CD-Action 7 page preview - translation

+
Thanks, good read!

Why would anyone bring up Planescape: Torment though? it's completely different from The Witcher. I do agree that CDPR is doing something revolutionary.

TW3, Project Eternity and inXile's RPG's are the only games I'm truly looking forward to.

So rolling is still in, just we're less likely to use it?

One thing is confirmed - since "three" is the last part of the cycle, the developers will put every effort in closing all threads open so far, for example in sidequests.

Shani ! Shani ! Shani !

Guest 2013460

Kudos said:
One thing is confirmed - since "three" is the last part of the cycle, the developers will put every effort in closing all threads open so far, for example in sidequests.

Shani ! Shani ! Shani !

Man, I want to know what happens to Saskia... A dragon being controlled by an insane blind sorceress isn't something you can leave just like that. I hope it gets a cool sidequest at least.

Everything sounds amazing. Looks like RED are gonna blow our minds away when the game comes out.

2 questions though:

Is Doug Cockle coming back to reprise his role as Geralt?

What's the chance of us not getting the option to import our saves? I think that's a really cool idea, especially for RPGs and hope that the feature remains and we get to use it in TW3. It'd be a shame if they choose not to implement it.

It also allows us to get a small taste of the story, and learn the background to the political play that could have a large impact on the world later. (Deeply and unofficially speculating - it's about getting Skellige to join the war against Nilfgaard)
It seems like it's in your decisions whether the North standoff will fail or be totally under Nilfgaard empire. Please do this, this is how sidestory should be done.

If they don't implement save game loading, they'd disappoint a lot of fans. They admitted the sales for the pc version were a lot more than the Xbox 360. At least make some sort of way to implement your xbox 360 save games through cloud service or upload for the next gen to understand. I am a bit rambling but I think it can be done. Or say: it's your loss, console guys. :p

[Great job Kodaemon! thank you very much...

I start to think twice if I'd ever play a futur demo of TW3:WH.... I'm sure that if I'd do that I defenitvily couldn't wait for the whole game...
... It sounds so extraordinary ... I meow of pure emotion

i'm curious what are the focus points suposed to be: number of charges for special targeted strikes like the TW2 stamina/vigor max 6 charges. Are these talent tree oriented? what do you guys think?

zeta16 said:
Man, I want to know what happens to Saskia... A dragon being controlled by an insane blind sorceress isn't something you can leave just like that. I hope it gets a cool sidequest at least.

Well, I killed her, and probably harvested her scales for my armor, and ate or sold the meat. :) That leads to a problem with our TW2 saves. There should be a way not to have dead characters miraculously resurrected in TW3.

Thanks for the translation. It sounds amazing. I can't wait when I'll beat the North into submission for the glory of the Great Sun and the White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Foes. ;) Some gameplay video would be nice though.

blackgriffin said:
i'm curious what are the focus points suposed to be: number of charges for special targeted strikes like the TW2 stamina/vigor max 6 charges. Are these talent tree oriented? what do you guys think?
It seems like it's a special Witcher skill that when activated will slow time down and give you a special move to accurately target a specific monster part based on your knowledge on that monster. And yes, it should be talent oriented.

Personally I want it to be like a meter that you can fill much like a nitrous on a racing game where you can activate it on/off while in combat at the same time filling it along the way.

Guest 2013460

Thanks for the translation!

Kodaemon said:
We won't see Skyrim-like, automatic hints "on the radar" making navigation easier in the game. Instead, the developers claim that regardless of where we are, there will always be something extraordinary loomng on the horizon, our own curiosity pushing us to reach it.

Excellent.

Kodaemon said:
Importing savegames from previous games is also uncertain - while the developers like the idea, it's impeded by problems in carrying over saves between different systems. One thing is confirmed - since "three" is the last part of the cycle, the developers will put every effort in closing all threads open so far, for example in sidequests.

What?

Importing uncertain?

Wha-what?

Yeh, thats not the first time confusion over whether TW2 saves are in/out has been discussed. To me the reasoning given here seems a bit weak, or incomplete, and to my mind not allowing saves games to factor is going to cause more problems (subjectively perceived by the players) than it prevents.

One of the studio's major reasons for further developing the engine towards open-world generation wasn't, as you might think, Skyrim, but rather a natural desire to revisit locations from already finished acts in The Witcher 2. From Aedirn to Flotsam, for example - where you would see for yourself what consequences of our earlier actions or finish still open quests.
This states otherwise :)

Kudos said:
Yeh, thats not the first time confusion over whether TW2 saves are in/out has been discussed. To me the reasoning given here seems a bit weak, or incomplete, and to my mind not allowing saves games to factor is going to cause more problems (subjectively perceived by the players) than it prevents.

I do not require a direct import. A comic (best if combined TW1 and TW2) with all possible choices in the beginning of TW3 will do the trick just fine. As long as there is a way to account for all our choices, and a state of the North at the end of TW2, it'll be fine.

One of the studio's major reasons for further developing the engine towards open-world generation wasn't, as you might think, Skyrim, but rather a natural desire to revisit locations from already finished acts in The Witcher 2. From Aedirn to Flotsam, for example - where you would see for yourself what consequences of our earlier actions or finish still open quests.

From Aedirn all the way west to Skellige?
That sounds way too big to me.

I mean Flotsam ok fine, I can get behind that (that means we will also see La Valette Castle if we want to be geographically consistent). But also Upper Aedirn?

I don't know, I hope they are not biting more than they can chew.

Could be future dlc sketches.

On the save games, some of the confusion is around, apparently, xbox360 -> xbox720 transfer. It seems it just can't be done. Weird.

No such problem can be used to support lack of PC game transfer. The only reason I can think of them not wanting to provide this is to simplify start states, and perhaps the living status of some NPCs felt necessary for story. I dunno, but that just doesn't seem likely, and contradicts other stated aims.

Top Bottom