CD-keys for GOG backup copies

+
MM360 said:
It launches on the 17th and there will be a special website set up for this event. More details will be available as we approach the release date:)

MM360 said:
So when can us Steam users start sending in your proof of purchase pic?

I multiquoted so that MM360`s post is above yours

CostinMoroianu said:
Well I guess steam users who deleted their e-mail are screwed then? It was over a year after all...

You might be able to login to steam and check your profile for purchase history .

Ok so....
retail customers will have backup copy
steam customers will have too

...and for us Gog-ers? What about the 40 pages more arrrrr-tbook?

CostinMoroianu said:
Yes I can do that, so a screeshot of that would be enough then?

I believe a printed copy would be best or screenshot may work . They might even send your purhase info to your email addy .

CostinMoroianu said:
I bought my retail copy online from this swedish website:My link
Did you create a profile for purchasing . If yes then signin and see if you can find your purchase info and either print a copy or save the webpage or see if they can resend your purchase info to your email .

yes i have a porfile there and i will ask them to send it to me thanks.
A question why at all ask people for a cd key when so many dont have it ?

Hi,
I'm sorry But maybe I missed something.. I purchased the game via GOG, why do I need a backup copy? The incoming update of the Enhanced Edition will solve the problems occurred with the current patch (my game won't start)? Sorry 4 my eng..

senkei said:
Hi,
I'm sorry But maybe I missed something.. I purchased the game via GOG, why do I need a backup copy? The incoming update of the Enhanced Edition will solve the problems occurred with the current patch (my game won't start)? Sorry 4 my eng..

i don't believe it makes a difference if you bought it from GoG... can't you already download it from there?
if not, you will be able to.

as for your problem, i don't really know anything about it, I'm a steam user, and i don't have that problem.
did you try right click and Run as Administrator?

senkei said:

it's Steam's fault for not providing us with a CD Key, they thought it would be easier to auto-enter it in the previously available registration (which was removed)

benke50 said:
Just my thoughts here but pirated copies come to mind first thing .

benke50 said:
Hi,

You wouldn`t need a backup copy if you already purchased from GOG .
Might want to check at the link for a clue to why the game isn`t starting
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26411-additional-fixes-for-21-issues-and-142-error-or-witcher-2-stopped-working/

benke50 said:

They didn't ask for CD keys as far as this backup offer is concerned, they asked for proof of purchase. People just assumed that they would ask for CD keys and then got worried when they couldn't find one.

in the conference live video at the end he said that you needed the cd key
Yes I understand that Tommy,but when so many here is without a cdkey both those who
bought a retail copy and steam copy and gog.com copy then something must of been wrong.And some 1 or more must have done something wrong if they did not provide a cdkey in the games.I dont say its CDPRED but somewhere its a bad misstake made of 1 or more people.

benke50 said:
in the conference live video at the end he said that you needed the cd key
Yes I understand that Tommy,but when so many here is without a cdkey both those who
bought a retail copy and steam copy and gog.com copy then something must of been wrong.And some 1 or more must have done something wrong if they did not provide a cdkey in the games.I dont say its CDPRED but somewhere its a bad misstake made of 1 or more people.

Well, I'm sure that *this* kind of response will make them think twice before they offer something like this in the future. It is truly incredible what people can find to complain about.

So its ok to ask gamers for a cdkey of the game but not provide it with the game ?
OH I forgot to say I love you to :)

Let`s cool it with the sniping .

IMO this was CDPR`s way of making sure that everyone has a chance to obtain a backup copy of the game . If you already have a GOG copy then there`s no need for any additional backup copy .

Top Bottom