CD Projekt New Franchise ...

+
CD Projekt New Franchise ...

... probably it will be game made from "The Hussite Trilogy"

Narrenturm (2002).
Warriors of God (Boży bojownicy, 2004).
Lux perpetua (2006).

As i love Sapkowski's Witcher saga and i love cd projekt witcher games ...The hussite trilogy is nowhere as good (thats my oppinion).Also i would like to see CD Projekt make own original franchise but oh well...maybe its easier and less risky to make game from book.

It isnt my delusions just moderator on CD Projekt site for investors write a bit too much.

Proof

"Maybe not at the level of the Board, but I will try to answer your question. During nearly a month ago advertised Management Strategy reported CD Projekt RED to start work on a second franchise. It is to be complementary to the Witcher game series and this is the overriding goal. That game series is not created from scratch, because it is based on a series of novels by Andrzej Sapkowski, which worked perfectly"

Google translated >.>

As i said earlier i would prefer CD Projekt let lose their imagination and make original franchise.The hussite trilogy is in my opinnion not worth to make game of it... >.>

This may be something that's different betweem Polish and English, but

"That game series is not created from scratch, because it is based on a series of novels by Andrzej Sapkowski, which worked perfectly"

is unclear about whether they're talking about the new franchise, or the existing Witcher games, but it feels more as though it's talking about the Witcher, mainly because "...which worked perfectly" is past tense?

In the Polish original, is it also in the past tense?

As a native Polish speaker I will try to clear things out before they get out of hand :)

The sentence "That game series is not created from scratch, because it is based on a series of novels by Andrzej Sapkowski, which worked perfectly" relates NOT to the new franchise, but to the Witcher series.

The context here is important, as the question is about buying rights to IP instead of creating it from scratch and the asnwer relates to that in particular; it gives an example of creating a game based on already existing IP (Witcher novels) and that this approach works well, however CDPR studio concentrates rather on attracting people directly to them, not buying out other studios (except entering the mobile market, where they might consider such transaction).

As I understand this - NO, the new series will not be based on another Sapkowski's books.

Let' stay calm and do not spread rumours ;)

Im a native polish speaker also and IT is about new second franchise...

Gregski look at it one more time.

Podczas ogłaszanej prawie miesiąc temu strategii Zarząd CD Projekt RED informował o rozpoczęciu prac nad drugą franczyzą. Ma ona być komplementarna do serii gier o Wiedźminie i to jest cel nadrzędny. Wspomniana seria gier nie jest tworzona od zera, bo jest oparta o cykl powieści Andrzeja Sapkowskiego, co się doskonale sprawdziło.

"That game series(that part should be translater as "above mentioned game series" - second franchise ) is not created from scratch, because it is based on a series of novels by Andrzej Sapkowski" this part isnt in past tense , but this is "...which worked perfectly"

Thread started about STALKER IP , so do you think gregski that above mentioned series that is based on sapkowski novels is STALKER???

Read again as i said :)

Forgive me my bad english but for god sake in polish its not like you descibed Gregski unless you just looked fast past lines missing a couple words ...sometimes reading to fast isnt too good...

Reod said:
Im a native polish speaker also and IT is about new second franchise...

Gregski look at it one more time.

Podczas ogłaszanej prawie miesiąc temu strategii Zarząd CD Projekt RED informował o rozpoczęciu prac nad drugą franczyzą. Ma ona być komplementarna do serii gier o Wiedźminie i to jest cel nadrzędny. Wspomniana seria gier nie jest tworzona od zera, bo jest oparta o cykl powieści Andrzeja Sapkowskiego, co się doskonale sprawdziło.

"That game series is not created from scratch, because it is based on a series of novels by Andrzej Sapkowski" this part isnt in past tense , but this is "...which worked perfectly"

Umm, we're gonna argue about Polish grammar on the English version of the forum? Interesting :)

He cannot be speaking about the new franchise because it's not A SERIES yet and we don't know if it will ever be. Only SERIES they are talking about is The Witcher series as it consists of 2 games already. So when they relate to "game series that is not created from scratch, because it is based on a series of novels by Andrzej Sapkowski" - they relate to The Witcher game. It's in the present tense because The Witcher series is still being created.

I'll put it as simple as I can, so our fellow non-polish speaking members get the context right and don't get caught up in this rumour. I'll put it in colours so the context is more visible:

Question (from an investor): "Does CDR in general takes into account the purchase already have envisaged the brand, whether you prefer to create their titles from "zero"?

Answer: "During nearly a month ago advertised Management Strategy reported CD Projekt RED to start work on a second franchise. It (THE SECOND FRANCHISE - my comment) is to be complementary to the Witcher game series and this is the overriding goal. That game series is not created from scratch, because it is based on a series of novels by Andrzej Sapkowski, which worked perfectly"

I need to eat my words :D tho im happy im wrong and it wont be made from "The Hussite Trilogy" (i hope).

So Gregski i apologise you and i wish you best in this new year and as well other witcher fans ... ^.^

It's a matter of context I guess. Plus Polish is 2nd or 3rd most difficult language in the world, so yeah, it can be tricky ;)

@ Reod: no problem mate, glad we cleared this thing up, best wishes to you too ;)

After reading your excerpts in polish I believe you are both right: a new franchise is schedulded but not necessarily based on Sapkowski's novels...

szczesliwego nowego roku !
Happy new year !
;)

Dona said:
Oooh Gregski, brilliant use of orange. Very stylish ;)

Umm, sorry if I offended your soul of an artist ;) I admit I just suck at anything related to colours, shapes, painting, drawing etc :|

I love oranges though ;)

slimgrin said:
I'm holding out hope for sci fi.
I'm quitting if it's sci-fi! COUNTER-OPINION!

@Gregski
Noooo, not offended! Orange is pretty and I just think it's great you used Witcher Orange® to explain where the OP was talking about, well, Witcher.

Dona said:
@Gregski
Noooo, not offended! Orange is pretty and I just think it's great you used Witcher Orange® to explain where the OP was talking about, well, Witcher.

Phew, what a relief! :) But then you see, I didn't even know what was the context of the color I used :)

gregski said:
I admit I just suck at anything related to colours, shapes, painting, drawing etc :|

I love oranges though ;)

I recommend this: http://fmcc.ania.cc/ (Polish and English version).

I heard somewhere it will be Neuroshima, but dunno if that's true. Btw Neuroshima is fun rpg.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroshima

Top Bottom