CD Projekt CEO: "We have achieved financial independence"

+
CD Projekt CEO: "We have achieved financial independence"

http://www.gazetaprawna.pl/artykuly/727879,prezes-cd-projekt-osiagnelismy-niezaleznosc-finansowa.html

quick & sloppy translation:
CD Projekt has about 26,5 million złotys (~$8,32 million), which allows the company financial independence, which is a "key factor to success", said CD Projekt CEO Adam Kiciński.

"Currently, we are working on two large productions (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077) and two smaller titles (the first one will launch after the new Witcher). We need a financial base to fund our publishing plans. This gives us financial independence, which is a key factor to success. It's good to have a financial background in this industry. It allows you to work on even cooler projects and maintain a high margin, since you don't need to depend on advance payments from distributors" - said Kiciński during the conference.

Vice President and CFO Piotr Nielubowicz pointed out that The Witcher 2 cost 33 million zł (~$10,36 million). Currently, the company has it in stock at 7 million zł (~$2,19 million), which will be "activated" along with further sales. Concurrently, "work in progress", including The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk, is valued at 25 million zł (~$7,85 million).

"We have reduced debt to "unnoticable" levels. Operating cash flow following the first half of the year amounted to 6,3 million zł (~$1,97 million). The development of Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk cost 9 million zł (~$2,82 million) in the first half 2013" - added Nielubowicz.

CD Projekt CEO pointed out that in the run-up to next year's release of The Witcher 3, the company is negotiating further distribution agreements.

"We already have an agreement with Warner Bros and we're conducting further negotiations. We've divided the globe into areas, allowing optimal financial conditions in different territories. In total, we want to have upwards from ten distribution agreements. In addition, we want advance payments from distributors for each geographical area as a contribution and expression of faith in our product " - stressed Kiciński.

The group consists of CD Projekt RED - developer of video games in the RPG genre, GOG - global digital game distribution platform (over 7,5 million games downloaded) and CDP.pl - video game(among others: Blizzard, Sega) and DVD/Blu-ray (among others: Disney, Discovery) distributor in Poland.

keep doing things as today in the rail and evrything will be O.K
Just don´t become like Capcom selliing parts of the games inside the same game!

This is good I guess, but I can't count money in złoty. :p
Congratulations anyway! :)

I have a question though.
Does independent mean that this time DRM can be dropped completely? There were problems with that around the release of TW2 as I recall...

Kodaemon said:
1zł = around $0,314 or €0,235

Thank you! :)

Sometimes I can be difficult, I know, but could you please add the amounts after the PLN in EUR or in USD (in parentheses) to the original post too?
I've already calculated them all, so I have a picture, but that way it would be more convenient for newcomers.

DavidBertalan said:
This is good I guess, but I can't count money in złoty. :p/>
Congratulations anyway! :)/>

I have a question though.
Does independent mean that this time DRM can be dropped completely? There were problems with that around the release of TW2 as I recall... />

It sure as hell should give them more bargaining power, I would think.

Kodaemon said:
Thank you in the name of future readers! :)

Kodaemon said:
It sure as hell should give them more bargaining power, I would think.
I certainly hope so as well. I fear though that companies like WB are still a long way from understanding why DRM is useless and bad for business anyway.

Guest 2091327

Not a surprise given what has come out before, but still comforting to read.

Would be fantastic if TW3 could launch without DRM; a strong message to the rest of the industry that you can be big and still do the right thing. Wonder what they will work on after TW3 though. With teams big enough to work on two huge games concurrently, I would think they have another big project in the tubes, or will work more on the Witcherverse.

Top Bottom