CD.. I wanna play the story before you changed it for Keanu..

+
So what you're basically saying here is that CDPR should have really been more upfront with investors and customers regarding the issues they were dealing with, and delayed until 2021 to secure a solid launch....

I could accept that. It still falls under their "It'll be ready, when it's ready." mandate.

What I don't accept is releasing a half baked product at full price, that isn't the game we were told it would be (or expected) that panders to big name star screen time requirements... No disrespect, Keanu. Business is business, after all.

They were upfront, asking for the limited delay from November to December got most of them death threats from entitled fans, they likely didn't feel safe asking for another, not that it mattered, because they, the dev team, was very aware the game wasn't ready and took that to management. The CEO, CFO and VP of Business Practice lied their asses off to protect their own investments (they are the three largest shareholders in the company). This is also the reason those three persons are personally named in the Lawsuits, and why those three have announced they would take responsibility for the issues that have occurred.

I believe it is important to separate the majority of the studio's employees from those responsible here.

They were upfront, asking for the limited delay from November to December got most of them death threats from entitled fans, they likely didn't feel safe asking for another, not that it mattered, because they, the dev team, was very aware the game wasn't ready and took that to management. The CEO, CFO and VP of Business Practice lied their asses off to protect their own investments (they are the three largest shareholders in the company). This is also the reason those three persons are personally named in the Lawsuits, and why those three have announced they would take responsibility for the issues that have occurred.

I believe it is important to separate the majority of the studio's employees from those responsible here.

Absolutely agree. I don't blame the devs. Never have. They have to do what they're told, and it's not down to them when it releases, even when they know (and have latterly made clear) that the game was not ready for release.

For clarity, neither am I arguing with you. It's CDPR, the representative company, that is the issue. There were a lot of lies being spread by them, both in terms of game readiness and of actual content.

End result; a lot of not very happy bunnies...

Anyway, the whole, 'Here's, Johnny!" storyline and the drawn out impending doom of your character just didn't work for me as a game. There's no RPG here. Or enjoyment, for that matter. Which is kind of the point of buying entertainment in the first place.

Last edited:

I'm certainly not excusing the behavior of those who made death threats or anything, but people were upset with delays for the game they were told was finished 10 months prior in January. Something even the developers of the game ended up calling their higherups out on after the game's launch, stating the game was nowhere near ready and that they'd lied to consumers.

Let's be real here, the developers didn't want the game launched, they didn't launch because fans asked them to and they certainly didn't launch because a very few people made death threats (like plenty of idiotic internet people in comment threads everywhere). They launched because of the number of preorders, the holiday money and they thought they could get away with it.

Maybe they should have been honest with their consumers and shareholders and been more transparent about everything. After all, lying multiple times throughout development about the state of the game or advertising certain things that they had no intention of selling didn't seem to work out so well. Go figure.

I don't want DLC about what is missing in the game, I prefer a dev like No Man Sky: No Man Sky's developpers have been continuously adding contents and developping the story without DLC since the game was realeased, through years with just regular updates.
It's the best example of what a great game developpment is.

I don't want DLC about what is missing in the game, I prefer a dev like No Man Sky: No Man Sky's developpers have been continuously adding contents and developping the story without DLC since the game was realeased, through years with just regular updates.
It's the best example of what a great game developpment is.

Won't happen because of the limited funding model that their approach produces. Hello Games has 26 employees and does not have to pay dividends to shareholders. The second that CDPR became a publicly traded company was the second that such a marketing plan became impossible for them. We will likely get many free content patches just like the Witcher 3 did, but we will 100% get some of the stuff we expect in the game in paid DLC. I doubt we make it to July before the first paid DLC is announced, they have shareholders who expect a fairly tidy return on investment to keep happy, and many of those people are going to be extremely critical of their future business plans, and a business model where you go 2-3 years without a new product in development where you spend most of your time providing free content to an existing game is unlikely for a publicly traded company.

Won't happen because of the limited funding model that their approach produces. Hello Games has 26 employees and does not have to pay dividends to shareholders. The second that CDPR became a publicly traded company was the second that such a marketing plan became impossible for them. We will likely get many free content patches just like the Witcher 3 did, but we will 100% get some of the stuff we expect in the game in paid DLC. I doubt we make it to July before the first paid DLC is announced, they have shareholders who expect a fairly tidy return on investment to keep happy, and many of those people are going to be extremely critical of their future business plans, and a business model where you go 2-3 years without a new product in development where you spend most of your time providing free content to an existing game is unlikely for a publicly traded company.
Re release the game them. Community historically see re releases with very good eyes.

The only way to save this game is a re release with a great apology letter.
They not only cut all the content seen in all the media
none of the game mechanics work
it is not immersive,
no physics
null AI or reaction of all npc

"everything is linear"

They would have to rewrite everything

If Jackie die
the way we already know
with its multiple endings

so as not to break what has already been done and follow the story that is already told
If Jackie survives
Let Jhony Silverhand enter V or Jackie, there we have two paths. See the virtual world by connecting by cable to Jackie if this were the case.
try to save Jackie/V
Jhony Silverhand takes control of Jackie o V in the end. This would have hit much harder in the heart.
And if I had more paths, it is welcome.

Another thing that I think was a mistake, introducing the camaraderie we have with Jackie in a cinematic.
They must be playable, so we can love them both
Even missions where they end unsuccessfully for some reason, since in those 6 months we did not do well economically.
even if we did well, a reason why we have to spend everything. And it would also be a good way to introduce T-Bug or Jackie's mom
kidnapping or cheating us with a payment

Last edited:
Johnny is part of the Cyberpunk lore, what are you talking about?
Yeah he is, buy the whole game shouldn't revolve around him. Johnny Silverhand should have been a very awesome DLC or something else.
Post automatically merged:

Preach it. I want to play that six months that's missing. Like V and Jackie had so much fun, crawling their way to be respectable Solo's.

I want to go to a nightclub with Jackie, eat some Chillie with the Fam. Meet people. I want to know how the hell did we get to become buddy-buddy with the Wakako, even if we're in a different area. There's so much missing and it makes me sad. I'd feel like I'd be a lot more connected to these characters if I wasn't missing that piece.

I want the game where it's all about survival and becoming the best like Morgan Blackhand. Getting filthy rich. The freaking chip bull should have happened in the second game. Because that would make more sense, right? The best Solo in the business taking the chip from one of the most powerful people in the world. Just, idk... eugh.
For real, give me a reason to understand V's grief to losing his bestfriend. Allow me to have a reason to grief along with V for Jackie.

Absolutely agree. I don't blame the devs. Never have. They have to do what they're told, and it's not down to them when it releases, even when they know (and have latterly made clear) that the game was not ready for release.

For clarity, neither am I arguing with you. It's CDPR, the representative company, that is the issue. There were a lot of lies being spread by them, both in terms of game readiness and of actual content.

End result; a lot of not very happy bunnies...

Anyway, the whole, 'Here's, Johnny!" storyline and the drawn out impending doom of your character just didn't work for me as a game. There's no RPG here. Or enjoyment, for that matter. Which is kind of the point of buying entertainment in the first place.
Instead of an awesome RPG version of Deus Ex Machina, I feel like this ended being a John Wick Machina instead.

Last edited:

In the emergency investor meeting the CEO guy specifically stated there were NO external factors to the release in December. The idea that hollow death threats from losers on a forum played any part is silly even without this admission

Yes, it's sad to see that 350 developpers in CDprojekt doesn't mean better method to add content like 26 Hello Games developpers.

With the console pb, i'm worried the contents will be extremely delayed again. As long as it's not stable and solved with PS4/Xbox1, they fairly can't add contents with DLC. It will take long time, probably not before 2022.

Unless they do distinct branches releases between console and pc.

Yes, it's sad to see that 350 developpers in CDprojekt doesn't mean better method to add content like 26 Hello Games developpers.

With the console pb, i'm worried the contents will be extremely delayed again. As long as it's not stable and solved with PS4/Xbox1, they fairly can't add contents with DLC. It will take long time, probably not before 2022.

Unless they do distinct branches releases between console and pc.

I expect the PS4 and Xbone will be getting an optimization pass, but you aren't going to get nearly as much of graphical fidelity fix as most people around seem to expect, your console cannot handle it. The game will be shipping DLC 2021 it's almost gaurenteed, to do otherwise is probably going to get them into more trouble with investors.

In the emergency investor meeting the CEO guy specifically stated there were NO external factors to the release in December. The idea that hollow death threats from losers on a forum played any part is silly even without this admission

That's 100% bullshit because COVID-19 was a massive external factor that prevented them from getting any third party QA accomplished which was also in that meeting you are referring to, they specifically stated during that meeting that they were unable to conduct any third party QA because the QA agencies could not enter their building and only conducted internal QA, which is the worst kind of QA on this type of project.

The death threats may not have had an actual inpact, but 100% there were external factors that impacted the launch. Also you'll note that I said the death threats were irrelevant anyways because the upper management types locked the dealine anyways.

For those asking for a re-release, that's a fucking pipe-dream and a half, and will certainly not be the case that the company takes. We will see features added via free patches these will include things like more ripperdocs (maybe even ripperdoc anims), balance passes on combat and perks, enemy AI fixes and tweaks, probably apartments, maybe vehicle customization and more clothing and weapons diversity, possible the ability to see our selves in mirrors (the lack of third person anims make this difficult) and maybe cosmetic customization like hair and makeup. We may get the cut content from the Lifepath intro's and we may get access to the material that was cut with the cut-scene at the beginning.

We likely won't see major changes to V's story, specifically post ending, until they drop paid DLC, joining the gangs may or may not be DLC on it's own as well. Extensive new features are likely going to be DLC additions as well. Some of the features originally planned are cut and we won't see them specifically that fashion system that they talked about a time or two. We may see some additional enemies added for takedowns via side quest. My major hope is more side-quest additions with complex storylines and more chrome there is definitely not enough cyberware.

I really wanna play that 2018 game before some upper dude wanted to hang out with Keanu...
I played enough of this game - over 120hrs that i can see that some of that is reused and those were the best missions... everything else its rushed and linear and just dumb.. its not about V... Jackie dies... I know everything was subject to change but they changed the whole story and didnt had time for the game.. that is why we are here and id like to know the real story they wanted to tell us and not this..

Apparently Reeves was originally only going to have a small role in the game but then he came back asking for a bigger role...and now here we are. A barebones boring unrevolutionary open world "action adventure game". This is what happens when you start bringing celebrities into video games. Most of the budget goes to them for starters. Seriously this game is easily the biggest disappointment I've ever had with video games.

Johnny Silverhand is the main character of the tabletop lore, I'm glad they add the real CP2020 lore into the game!

I loved Keanu anyway during the endgame

Johnny Silverhand is the main character of the tabletop lore, I'm glad they add the real CP2020 lore into the game!

I loved Keanu anyway during the endgame
I can't tell if this is a joke or not. I mean, so is Morgan Blackhand, yet we don't get him. Why didn't we get the literal guy who's a legend we basically want to copy? You know, best solo?

Johnny is part of the Cyberpunk lore, what are you talking about?

I don't care about Johnny. To me he is just glorified example of rockerboy class from tabletop. Hell, the gig near Arasaka towers was just showcase of the class ability to inspire crowds.

The game is set in 2077 in this IP yet somehow 57 years latter all these Cyberpunk 2020 characters are alive in some form? Seems to me when the game was first being brainstormed they wanted such big time skip to have fresh start in this universe but the writers run out of ideas and regurgitated Johnny Silverhand and Arasaka storyline. Lame.

I don't mind Johnny being the driving factor of the story, the reason why your V gets involved in the whole mess etc. Really don't mind, and I also like that he is not a sad melancholic hero we all would love to have as friend, but a pure egoistical asshole with a heart of go...bronze hidden somewhere...

What is bad is the lack of ways to really react and DO something about/against him.

Said it a couple of times - but the game would ahve been just better if you had the choice of either totally embrace Johnny, totally reject johnny, or be wishy washy about him...

The way you deal with the rockerboy in your head would determine which path your V is about to choose in the end. Going down against Arasaka in blaze of glory for pure Johnny-V's, become a legendary merc for hybrid-Johnny-Vs, or just get the job done to get rid of Johnny and become the same old 2nd-rate-merc you started as for pure "V"s

If they ways you answer and react to Johnny would mean something, would have impact of some sort, and would allow for different "V"s with different viewpoints of Johnny and their shared fate...that could would not only made a better story, but also would have made for more replayability - going full Johnny for example would lead to somewhat different endgame and outcomes etc...

alas...

I don't think Johnny wasn't there at anytime even before Keanu Reeves. 2018 trailers just don't talk about story or anything. It's true that they changed some 3rd person cutscenes to 1st person dialogues but I believe it's more immersive than changing it all the time.
I enjoyed so much Silverhand's flashback when we play with him and we see a 2023 when there's not so many people using machines in itselves.
I think this history is too short, about 20/25 hours to found the first opportunity of ending the game, but in my opinion it's far from being boring at sometime.
I only played with female V and started as nomad. I expected at some point we could use help from guys from the family V left, but they're just forgotten.
But I found Johnny storyline great I don't think this was inserted there just to put Keanu in the game.

I think multiplayer is very serious. I found at the credits a multiplayer team so it is really being developed.

I really hope they don't add multiplayer PVP to this game. Look what that did to Destiny? ...Unless its coop play like Borderlands.

Top Bottom