroß.jpg
    doroumbugroß.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 69
I was just playing HoS - Scenes of a marriage, and the
magic cat (forget about the magic dog, who cares for dogs anyway :p)
made me think of this thread. ;D

I usually move my fingers under the blankets so that the cat can hunt for them without hurting me.

I did that with my former cat and ended up with two holes in my finger. Cat's nail went through the blanket, then it went through my skin making one hole and got out making another hole... Nowadays I take it safe and tease cats with toys only :)

---------- Updated at 09:36 PM ----------

I need to post this here... JUST like my boyfriend's older cat!

And the younger one...

Finally, an accurate depiction of cats!
Totally :) My husband and I flip through the books and cannot stop laughing because almost everything in there is absolutely true - from waking the poor owners at 5 a.m. because the cats are hungry to pawing around their faces to clawing at their feet to hiding behind something... the list goes on :)

from waking the poor owners at 5 a.m. because the cats are hungry

I actually "cured" my last generation of cats from that, by NEVER feeding them for at least an hour after getting up. They just stopped associating "Waking up the Dragon" with "Food".

to clawing at their feet

My dog is the only one that does that (well, he pounces and bites, but similar). The cats prefer sitting on the bannister and biting my hand as I walk downstairs.

Hmmm.. We need a dog thread. Equality, fair play, all that stuff.

And this is Taliesin.

Last edited:
Hmmm.. We need a dog thread. Equality, fair play, all that stuff.

Why not?! I would support... ;) But I can't see a real stronge connection between the Witcher or Sapkowski and dogs at the moment... That we must solve first... ;)

And they can't see too... ;) A nest of wagtails on our balcony last summer. And they all got strong and survived, because my cat wasn't interested in them... ;) She likes birds not to eat... She'a a good one... ;)

Attachments

• DSCN0497.jpg
    DSCN0497.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I actually "cured" my last generation of cats from that, by NEVER feeding them for at least an hour after getting up. They just stopped associating "Waking up the Dragon" with "Food".
Ours didn't do that for years; they also didn't mind staying outside the bedroom for years. When they were small, they would meow for a while but give up pretty quickly when they discovered that we wouldn't let them into our bedroom for the night. After *hm* I think four years that changed. All of a sudden, Umbu started scratching at the bedroom door. At 4.30 in the morning. We tried to ignore it but it was really noisy so I got up, fetched her and locked her up in the bathroom, then went back to bed. This went on for about two weeks; she was very persistent and just wouldn't stop even though she knew that she would be locked up. Finally, we gave in; now they sleep on our bed during the night which is really cute, actually. The downside is that Doro starts scratching our bed at about 5 in the morning because she's awake, bored and hungry. They don't get any food until 7 a.m. but she still tries *argh* During weekends, we prevent this by putting out an automated feeding device and setting a timer; also, I use earplugs so I don't hear the scratching.

My dog is the only one that does that (well, he pounces and bites, but similar). The cats prefer sitting on the bannister and biting my hand as I walk downstairs.
Doro loves chasing feet. When she was smaller, she actually crawled beneath the bedsheet, sought out one of my feet and scratched me *argh* She doesn't do that any longer - or at least less frequently - but she still loves chasing feet beneath blankets. She pounces on them as soon as one of us moves their feet but since there's the blanket between the feet and her, she doesn't cause any damage.

Taliesin is a beauty, btw - oh, and you chose a very cool name :)

Top Bottom