CD Projekt has said it can’t guarantee that Cyberpunk 2077’s new-gen console versions will make it out this year as planned, though it’s still targeti

+
I have no idea how this comes as a surprise to anyone.

The game released 9 months ago and it's still not what it should've been had they stuck to "when it's ready". Don't get me wrong, had the game released in the state it currently is with patch 1.3 it would've been far more acceptable. Yet, we aren't looking at a polished product at this point in time.

The game was, at the very least, released 9 months too early. The original plan for the next-gen patch was this summer if I remember correctly. Everyone should really expect it to be pushed back significantly. I would be extremely surprised if they did release it before 2022.

Also, people need to temper their expectations about this next-gen upgrade. Especially people on PC who expect it to be some massive graphical overhaul on PC. Chances are it'll be mostly aimed at next-gen consoles with very little effect on PC. It's not going to be some game changer that some people seem to expect it, or at least want it, to be.
It never fails to surprise how the expectations seem to get blown out of proportion, true enough.
If I recall correctly the game was developed with intend for usage on PC and CDPR understimated the difference between PC and PS4/XB1 era.
The game exists basically in the PC-version, temporarily (I hope for PC users) downgraded to make PS4 work. Whenever this next-gen upate comes, it'll most likely be splitted into the PS4/XB1 version and the PC/PS5/XS1 version and mostly like will go back to what the original PC version looked like when it came out.
Which, if you ask me, it not a bad look by any means.

I agree however fully with your assessment and also think the entire next-gen update wont be here this year, and maybe only arrive halfway next year. I won't be surprised in the slightest looking back over the past 9 months.

I do have the faith they'll get it done, but people seriously need to get a grip on time and patience. (and yes, I know that is difficult)

I doubt that. Graphical downgrades on PC have been said to be caused by last gen console adaptations so I assume we will at least get back to initial graphical fidelity once next gen update drops.
I hope at least..
For graphics, yes, for bugs and crashes, same as 1.0... please no, I don't want to even consider it a possibility. If after next gen patch the game doesn't improve but instead goes back to that disaster... God, CDPR should start doing pachinko like konami and leave programming alone :LOL:

Well good.

I'm quite happy for CDPR to not make any promises about release dates or even release windows. I'm equally happy for them to not imply anything that looks on any reasonable basis like a promise, only to have a few people later scream "what promise, I didn't see a promise, there was no promise ...", because the company only said that it was doing something, not that it "promised" it was doing something.

It's ready when it's ready works great for me. I'm excited about getting a less-curtailed version for PC. But I don't want it until it's ready to go.

As it was said a b.... trillion times before, CDPR should stop making any kind of announcements before they're 110% sure it's coming on the date. It pisses everyone to no end.

"CD PROJEKT HAS SAID IT CAN’T GUARANTEE THAT CYBERPUNK 2077’S NEW-GEN CONSOLE VERSIONS WILL MAKE IT OUT THIS YEAR AS PLANNED, THOUGH IT’S STILL TARGETI"

Better to take your time and get it right the first time, than to rush it, trying to meet some deadline, and have to apologize because it crashes.

On a side note, would highly recommend CDPR and frankly the entire gaming industry around the world, to squawk a signal or two towards Microsoft and especially Sony, about them not setting the stage too high for games to run on their systems. After all, games have proven countless of times they can run perfectly fine with hundreds of mods even, on PCs, varying from low to high-end, bad and good connections, slow and fast, all around the world.

Just because they hold some of the biggest player-bases around the world, doesn't mean they can place such uncanny demands for devs to have their IP run on their systems. After all, their systems seem just as susceptible as the PC.

Bout time especially Sony should ask themselves who they actually wanna protect; Their customers, or themselves.

Well good.

I'm quite happy for CDPR to not make any promises about release dates or even release windows. I'm equally happy for them to not imply anything that looks on any reasonable basis like a promise, only to have a few people later scream "what promise, I didn't see a promise, there was no promise ...", because the company only said that it was doing something, not that it "promised" it was doing something.

It's ready when it's ready works great for me. I'm excited about getting a less-curtailed version for PC. But I don't want it until it's ready to go.

I remember my old EverQuest days and asking SOE "when is the expansion coming out?" Their go to response was always "Soon". Even when soon meant 6 months later or more :ROFLMAO:

I wish the next-gen version was complete including cut content from the original game!!!

Hostilities are not welcome. Posts deleted.
Please find another place for blatant ill-wishing; it's neither kind nor respectful and therefore not acceptable here. Also, very much off-topic.

It never fails to surprise how the expectations seem to get blown out of proportion, true enough.
If I recall correctly the game was developed with intend for usage on PC and CDPR understimated the difference between PC and PS4/XB1 era.
The game exists basically in the PC-version, temporarily (I hope for PC users) downgraded to make PS4 work. Whenever this next-gen upate comes, it'll most likely be splitted into the PS4/XB1 version and the PC/PS5/XS1 version and mostly like will go back to what the original PC version looked like when it came out.
Which, if you ask me, it not a bad look by any means.
Unless I've missed something the "next gen update" is for new consoles. In other words, there is a PC version of the game and a console version. The new consoles use the same console version via backwards compatibility. The next gen console update intends to offer an updated version for those new consoles to leverage their new functionality.

As an owner of the PC game version I expect to get exactly zero out of the next gen console update.
As it was said a b.... trillion times before, CDPR should stop making any kind of announcements before they're 110% sure it's coming on the date. It pisses everyone to no end.
The solution to bad communication shouldn't be to stop communicating. It should be to improve the communication. On a positive note, articulating set goals, the intended date to deliver those goals and emphasizing there are no assurances is a good way to communicate.

Unless I've missed something the "next gen update" is for new consoles. In other words, there is a PC version of the game and a console version. The new consoles use the same console version via backwards compatibility. The next gen console update intends to offer an updated version for those new consoles to leverage their new functionality.

As an owner of the PC game version I expect to get exactly zero out of the next gen console update.
Perhaps we are saying the same thing but in a different way. What I understood is that up to now there has always been just one version of the game THÉ game version, which was designed with PC usage in mind, and would be implemented also on consoles. But PS4/XB1 said on occasion 'no', or died trying. --> ie they were overstrained trying to run it.
So to increase performance they downgraded the game incrementally, at so I have seen via posts on these forums.
And I think they are going to 'clone' the game and then restore either which one to its initial status it had on launch to regain the original PC high quality assets etc.
In essence you as a PCgame owner should ideally not be affected indeed, in the sense of getting any new update or anything.

Note, I'm not entirely sure how they may have some subtree level where the game has certain splits between identifying for console and pc. But I hope I was able to clarify a bit in how I view what the next gen 'update' means.

Perhaps we are saying the same thing but in a different way. What I understood is that up to now there has always been just one version of the game THÉ game version, which was designed with PC usage in mind, and would be implemented also on consoles. But PS4/XB1 said on occasion 'no', or died trying. --> ie they were overstrained trying to run it.
So to increase performance they downgraded the game incrementally, at so I have seen via posts on these forums.
And I think they are going to 'clone' the game and then restore either which one to its initial status it had on launch to regain the original PC high quality assets etc.
In essence you as a PCgame owner should ideally not be affected indeed, in the sense of getting any new update or anything.

Note, I'm not entirely sure how they may have some subtree level where the game has certain splits between identifying for console and pc. But I hope I was able to clarify a bit in how I view what the next gen 'update' means.
I'd certainly like confirmation if the next gen update will affect PC's or not to manage my expectiations. I did ask in Pawels stream and got told it wouldn't but I didn't recognize the person who was answering as any authority.

On a side note, would highly recommend CDPR and frankly the entire gaming industry around the world, to squawk a signal or two towards Microsoft and especially Sony, about them not setting the stage too high for games to run on their systems.
I actually hope they start demanding more polished games instead. I've had enough of being tricked by greedy software houses that sell early access games at full price. You want the full price? You sell a finished game. It's crazy how games were fine when patches didn't exist and now we have to be careful because the risk of buying a broken game is very high.
Post automatically merged:

I'd certainly like confirmation if the next gen update will affect PC's or not to manage my expectiations. I did ask in Pawels stream and got told it wouldn't but I didn't recognize the person who was answering as any authority.
The dev clearly told you no, so it's obviously (and predictably) a no. Do you need the CEO himself to tell you that the next gen consoles patch is for next gen consoles? I mean, guys...

I actually hope they start demanding more polished games instead. I've had enough of being tricked by greedy software houses that sell early access games at full price. You want the full price? You sell a finished game. It's crazy how games were fine when patches didn't exist and now we have to be careful because the risk of buying a broken game is very high.
For console i cannot comment, but for PC... we are talking about games made before 1999 early 2000s I guess? GTA III needed a patch for bluescreen,save files and i don't remember what else at launch on PC and we better don't look at Troika games (which i have installed and running with 20 years of patches and still got crashes and glitches).

Maybe the game will have reach with the Next-Gen patch, the point, where CDPR could implement some specifications for each support.
Like I said, simply add more (a lot) graphics settings on PCs to push more futher the graphics. It seem to be not very much, but if you could increase all the graphics settings who are "fixed" now, the game will definitly look way better... If your PC can handle that.

One example : Of what I have seen, on Series X (XB1 version), the detailled textures of trees appear at the same distance than a PC version (there is no settings for that on PC). So I can imagine, if you have a good PC, you can double this distance easily. So the game will look better afterall.

What dev? The guy answering him was just a regular viewer.
I misunderstood.

For console i cannot comment, but for PC... we are talking about games made before 1999 early 2000s I guess? GTA III needed a patch for bluescreen,save files and i don't remember what else at launch on PC and we better don't look at Troika games (which i have installed and running with 20 years of patches and still got crashes and glitches).
No idea for pc, but for consoles until 2006-ish games were delivered when finished and 99% of the time were extremely polished. Exactly because once shipped there was no way to fix them with patches. The day one patch is just the way software houses hsve to sell a game before it's actually done.

I misunderstood.

No idea for pc, but for consoles until 2006-ish games were delivered when finished and 99% of the time were extremely polished. Exactly because once shipped there was no way to fix them with patches. The day one patch is just the way software houses hsve to sell a game before it's actually done.
Still 15 years, i would say that game complexity of a 2008 (put margin) game cannot be considered equal to a 2020 game in terms of complexity.Plus i think many console games before 2008 were platform exclusive?

Guest 3847602

At best, we might get pre-1.1 graphics on "ultra" settings. I'd be shocked if there's anything more substantial for PC users. Few years ago, CDPR released the patch with HDR support for consoles only.

Still 15 years, i would say that game complexity of a 2008 (put margin) game cannot be considered equal to a 2020 game in terms of complexity.Plus i think many console games before 2008 were platform exclusive?
I would say no one forces them to release unfinished games. Rdr2 was perfect at launch on consoles. Same for death stranding and the last God of war. I repeat: on consoles. Releasing broken games as a deliberate choice they make.

Top Bottom