CD Projekt has said it can’t guarantee that Cyberpunk 2077’s new-gen console versions will make it out this year as planned, though it’s still targeti

+
I wonder if there is any point in reading this kind of article about something that seems obvious, to me at least... o_O
Because the patch is normally scheduled for the end of 2021, so it could be December 31st... And unfortunately, if it's not ready it will obviously be delayed.

So for me, it's also interesting than an article like :
"The next BMW will most likely have four wheels and an engine... but nothing is actually confirmed by the manufacturer"

While i think its better too delay then release unfinished stuff, if they set a date i kinda expect they have thought about it before hand. But kinda dont really expect much from the patch for me anyways so really dont care much anyways. More interested in knowing what the expansions will be about so i can finaly know if its worth waiting for.

I'm so glad that they don't give out dates and details anymore about all the things they are doing. I never understood why are people so obsessed with future timelines and information about upcoming things. Live in the present, not in the future.

Also I thought that articles should add some value for the reader but this is like saying I'm supposed to go to work in december but I can't guarantee it, nevertheless it is still my intention. Of course they can't guarantee it. After everything that has happened, why would they even?

Last edited:
This is from the Q&A on the H1 financial statement. The first question from one of the institutional investors was something along the lines of "What assurances can you give that it won't be delayed until 2022" the response was "Given everything we've learnered in that last year we can't make those kind of assurances but it is targeted for late 2021"

I'm paraphrasing, but it's here last slide about 20 mins in to presentation https://www.webcast-eqs.com/cdprojekt20210826

IMHO the article in the OP needs to provide this context

This is from the Q&A on the H1 financial statement. The first question from one of the institutional investors was something along the lines of "What assurances can you give that it won't be delayed until 2022" the response was "Given everything we've learnered in that last year we can't make those kind of assurances but it is targeted for late 2021"

I'm paraphrasing, but it's here last slide about 20 mins in to presentation https://www.webcast-eqs.com/cdprojekt20210826
I was listening to that conference earlier today and that answer was everything I'd hoped he would say.

I was just in process of trying to make a thread based on the H1 semiannual earnings rapport that CDPR released. Guess I don't need to anymore! If you're interested their investor part of their website has the actual data. And although these are obviously not aimed at gamers specifically it is a medium through which CDPR also communicates what it is currently working on, how it is going and what they predict for the future.

I listened to a part of the H1 earnings call. So here's my "summary". I'll mostly paraphrase as the transcript is not available yet and the audio quality isn't the best. I tried :giveup:

• CDPR is still committed to supporting the game for "as long as necessary" to make it a "long term success"
To me this was already obvious but this of course overall good news. They reiterate this point multiple times throughout the earnings call. "As long as it takes". They're quite serious about this. Anyone who still believes they're "abandoning" the game is doing some serious mental gymnastics.

• They mention they really want to make CP2077 the game that gamers thought it was going to be.
This is something I wouldn't take too seriously, but it again reinforces their commitment. i do not think they're seriously considering catering to the hype-train, but I stand ready to be surprised.

• Target date for next-gen version: late 2021
"as development of the game is still going plans maybe subject to change" "We're working with an external studio we've worked with before". [due to a change in development process which may -- or not -- cause a delay]

They're just not sure. Which isn't a surprise. They're just covering their behinds again.

1630528123666.png

• CDPR is shifting manpower away from updating CP2077 towards other projects.
    • 160 people are working on the "CP Expansion 01"
    • Nothing about the release date or price -- as they said "we're keeping to our rule" aka their mouth is zipped
From the size of the bar you can probably guess there's ~200 people still on the base game + next gen.

The Q&A at the end also mentioned and clarified a few things which I've merged into the points above. All in all my conclusion is that they're moving steadily and consistently toward a better game.

I think all of us who follow CDPR news know that there will almost certainly be no next-gen patch this year. They have 4 months and we still do not have DLC for cyberpunk 2077 (I do not consider DLC a car and two jackets). They are going to keep fixing Cyberpunk, preparing DLC, working on modding support, it has only 1/3 on nextgen patch and fix patches. According to the article, the rest of the workers are working on the expansion and, I suppose, on the improvements of the game.

A team of talented modding supporters join together and I'm sure they'll help improve Red Engine and fix issues. I think this problem is one of the most important in which they are allocating resources since the engine shows faults and systems that do not exist. How are they going to present AAA games in the future if they don't develop their engine? Many systems like AI are missing !!!

They know their limitations and problems and the solution is working time to advance with the best team. If the next gen patch does not come out this year, there is no problem but it would help your image and your reputation if we ever had information from CDPR about the improvements in which they are dedicating time and work to compensate for the disappointment of not having news in the game for 10 months now.

The news of the alliance with the yigsoft.dev developer team was great news yesterday and it keeps us tuned even if we have no new content in Night city.

I think all of us who follow CDPR news know that there will almost certainly be no next-gen patch this year. They have 4 months and we still do not have DLC for cyberpunk 2077 (I do not consider DLC a car and two jackets).
Those who follow CDPR news should know that DLC's are not expansions and also that these expansions were never meant to be released this year.

• They mention they really want to make CP2077 the game that gamers thought it was going to be.
This is something I wouldn't take too seriously, but it again reinforces their commitment. i do not think they're seriously considering catering to the hype-train, but I stand ready to be surprised.
Thank you very much for summary!

I hope you are right about what you comment regarding "the game that gamers thought it was going to be" as that worries me a bit. For me it's narratively complete work. I just made a post about how production values enables intellectual aspects of game to shine here.

Of course there are still bugs and things like that should be fixed but I don't really see any need for re-working things outside of that. There are escapist fantasy adventures released every year, only to be forgotten in couple of years, some studio is always filling that space on market. CP 2077 isn't one of those forgettable games and it doesn't need to be.

EDIT: Was there anything about multiplayer?

since the engine shows faults and systems that do not exist. How are they going to present AAA games in the future if they don't develop their engine?

An investor asked whether the investment made in RED Engine between TW3 and CP2077 would equate to it taking less time -- and money to use it on a future AAA project.

They then replied that it's too early to tell but more importantly they said that the engine work was still ongoing for CP2077! So they're still working on that's for sure. To which extent of course is an unknown.

EDIT: accidentally posted the comment too early. Edited now with correct info.

EDIT2 to prevent a merged post

EDIT: Was there anything about multiplayer?

No, nothing really relevant as far as I can recall. Let me say it this way -- If CDPR specifically mentioned in the H1 call they're really keeping their mouth shut when it comes to "Expansion 01" you shouldn't expect anything when it comes to multiplayer.

Last edited:
An investor asked whether the investment made in RED Engine between TW3 and CP2077 would equate to it taking less time -- and money to use it on a future AAA project.

They then replied that it's too early to tell but more importantly they said that the engine work was still ongoing for CP2077! So they're still working on that's for sure. To which extent of course is an unknown.

EDIT: accidentally posted the comment too early. Edited now with correct info.

EDIT2 to prevent a merged post

No, nothing really relevant as far as I can recall. Let me say it this way -- If CDPR specifically mentioned in the H1 call they're really keeping their mouth shut when it comes to "Expansion 01" you shouldn't expect anything when it comes to multiplayer.
I remember how one developer commented that working on Cyberpunk was like laying the tracks right when the train was passing. That stage of game development must have been crazy. And we are all clear that some parts of the train track were missing parts and the train is not too comfortable on the journey with Cyberpunk.

Now they have to go through the entire train track and repair all the bugs and problems in the code.

Those who follow CDPR news should know that DLC's are not expansions and also that these expansions were never meant to be released this year.
Yeah but most of us were waiting something bigger. If you know a certain space exploration game had a troubled beginning too, and they released 5 expansions free not just 2 jackets and car.
Even though i love the game it has problems, much less but still, people frustrated and was waiting for something bigger. ✌🏻

Guest 3847602

I hope you are right about what you comment regarding "the game that gamers thought it was going to be" as that worries me a bit. For me it's narratively complete work. I just made a post about how production values enables intellectual aspects of game to shine here.
Don't worry. They're improving the AI and fixing bugs, they're polishing the existing product, not rewriting the story to fulfill the expectations of GTA fans.

I remember how one developer commented that working on Cyberpunk was like laying the tracks right when the train was passing.

Funnily enough an investor in the call mentioned getting confused by that! CDPR specifically mentioned in this call that DLC and Expansions are two different things. When they're talking about "We're gonna announce or release DLC" you should expect something like "a skin, a new jacket or another colour of your hair" and when they talk about expansions you should expect "something like Blood and wine and Hearts of Stone".

So don't get them twisted :p

Yeah but most of us were waiting something bigger. If you know a certain space exploration game had a troubled beginning too, and they released 5 expansions free not just 2 jackets and car.
Even though i love the game it has problems, much less but still, people frustrated and was waiting for something bigger.
So maybe waiting for nothing, because it's know since release that the "free" DLCs will be like TW3 DLCs... Small o_O

Top Bottom