CD.. I wanna play the story before you changed it for Keanu..

+
I think multiplayer is very serious. I found at the credits a multiplayer team so it is really being developed.

That would be the final nail in the coffin for me, and I wouldn't touch it with anyone else's barge pole, let alone mine.

I'm sick of every game being infected with banal mp. It just cheapens the whole thing and makes it into a trivial throwaway experience.

If people want mp, go play Fortnite or something. I'd rather CDPR concentrate on making the game solid and moving it closer to its original design, not further away from it..

Opinions may vary....

That would be the final nail in the coffin for me, and I wouldn't touch it with anyone else's barge pole, let alone mine.

I'm sick of every game being infected with banal mp. It just cheapens the whole thing and makes it into a trivial throwaway experience.

If people want mp, go play Fortnite or something. I'd rather CDPR concentrate on making the game solid and moving it closer to its original design, not further away from it..

Opinions may vary....

13 million people didn't buy Cyberpunk 2077 for a multiplayer experience.

13 million people didn't buy Cyberpunk 2077 for a multiplayer experience.

Which is somewhat comforting, admittedly, at present.

Good solid solo experience beats mp any day. Although, also admittedly, I didn't get that either. So far, the most enjoyable experience has been simply driving around in a green mean Colby Butte pickup, just sightseeing.

I try so hard to like this game. But it's a struggle...

Think I may swap back to my Dragon Age Inquisition campaign (not mp, grr...), tbh...

Either that or continue on with the W3 dlc's now that I have Ciri as a companion, thanks to a mod...

I hope they add a DLC ABOUT our character V. You know, flash him/her out more.

Provided it occurs after the end, and the death knell has stopped sounding for V.

Prior to that would be a bit pointless, in my own opinion, since anything you learn about them would ultimately be concluded with "...and then they died.".

Still, if they gave away something like that for free....fine.

When remembering correctly the voodoo boys also had just two quests. Placide's and the following one. Im curious if they put in so much effort just for those two missions.

Afaik
in all seven endings V dies and wont survive? So even if we get expansions we wont be able to play our own created character anymore if its a sequel which would be sad.

So overall I also feel like its very rushed. But Idk about the content being cut or not.

I really wanna play that 2018 game before some upper dude wanted to hang out with Keanu...
I played enough of this game - over 120hrs that i can see that some of that is reused and those were the best missions... everything else its rushed and linear and just dumb.. its not about V... Jackie dies... I know everything was subject to change but they changed the whole story and didnt had time for the game.. that is why we are here and id like to know the real story they wanted to tell us and not this..
Johnny is part of the Cyberpunk lore, what are you talking about?

I would really like to see expansions that explore the World after getting rid of Jhonny. Treat this game as the "vanilla" to establish the setting, then with expansion tell more interesting stories evolving around the player and their life in a city like this.

This.

It is actually so easy what CD Red could do to make the game "great" - indeed treat the whole Biochip and Johnny-story as the grand setup. origin-story of "V"

Instead of concentrating on one or two big Witcher3-like addons, maybe merely one, and instead add more and more small to mid-sized stories over time. Episodes in the life of up and coming legendary-merc "V".

And bring substantial additions to the world of Night City with every of such episodes for free alongside the new content.

That would grow Night city and make more lively over time, and also give the people loving "V" more content to play with, free from Johnny and a race against time.

Could be cool missions that are similar to the first "heist mission", only with a little more interactivity and surprises along the way. Cool sabtoage-mission in the Badlands against corpo-bases, that need several preparation-steps prior. Decisions which helper you trust - with maybe a wrong decision turning the mission into a nightmare...

Or infiltration-mission where "V" has to pretend to be a corpo with fake identities - and bonuses for a Corpo-Background, while Nomads and Streetkids will have a much harder time to pose as a corpo-rat.

I think stuff like this - couple of hour "bite-sized" content placed AFTER the johnny-stuff might help much more to keep CP77 alive.

Of course, first CD Red needs to get rid of the whole outcomes of the maingame...

i don't believe the swap theory. and i'm not convinced by one youtuber's speculations. there were many holes in his arguments. the scene featuring dexter deshawn and the arasaka heist were quite old. i'm pretty sure they had an established story quite a ways back involving johnny silverhand and soulkiller. i mean it's kind of a given considering how heavily soulkiller featured in the overall lore of the cyberpunk ip
Yeah, I also think that the game we got was like half of the whole story that should have been, I also think that the 30 sec. cutscene was actual content they cut because of the time they had left and all that pushing from the management. I also think that they should have included a merge with jonny at the ending and go like "whe gonna destroy all these arasaka assholes" and go down as the best merc NC and all the wold had ever seen. (i took streetkid V so it makes the most sense for me and with 7 endings I think they had more in mind for the other starting points). All in all i think we got about 40% ish? from the story we should have gotten.

I'm at a point right now in the story where they dropped all interesting characters to solely focus on Keanu Reeves's story...

They shouldn't have killed Jackie and Evelyn, or at least not kill them so early on. Those were very interesting characters, directly linked to V, and they felt so underutilized. Judy was basically dropped to the sidelines as well as Panam and Ward (you complete their quests, and that's it, they have no more involvement to the story, to what's supposed to be YOUR story, YOUR life). I don't know, like you said, it feels like this game is Johnny Silverhands story, not V's. All characters important to him/her were kicked out one way or another. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm the protagonist.

The voodoo boys and that whole cyberspace part was amazing but I was expecting more from that, it felt short, it was all about Silverhand again and I guess that was it. I'm assuming you won't return to deal with the voodoo boys and Brigitte + Placide (again cool underutilized characters). That was it.

Did they had a different story before adding Keanu's character? From their first snippets I assumed he would only be in a DLC, not the whole game revolving around him.

I'm at a point right now in the story where they dropped all interesting characters to solely focus on Keanu Reeves's story...

They shouldn't have killed Jackie and Evelyn, or at least not kill them so early on. Those were very interesting characters, directly linked to V, and they felt so underutilized. Judy was basically dropped to the sidelines as well as Panam and Ward (you complete their quests, and that's it, they have no more involvement to the story, to what's supposed to be YOUR story, YOUR life). I don't know, like you said, it feels like this game is Johnny Silverhands story, not V's. All characters important to him/her were kicked out one way or another. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm the protagonist.

The voodoo boys and that whole cyberspace part was amazing but I was expecting more from that, it felt short, it was all about Silverhand again and I guess that was it. I'm assuming you won't return to deal with the voodoo boys and Brigitte + Placide (again cool underutilized characters). That was it.

Did they had a different story before adding Keanu's character? From their first snippets I assumed he would only be in a DLC, not the whole game revolving around him.

So much this, the big emotional impact moments feel a bit flat because they happen before you really have a chance to form those relationships.

It's easy to run away with what ifs when it comes to the story.....but I have been running away with what ifs and how much of a missed opportunity this is.

Because the betatesters said that the six month are boring. That's why CDPR cut it.

That's interesting - have you got a link or idea where that was - keen to read more about that.

Because that would make sense - the game feels sterilised by a focus group.

I feel like people are missing the other big real world issues that impacted the studio between 2016 and now. In 2017, CDPR had a great deal of their senior talent from every department walk away, citing shitty working conditions, it is very well publicized as well. Then at E3 18 the reveal of Keanu which was likely more to draw additional talent to replace those that walked, they were hiring at that time through 2019. 2019 appears to have been a quiet year for developmental issues. But then 2020 came around and prevented them from using their normal third party QA process which is why a lot of these issues made it through, this stuff, especially the story issues, would have been caught by a QA company and resulted in another delay to correct. We are literally QA'ing the game for them right now as evidenced by the number of blank shards and consoles, areas that are navmeshed but inaccessible without glitches or the console and the number of really weird issues that existed initially...penises in jeans anyone?

But there are also two other major issues that most people don't discuss that I think had a larger impact on the studio than anything else mentioned except the senior experience and COVID issue this year with QA:

1) 2018 was the year that some of the larger media organizations released several articles noting that across ALL consoles, 65% of players never finished the story of The Witcher 3. That likely spooked both investors and upper management, and pushed them into asking for cuts to the main story depth, possibly cuts that resulted in that 6 month time jump + cutscene and the shortening of the lifepath portion, as well as additional content for V's issues post game.

2) 2018 was also the year that Nvidia in conjunction with Microsofts DirectX team released the Ray-Tracing SDK, originally pointed at the Titan series graphics cards, and then announced the release of more wide-spread and accessible cards shipping in 2019 for ray-tracing capable games. CDPR was given a choice here of embracing next gen lighting, which absolutely makes a gigantic difference in the game world, or sticking with the current gen lighting solutions. They went all-in on ray-tracing, and it had a much larger performance impact than I believe they initially expected it to, and was much harder to implement than they expected.

Ultimately all of this resulted in a major ball drop on the launch. I think that they had a more dynamic story planned where you would start on your lifepath, all paths would build up your rep and slowly lead to joining up with Jackie (each path has a different way of shoe-horning the MC, even corpo where you are a member of fucking Arasaka) a middle portion where you built V's rep while dealing with the Silverhand storyline prior to having a post big decision portion where you follow the paths you chose and found a way to deal with V's problems.

Certain gangs are even more or less likely to work with the various life paths, Wakako and Regina for instance would be likely to accept jobs from corpos and have jobs for corpos because they both have ties to them. There should also be more side missions as well related to the other corps that are obviously existant in Night City, more NCPD and Militech missions for the player and more stuff to help out in the badlands.

I feel like people are missing the other big real world issues that impacted the studio between 2016 and now. In 2017, CDPR had a great deal of their senior talent from every department walk away, citing shitty working conditions, it is very well publicized as well. Then at E3 18 the reveal of Keanu which was likely more to draw additional talent to replace those that walked, they were hiring at that time through 2019. 2019 appears to have been a quiet year for developmental issues. But then 2020 came around and prevented them from using their normal third party QA process which is why a lot of these issues made it through, this stuff, especially the story issues, would have been caught by a QA company and resulted in another delay to correct. We are literally QA'ing the game for them right now as evidenced by the number of blank shards and consoles, areas that are navmeshed but inaccessible without glitches or the console and the number of really weird issues that existed initially...penises in jeans anyone?

But there are also two other major issues that most people don't discuss that I think had a larger impact on the studio than anything else mentioned except the senior experience and COVID issue this year with QA:

1) 2018 was the year that some of the larger media organizations released several articles noting that across ALL consoles, 65% of players never finished the story of The Witcher 3. That likely spooked both investors and upper management, and pushed them into asking for cuts to the main story depth, possibly cuts that resulted in that 6 month time jump + cutscene and the shortening of the lifepath portion, as well as additional content for V's issues post game.

2) 2018 was also the year that Nvidia in conjunction with Microsofts DirectX team released the Ray-Tracing SDK, originally pointed at the Titan series graphics cards, and then announced the release of more wide-spread and accessible cards shipping in 2019 for ray-tracing capable games. CDPR was given a choice here of embracing next gen lighting, which absolutely makes a gigantic difference in the game world, or sticking with the current gen lighting solutions. They went all-in on ray-tracing, and it had a much larger performance impact than I believe they initially expected it to, and was much harder to implement than they expected.

Ultimately all of this resulted in a major ball drop on the launch. I think that they had a more dynamic story planned where you would start on your lifepath, all paths would build up your rep and slowly lead to joining up with Jackie (each path has a different way of shoe-horning the MC, even corpo where you are a member of fucking Arasaka) a middle portion where you built V's rep while dealing with the Silverhand storyline prior to having a post big decision portion where you follow the paths you chose and found a way to deal with V's problems.

Certain gangs are even more or less likely to work with the various life paths, Wakako and Regina for instance would be likely to accept jobs from corpos and have jobs for corpos because they both have ties to them. There should also be more side missions as well related to the other corps that are obviously existant in Night City, more NCPD and Militech missions for the player and more stuff to help out in the badlands.

So what you're basically saying here is that CDPR should have really been more upfront with investors and customers regarding the issues they were dealing with, and delayed until 2021 to secure a solid launch....

I could accept that. It still falls under their "It'll be ready, when it's ready." mandate.

What I don't accept is releasing a half baked product at full price, that isn't the game we were told it would be (or expected) that panders to big name star screen time requirements... No disrespect, Keanu. Business is business, after all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom