CD.. I wanna play the story before you changed it for Keanu..

+
I really wanna play that 2018 game before some upper dude wanted to hang out with Keanu...
I played enough of this game - over 120hrs that i can see that some of that is reused and those were the best missions... everything else its rushed and linear and just dumb.. its not about V... Jackie dies... I know everything was subject to change but they changed the whole story and didnt had time for the game.. that is why we are here and id like to know the real story they wanted to tell us and not this..

Last edited:
Yeah...

No disrespect to Keanu, but the swap to making this game The Ballad of Silverhand effectively ruined what was originally going to be something special.

That much is self evident from the huge, complex and beautifully constructed city and outskirts, which are now relegated to nothing more than a dead backdrop for a short depressing story, rather than being the foundation of a huge, enjoyable RPG that you could have potentially lost yourself in for months.

Ah, well....

Last edited:
I would really like to see expansions that explore the World after getting rid of Jhonny. Treat this game as the "vanilla" to establish the setting, then with expansion tell more interesting stories evolving around the player and their life in a city like this.

Yeah...

No disrespect to Keanu, but the swap to making this game The Ballad of Silverhand, effectively ruined what was originally going to be something special.

That much is self evident from the huge, complex and beautifully constructed city and outskirts, which are now relegated to nothing more than a dead backdrop for a short depressing story, rather than a huge, enjoyable RPG that you could have potentially lost yourself in for months.

Ah, well....
Oh, don’t forget that six month montage of V and Jackie. That would have been some really special content right there, and I don’t get why it’s gone.

Yup, something at the very least in the levels of what Elder Scrolls series did years and years ago, at the very least. People want to he lost in many long hidden side side quest chains that branch and interlace, with their own long stories. Gettinf lost for months, years, in Night City. The way they marketed the game felt it would be just that and many more, actuallt.

Preach it. I want to play that six months that's missing. Like V and Jackie had so much fun, crawling their way to be respectable Solo's.

I want to go to a nightclub with Jackie, eat some Chillie with the Fam. Meet people. I want to know how the hell did we get to become buddy-buddy with the Wakako, even if we're in a different area. There's so much missing and it makes me sad. I'd feel like I'd be a lot more connected to these characters if I wasn't missing that piece.

I want the game where it's all about survival and becoming the best like Morgan Blackhand. Getting filthy rich. The freaking chip bull should have happened in the second game. Because that would make more sense, right? The best Solo in the business taking the chip from one of the most powerful people in the world. Just, idk... eugh.

Exactly
how
I
feel

Everything shown in the demos and trailers was better. Game itself feels like a serious downgrade witha lot of cut / unfinished features. I want that exact same game from the gamplay demos and trailers.
I rewatched the trailers and the 48 minutes and its funny how almost everything was cut... like we got some early build and with changed story that they didnt had time to make the whole game... its just sad.

I really liked how the relationship developed with Johnny, but I have to say I don't want to see him again or give him more space. There is upcoming expansion, which I guess will continue the story and I have no idea how they do it.

Cyberpunk 2077 is more about Johnny than about V, sadly because Nomad storyline hard carrying this game.

Do you have any source about it?
I don't feel like the story changed and V is not the focus anymore at any moment of the game.

I love Johnny more than I should and him and my V are the best pals ever but man, I can't help but agree. The story feels rushed to include him in everything after The Heist and I really wish we could have more content (like the 6 months montage with Jackie) before they turn the story completely about Johnny and V.

V is the entire focus of the game, their fight to survive is, and the only real relationship they form in a screwed up city is with a voice in their head that's slowly killing them... Sure it's not the self centered, savior of the world, entitled focus we're use to with main characters from other RPG's who are all destined to do great things, and have people and companions bowing at their feet, because we're forced to share our glory/story which makes the story more compelling and the ending more impactful. Also this is the only RPG in recent memory that tells a personal story about the main character. Most of the time you are caught up in some crazy world saving story arc. This is also the most popular theme ( a silverhand story) for first time groups playing the table top so it was a good choice.

V is the entire focus of the game, their fight to survive is, and the only real relationship they form in a screwed up city is with a voice in their head that's slowly killing them... Sure it's not the self centered, savior of the world, entitled focus we're use to with main characters from other RPG's who are all destined to do great things, and have people and companions bowing at their feet, because we're forced to share our glory/story which makes the story more compelling and the ending more impactful. Also this is the only RPG in recent memory that tells a personal story about the main character. Most of the time you are caught up in some crazy world saving story arc. This is also the most popular theme ( a silverhand story) for first time groups playing the table top so it was a good choice.

I dont know what game you played but V is the least centered person in the game... Didnt you notice that no one cares about you... that if you had a thing with Panam yeah but otherwise no one... you helped Judy so many times and she ends up leaving and not even staying to help you out.. I get about the fixers but not even the gangs who you helped out. No one cares that you are dying in less then a month. No one.. And you say oh Jonny.. Jonny tried to fck with you and then asked your body to have xxx with Rogue then to visit an old friend and play one last time.. Jonny did his.. He didnt care about V.. just fck the corpos.. nothing else.. you can be scam of the earth to him and end up having 6 out of 7 endings.. nothing will change.. You did all that good that in the end the only people you can call is rogue or panam.. or judy well if you manage to be a girl.. V has horrible dialogue because he is always used and he cant say BULLSHIT... he cant say because you are meant to be as Misty put it "the fool" and for that this game is horrbible... no RPG elements what so ever that will have some replay options. V is made to follow on Jonnys story. Not his. Because it was V he would have the option to go alone in Arasaka and no.. you had the option of going as jonny..

You do have the option of going alone into Arasaka....You know when you side with them and end up with your mind trapped in their prison waiting on a new body that will never come.... The story is meant to show the bleakness of the city. The phone messages you get while the credits roll show you that all the characters you interacted with care about V and not Johnny. Even when Johnny gets your body and lives the characters call to talk to V. I really don't know what game you played...

Top Bottom