CD Keys in Canada

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
CD Keys in Canada

This is a work-in-progress FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , do check it often as new tips are being addedQ: I bought Witcher copy in Canada and I can’t find registration Key….A: Unfortunately we heard about this problem – you have to contact Atari Technical support and ask for a REPLACEMENT KEY__________________________________________________________________Hello,I purchased a copy of The Witcher and I cannot find the cdkey in the manual. I have checked everywhere, front cover, back cover etc. I took the game back to the store and they checked a couple of other copies and there is no cdkey as well. I do not know who to contact regarding this and I just wanted to see if anyone else in Ontario, Canada received a copy without a cd key. Id like to know if this is a widespread problem instead of going around the city looking for a copy with a cdkey. ThanksBrent[MOD]Added the contact info.[/MOD]

Hey, I just noticed the same problem. I just picked mine up and I'm also in Canada. I'm in Nova Scotia. First time I've ever had an issue with CD-Keys.

Not good. Considering that Atari suggests returning to the store for another copy, generally, for "missing" items, this doesn't bode well. Is the CD-Key required to play or just to register? I guess I'll try it out and see, but I definitely want that CD-Key.

This does sound like it might be an issue; if you register the game you get access to extra sub-forums and from what I have read so far additional content, at the moment that’s only stuff like a min-pdf of 3 pages but I don’t know if registering is required for the dev sdk and mods they are planning to release.Is there any way to attract the attention of an official rep other than hoping they happen to read the topic?

I posted a message on Atari's forums, but they don't have a support page for The Witcher yet. I also put in a registration assistance request through The Witcher's official site, so perhaps I'll get some info. I suggest anyone who has similar issues to do the same by visiting here.I also sent a message to Atari support by using the NWN2 technical section and switching everything to The Witcher (by choosing "Other", since it's not listed). They say they'll get back to me in 7-10 business days. Uh...yeah, I'll wait a couple of weeks for you...sure. :mad:

Brent said:
Yeah, apparently the game still plays and it is for registration only. What is missed out by not registering?
Extra content when it comes out. Possibly the SDK?

I (and a few others) that purchased the game via Metaboli (Digital Download) from the Atari (UK) site are in the same boat. (i.e. no Community Key was issued with the download, only the game activation key.)This is beginning to sound like a much larger problem and not just limited to the Digital Download version.

What do you mean that there's no CD key - are you saying you can't even play the game!

WabeWalker said:
What do you mean that there's no CD key - are you saying you can't even play the game!
You use the CD key in order to officially register your game with CD Projekt. With this you gain access to bonus areas on the website and have you officially recognized as a 'Game Owner' on the forums. Without it, you do not gain access to these areas and there is no way to know if you have purchased a legal copy or not.Consider the CD key as a proof of purchase.As far as I know, it is not needed to install the game (at least I didn't need it for installation, as I had a seperate activation key for my downloaded version).Metaboli has finally emailed my CD key to me, so I hope to be officially registered once I get home from work :)To those of you with the missing keys, hopefully Atari will be as helpful to you as they were with me in getting this resolved.

I have this problem as well, apparently Canada doesn't get CD Keys... :(Anyway, hope there's a solution shortly.

Just a followup: I contacted the store and they checked other copies of the game. None had the CD-Key, so we can't bring it back to the store. The clerk has contacted the Regional Manager to get more info on that particular problem to see what is to be done, but it's a publisher issue since they are responsible for the manual and packaging. So, unless CDProjekt can step in to help, Atari is the one that'll need to fix the problem it seems. Fortunately, the game still works....

Hey everyone,Just for the record, same thing is happening in Quebec and obviously everyone is pointing at each others.Happy gaming

Since it was pointed out to me, I'd like to mention that this isn't really a "CD-Key" to unlock the game. It's proper terminology is "registration key". Just so there's no confusion. ;)

I am from Toronto, Ontario. Purchased my game through EB games and also no CD key. :S Also I egt some weird artificing on characters, so if anybody has a solution could you please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom