CD Projekt has said it can’t guarantee that Cyberpunk 2077’s new-gen console versions will make it out this year as planned, though it’s still targeti

+
Off-topic posts and blatant rudeness deleted. Topic is clearly defined in the title, so please stick to it.

Does this count as consoles messing shit up for PC again? I dont own a console, and I'd rather them spend their time on content instead of a console version of the game.. At any rate their finished product makes zero impact for me. Just saying.

they working on it [...]
Post automatically merged:

as for the moment the game is working better than ever to me, truth be told i had to get a 3060 for 600euros

Why not? Failing to reach intended goals within the set timeframe is a non-issue by itself. So long as it's clearly communicated those goals will not be met when it's recognized.

Bad communication is when the information provided is deliberately vague, unclear or has a fixation on the juvenile surprise factor in areas where there should be no surprises. Such communication is used to incite interest and, dare I say, hype and hysteria. Likewise, advertising functionality or setting a timetable, realizing either one isn't in the cards and failing to clarify those changes in direction is bad communication.
You probably forgot how people were angry that certain features were cut. As well as people were still angry at things not being in the game even after devs said so before the release. It's damaging to promotion and devs reputation. It angers and frustrates audiences (I pre-ordered for this specific thing, now it's cut, devs bad). There's only one solution to all that.

To put things in perspective, there's around 200 people currently working on the game. It's no wonder patches and improvements have been slow to arrive. That's a tiny team for a AAA project. I had read before there were anywhere from 400-600 people working on it up to release. Unless they've lost a huge number of devs, most of them have apparently been moved to other projects. Their website says they have around 800 total.

To put things in perspective, there's around 200 people currently working on the game. It's no wonder patches and improvements have been slow to arrive. That's a tiny team for a AAA project. I had read before there were anywhere from 400-600 people working on it up to release. Unless they've lost a huge number of devs, most of them have apparently been moved to other projects. Their website says they have around 800 total.
200 is not small at all. It's the average for big AAA games in Sony for example. Rockstar plays in a completely different league with its 4k people involved in their games, and you can easily tell. But again, it's not fair to use their last games as reference. Their 20 years old games, on the other hand...

Top Bottom