CD Projekt has said it can’t guarantee that Cyberpunk 2077’s new-gen console versions will make it out this year as planned, though it’s still targeti

+
The context is important, the article makes it sound like an unsolicited statement during the financial report. Which it wasn't, it was a caveat response to a very direct and specific question.

My point was if CDPR had felt the need to include it.... then a delay is likely. But they didn't and they said they are on schedule but they can't make "assurances" which is very different.
I honestly didn't think about that so much, I only got the info that CDPR are not 100% sure they can release next gen patches for Witcher and cyberpunk by the end of the year. Which seems to be the point of the news to me. Reading through the lines, they seem more optimistic for the Witcher but maybe it's me. That being said, I'd find extremely ridiculous if one or both are delayed to 2022, but again, it's me. And my goddamn PS5 that can't run a game with acceptable graphics and performance.

To address the off topic of DLC Vs expansion, it seems like the whole situation is becoming more like a problem than a good thing because people are expecting too much. Surely CDPR has stated that we'll get same stuff as Witcher 3, but the fact that expansions are literally DLC in common knowledge, is not helping less informed people to understand the difference CDPR is claiming. While it has worked so far since people like the idea of having stuff for free, some people are now realising that reality doesn't match their expectations. Surely free stuff is appreciated, but do we actually need a free red jacket 9 months after release? I don't know, and to be honest I don't really care :LOL:

Last edited:
That was kind of my point, they sounded confident that it was on track for this year but the investor was asking if they could promise it, which they wouldn't do because of all the issues they've had..... Which seems fair enough. Much rather they were actually back to "when it's ready" and meaning it....

Okay, so if we're really unlucky, we'll have to wait more than a year for the next-gen version? This is just utterly ridiculous. As far as I remember from the sad excuse for a timline, expansions were planned for after the next-gen release, so Q1 next year for the first one if we're lucky?
What are they going to do in the months in-between? Is there any reason for me to go back to this game in the meantime? The cosmetic DLCs aren't going to cut it.
I know what I'll be doing early next year, I will be playing Elden Ring. No idea what I'm going to play in the meantime, though, anyone know of any RPGs/action games with a good story coming out on console this fall?

Guest 3847602

Surely CDPR has stated that we'll get same stuff as Witcher 3, but the fact that expansions are literally DLC in common knowledge, is not helping less informed people to understand the difference CDPR is claiming. While it has worked so far since people like the idea of having stuff for free, some people are now realising that reality doesn't match their expectations.
There's never been one instance where they've talked about CP2077 free DLC program and not allude to TW3 DLCs.
People always had wildest expectations about this game regardless of what CDPR have been saying. When they were announcing removal of train system or purchasing apartments you had people consoling each other with: "It's no big deal, they're surely bringing it back as a free DLC". Same with CDPR dismissing the possibility of TPP or joining gangs - "It doesn't matter what they're saying, they'll give us everything we want as a DLC". :facepalm:
That's pretty much the entire reason for over-the-top reaction to something was known for a very long time.

If they manage to release it this year, there's no way they will do it before the second half of December. And not surprised about the delay at all, Cyberpunk still doesn't look like a properly polished game that should've been released, they still have plenty of stuff to work on, which likely slows down a progress for the next gen version.

Let's not forget the new gen version will basically be 1.0 again. Then add a year worth of bugfixes onto it and we are in for a long journey.

There's never been one instance where they've talked about CP2077 free DLC program and not allude to TW3 DLCs.
People always had wildest expectations about this game regardless of what CDPR have been saying. When they were announcing removal of train system or purchasing apartments you had people consoling each other with: "It's no big deal, they're surely bringing it back as a free DLC". Same with CDPR dismissing the possibility of TPP or joining gangs - "It doesn't matter what they're saying, they'll give us everything we want as a DLC". :facepalm:
That's pretty much the entire reason for over-the-top reaction to something was known for a very long time.
I know, but that's not how mass communication works.
Post automatically merged:

Let's not forget the new gen version will basically be 1.0 again. Then add a year worth of bugfixes onto it and we are in for a long journey.
No way, it's the last version with improved graphics, similar to pc version. Surely there will be some new graphical glitches but no way it's 1.0. not that 1.3 is a clean peace of cake, but better than 1.0 for sure. Well, graphics apart, there has been done signicant graphical downgrade (at least on consoles) since December.

I have no idea how this comes as a surprise to anyone.

The game released 9 months ago and it's still not what it should've been had they stuck to "when it's ready". Don't get me wrong, had the game released in the state it currently is with patch 1.3 it would've been far more acceptable. Yet, we aren't looking at a polished product at this point in time.

The game was, at the very least, released 9 months too early. The original plan for the next-gen patch was this summer if I remember correctly. Everyone should really expect it to be pushed back significantly. I would be extremely surprised if they did release it before 2022.

Also, people need to temper their expectations about this next-gen upgrade. Especially people on PC who expect it to be some massive graphical overhaul on PC. Chances are it'll be mostly aimed at next-gen consoles with very little effect on PC. It's not going to be some game changer that some people seem to expect it, or at least want it, to be.

I have no idea how this comes as a surprise to anyone.

The game released 9 months ago and it's still not what it should've been had they stuck to "when it's ready". Don't get me wrong, had the game released in the state it currently is with patch 1.3 it would've been far more acceptable. Yet, we aren't looking at a polished product at this point in time.

The game was, at the very least, released 9 months too early. The original plan for the next-gen patch was this summer if I remember correctly. Everyone should really expect it to be pushed back significantly. I would be extremely surprised if they did release it before 2022.

Also, people need to temper their expectations about this next-gen upgrade. Especially people on PC who expect it to be some massive graphical overhaul on PC. Chances are it'll be mostly aimed at next-gen consoles with very little effect on PC. It's not going to be some game changer that some people seem to expect it, or at least want it, to be.
Yeah, I'll never understand why people think the next gen consoles patch should affect the pc version. There are no next gen PCs, if you have a 3080 the game looks already better than what it'll ever be on PS5 or series X. And if you have a 1080, there's no way it'll improve.

if they set a date i kinda expect they have thought about it before hand.
You would think so, but here we are with what we have. They thought a lot of things. They seemed to think they could just slide by with releasing a broken game, then proceed to work on the next-gen Witcher upgrade, a stand alone Cyberpunk online game, Cyberpunk DLC expansions, and the next Witcher game simultaneously with no problems.

If the Next-Gen patch is delayed like in January/february, yes it's in 2022 but it's not in "one year" :rolleyes:
Yes, actually it's gonna be more than a year since CP2077 originally launched in December 2020. More than one year next-gen owners and owners of highend PCs had to contend themselves with the same version as the owners of a 7-8 year old console. Given that in December 2020 I also was one of the base PS4 owners, I'm happy that I had the opportunity to play the game at all, but so many older PS4 and Xboxone games have gotten a next-gen update in the meantime that it really feels as if CDPR are badly lagging behind.

If CDPR is seriously still trying to get the next gen versions out during 2021 I think they are making another massive mistake.

That said, some transparency on what they are working on and what kind of progress they are making would be much more beneficial to shareholders and consumers than vague roadmaps or guesstimates.

Yes, actually it's gonna be more than a year since CP2077 originally launched in December 2020. More than one year next-gen owners and owners of highend PCs had to contend themselves with the same version as the owners of a 7-8 year old console. Given that in December 2020 I also was one of the base PS4 owners, I'm happy that I had the opportunity to play the game at all, but so many older PS4 and Xboxone games have gotten a next-gen update in the meantime that it really feels as if CDPR are badly lagging behind.
Yep but in my case, on Serie X, for other games :
- Either the "next-gen" update is not really a next gen update (a low-end update, simply to display the logo "Optimized for Series S/X"). I didn't noticed any real difference between my Series X and my XB1x... (or simply the FPS but it's already the case with Cyberpunk and all game "retro-compatible" with FPS Boost)
- Either the game was released years ago and graphics are not "better" than Cyberpunk at all... Except maybe Metro Exodus who use RTX, but that's all in my case (BD3, Subnautica, Metro Exodus, GreedFall, Shadow of the Tomb Rider, Yakuza LAD, AC Odyssey...).
So no, I really don't think CDPR is lagging behind...

Last edited:
More than one year next-gen owners and owners of highend PCs had to contend themselves with the same version as the owners of a 7-8 year old console.
That's exactly the kind of thinking that will lead to so many being disappointed in the next-gen patch.

No, PC users didn't get the same version as the owners of an 8 years old console. Even before I upgraded a few weeks ago, on my now ''old'' 1080Ti (with accompanying 4 years old top of the line (back-then) components) I had a much better looking game than any PS or Xbox player. I still would in fact. Plus, it runs better.

Just upgraded to the most recent hardware available and now I get to experience the ''next-gen'' graphical capacities of this game.

Console users will *maybe* get the same level of graphical fidelity as I do on the newest consoles when the next-gen patch drops but they sure as heck won't get the performance I do. We PC players will most probably get very minor graphical upgrades if any and no one will get new ''next-gen'' systems or whatever people are wishing for through that patch exclusively. It will be aimed mostly, if not entirely, at making the most of next-gen consoles' graphical capacities period.

People need to seriously lower their expectations of this patch.

Yeah, I'll never understand why people think the next gen consoles patch should affect the pc version. There are no next gen PCs, if you have a 3080 the game looks already better than what it'll ever be on PS5 or series X. And if you have a 1080, there's no way it'll improve.
I doubt that. Graphical downgrades on PC have been said to be caused by last gen console adaptations so I assume we will at least get back to initial graphical fidelity once next gen update drops.
I hope at least..

We PC players will most probably get very minor graphical upgrades if any and no one will get new ''next-gen'' systems or whatever people are wishing for through that patch exclusively. It will be aimed mostly, if not entirely, at making the most of next-gen consoles' graphical capacities period.
In my case, rather than a "total" improvement for PCs, I think it could be more as "add more graphic settings" :)
Like a slider to increase LOD if your PC is able to handle it (something that on consoles who you have no control at all).

Paraphrased - this product remains in development.

No kidding? I didn't notice. (/sarc off)

NextGen -I expect this to be a parallel to a certain large software entertainment product that just finally launched on console after a year on PC. (you know who this is if you follow PC games). That experience is eye-opening because PC gamers feel (and are justified to a certain extent) that the PC experience is downgraded to fit the same exact base code onto console. While CP2077 doesn't have as large a reliance on Cloud Services, you will see impacts (and complaints) regarding expectation and reality of Next Gen implementation when it goes live.

CDPR management's comments during the Investor Call says between the lines "We're going to try and make that timeline that we committed to earlier, but it may not happen." Finally saying it's "in development" puts paid to any ideas that this was in even an Minimum Viable Product when it launched. It wasn't. The Backlog is probably enormous, and Next Gen means all hands on deck which leaves little capacity to work on anything that either enhances (DLC) or expands base game. Figure another year easily, maybe more, before something substantive happens to move the game content forward.

About the DLC discussion I really don't get it either. Not only as many of you said did CDPR always compared it to the TW3's but we've been getting some statements from devs that alongside the dlc and expansions in this witcher 3 format there will be changes to some gameplay features/QoL. I believe these kinds of changes are the most antecipated by most players. I'm certainly in that department. Should it matter if these are bundled in the DLC package? If they had promoted this first dlc as including the optic camo, the Maxtac outfit, all jacket variants, a new alternative ending,... would it have been more apreciated?
I'm still hoping for many changes where the game felt-short (not story-wise, the possibility for more branching story moments has passed for this entry of CP I believe but there is much they can improve on the open world elements to improve the game. Not to turn it into GTA but to make this specific world more alive. If it comes in DLC, patches or whatever else is the same to me.

Top Bottom