CD PROJEKT Group: Strategy Update

+
That's the whole problem: an engine to serve two complete different games. One is great, one is broken.

Attachments

• 1617127362620.png
    1617127362620.png
    326.8 KB · Views: 229
Brief summary, please?

1) Divide the staff for 2 separate teams to produce games for 2 titles at the same time: Witcher and Cyberpunk

2) The development of new AAA projects will start in 2022

3) Cyberpunk Online will be redone, as far as I understood there will be no separate game "Cyberpunk Online"

4) Future games will have online features in singleplayer

Guest 3847602

I'm liking their new marketing strategy, but I'm not convinced that simultaneous development of future Witcher and Cyberpunk games is a good idea. It didn't go well for BioWare.

Previously we hinted that our next AAA would be a multiplayer Cyberpunk game, but we have decided to reconsider this plan given our new more systemic and agile approach instead of primarily focusing on one big online experience or game we are focusing on bringing online into all of our franchises one day.
Sounds like second thoughts.

But anyhow, I'd rather they not continue with multiplayer. I personally don't have an interest in it for such a game.

And it's also good to see that they are adjusting the marketing strategy.

Last edited:

But anyhow, I'd rather they not continue with multiplayer. I personally don't have an interest in it for such a game.
I do not know what the consolidated consensus is for CP77 MP, but maybe the overal reactions were more negative than psoitive to get a multiplayer CP77 and thus they decided to not pursue it.

I do not know what the consolidated consensus is for CP77 MP, but maybe the overal reactions were more negative than psoitive to get a multiplayer CP77 and thus they decided to not pursue it.
I would rather get a sequel to Cyberpunk 2077 than multiplayer based on the same game. I love the narrative and the characters, and I want that continued, somehow, expansions or sequels, but not multiplayer.

And it's also good to see that they are adjusting the marketing strategy.

So becasue YOU don't want it, have interest the rest of us should be denied who are/were looking forward to it? How about don't buy it if you don't have a interest and let the rest of us who do buy it?

This is great news! Not only they're not giving up on this franchise, but they also confirmed a sequel, acquired another studio and from now on will be working on two IPs at the same time. Cyberpunk fans won't have to wait another decade for a sequel :cry: That's all I wanted to hear

i don't see any changes
online will be anyway
it doesn't really matter which form mp will turn

Top Bottom