CD Projekt has said it can’t guarantee that Cyberpunk 2077’s new-gen console versions will make it out this year as planned, though it’s still targeti

+
Yeah but most of us were waiting something bigger.
Yes, we all would like something bigger. But the game released in a certain state and therefore things needed to be prioritized accordingly. I would rather them squish as many bugs as possible before any expansion so that the experience of that expansion isn't held back by unnecessary problems.

So maybe waiting for nothing, because it's know since release that the "free" DLCs will be like TW3 DLCs... Small o_O
Yeah and i think it will be another wrong move for CD Projekt.
Most of the people waiting at least one free expansion size dlc because of frustration at launch.
I personally started playing just before version 1.3 get sickened of that mirages at road. It supposed to be most crowded city, a living city but most of the traffic get disappear when i get close, most of pedestrians acting like zombies?
I think CD Projekt really really need to reconsider their decision about that one.

Yes, we all would like something bigger. But the game released in a certain state and therefore things needed to be prioritized accordingly. I would rather them squish as many bugs as possible before any expansion so that the experience of that expansion isn't held back by unnecessary problems.
I am not saying that need to rush, i mean as a apology they need to give something more than 2 jackets and 1 car.

Maybe, but I paid for game that I have really enjoyed (price/pleasure/playing time is really (really) in my case). It's sufficient, for me at least. I haven't the feeling that CDPR have to GIVE me something "free" DLCs are "free" bonus :(
Sorry if i have not put this correctly, it is not my main language.
I didn't mean they need to give but it will be better for them in my opinion.
If you watch the Twitch stream about 1.3, lots of people just mocked and leave after they see the "first dlc".
I really liked what 'No Man's Sky' did and i was expecting something similar from CD Projekt.

Sorry if i have not put this correctly, it is not my main language.
I didn't mean they need to give but it will be better for them in my opinion.
If you watch the Twitch stream about 1.3, lots of people just mocked and leave after they see the "first dlc".
I really liked what 'No Man's Sky' did and i was expecting something similar from CD Projekt.
Not mine either, but don't worry :)
But seriously, I think the "hater" are the most noisy. There a big amount of players who really love (or simply "like") the game silently.
And for NMS, I don't know if you have play it day one, but there was nothing to do or almost at the start. Hello games had to "give" something to do in the game.
It's the big difference, in Cyberpunk, you can easily spend more than 30-40h in the game without problem (it's not empty at all). Like for me, all my playthrough are longer than 100Hrs (my last in 1.23, 190hrs...). In NMS day one, except "visit" planet/system, it was empty like a black hole (for stay in the theme)

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any point in reading this kind of article about something that seems obvious, to me at least... o_O
Because the patch is normally scheduled for the end of 2021, so it could be December 31st... And unfortunately, if it's not ready it will obviously be delayed.

So for me, it's also interesting than an article like :
"The next BMW will most likely have four wheels and an engine... but nothing is actually confirmed by the manufacturer"
Could have 3 wheels and windmills for engine, but what do I know. :ROFLMAO:

This is from the Q&A on the H1 financial statement. The first question from one of the institutional investors was something along the lines of "What assurances can you give that it won't be delayed until 2022" the response was "Given everything we've learnered in that last year we can't make those kind of assurances but it is targeted for late 2021"

I'm paraphrasing, but it's here last slide about 20 mins in to presentation https://www.webcast-eqs.com/cdprojekt20210826

IMHO the article in the OP needs to provide this context
If they did that how would they get their clicks?

I'm so glad that they don't give out dates and details anymore about all the things they are doing. I never understood why are people so obsessed with future timelines and information about upcoming things. Live in the present, not in the future.

Also I thought that articles should add some value for the reader but this is like saying I'm supposed to go to work in december but I can't guarantee it, nevertheless it is still my intention. Of course they can't guarantee it. After everything that has happened, why would they even?

Dont play games at launch. Its just odd why players dont get it. Game industry wasnt meant to be like that anyway. They went with high prices to get good direction for the industry. If players are willing to pay high price, it must be something good.

You cant really blame game industry, theres literally million and one ways to design games. Its not like tvseries or movies, well music is diverse, but even they have "popular" things.

Last edited:
Interestingly, CDPR's development efficiency has become very inefficient over the last few years, and in the last six months we have gotten some performance improvements, some bug fixes and some DLC, but the actual game experience has not improved, gameplay, enemy and NPC AI, story and cut content have not improved. CDPR has to recognize this, their whole approach to game development is backward, both in terms of technology and game design or management, CDPR must change or be eliminated from the market.

This is from the Q&A on the H1 financial statement. The first question from one of the institutional investors was something along the lines of "What assurances can you give that it won't be delayed until 2022" the response was "Given everything we've learnered in that last year we can't make those kind of assurances but it is targeted for late 2021"

I'm paraphrasing, but it's here last slide about 20 mins in to presentation https://www.webcast-eqs.com/cdprojekt20210826

IMHO the article in the OP needs to provide this context
But it's written in the article.

Literally:
"“The target is to release the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 late this year,” he said. “At the same time, keeping in mind the lessons we have learned during the past year and taking into account that this project still remains in development, we can’t say with full certainty that the production schedule will not change.”"

Last edited:
You can hate me all you want, I have massive respect for CDPR. They can take as long as they like. Cyberpunk has become one of my favourite games and probably will be for years to come.
No hate at all! ;) that's really good for you :). Sadly for me CP2077 is (my) biggest disappointment in gaming history, together with gothic 3, unless they work miracles with next patches and expansions (...and restore the pre 1.1 graphics on PC). But until today my trust, patch after patch, lie under the soles of my shoes...

Last edited:
But it's written in the article.

Literally:
"“The target is to release the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 late this year,” he said. “At the same time, keeping in mind the lessons we have learned during the past year and taking into account that this project still remains in development, we can’t say with full certainty that the production schedule will not change.”"
The context is important, the article makes it sound like an unsolicited statement during the financial report. Which it wasn't, it was a caveat response to a very direct and specific question.

My point was if CDPR had felt the need to include it.... then a delay is likely. But they didn't and they said they are on schedule but they can't make "assurances" which is very different.

Funnily enough an investor in the call mentioned getting confused by that! CDPR specifically mentioned in this call that DLC and Expansions are two different things. When they're talking about "We're gonna announce or release DLC" you should expect something like "a skin, a new jacket or another colour of your hair" and when they talk about expansions you should expect "something like Blood and wine and Hearts of Stone".

So don't get them twisted :p
Maybe its just me, but only a total nitwit would be this oblivious.

Top Bottom