CD PROJEKT RED and R.TALSORIAN GAMES Announce The Witcher Role-Playing Game

+
CD PROJEKT RED and R.TALSORIAN GAMES Announce The Witcher Role-Playing Game

Together with R.Talsorian Games, makers of the hit pen and paper role-playing system Cyberpunk 2020, we are pleased to announce an agreement to develop The Witcher Role-Playing Game -- the go-to tabletop Witcher experience for pen and paper RPG enthusiasts.

The Witcher Role-Playing Game will allow tabletop RPG fans to re-create an array of characters known from the Witcher universe and live out entirely new adventures set within the world of Geralt of Rivia. Powered by Fuzion, the same ruleset that made Cyberpunk 2020 gain worldwide player acclaim, The Witcher Role-Playing Game will feature a myriad of spells, rituals, and curses; favorite gear and items from the entire Witcher series including a bestiary of devilish monsters players can face during their adventures. The system will provide all the necessary tools to create and play out your own adventures and become everything from a battle-hardened monster slayer to a merchant kingpin controlling a vast network of contacts.

The Witcher Role-Playing Game is currently slated for a mid 2016 release. More information about the system, price and availability will be provided at a later point in time.

This is great :) And if you do that, you can make an on-line RPG in the Witcher universe too. And the naysayers shouldn't complain ;D

Well well well...I still have unpublished version of Wiedzmin gra Wyobraźni 2nd edition rules and mechanics on my pc :) Since i worked on this project years ago i will be fun to see another take on Pen and Paper Witcher ;)

Hm. I barely have enough time to run my Cyberpunk/Delta Green game right now. CURSE YOU CDPTALSORIAN. CURSE YOUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

As for what this is all about, it's about actual Role-Playing. A game where you generate a character, that has one life, you build that character's Lifepath until game start, including friends and enemies, lovers, rivals and successes, equip said character as best you can and set off on a voyage of imagination, narrated by your fellow players and your Gamemaster.

As you play your character, you try to think as they would, act as they would, and react as they would. Eventually, your alter ego will develop an entire set of mental and emotional reflexes influenced by, but distinct from, your own.

You'll also do some cool stuff - fight the bad guys, or the good guys, triumph over adversity, supprt or even betray your team, probably die.

Role Playing Games. They are a lot of fun!

R.tal makes some brutal game systems, though. Death is very easy to come by, unless your GM allows you to cheese it and ignores the multiple penalties provided for same.

A character playing Cyberpunk for a year, who doesn't have cyberarmour, can easily die from a knife stab to the head or neck. And die a half minute later from a knife stab to the torso via blood loss. HIt points stay the same, you see, regardless of experience.

So we'll see what approach R.Tal takes to the Witcher systems.

A character playing Cyberpunk for a year, who doesn't have cyberarmour, can easily die from a knife stab to the head or neck. And die a half minute later from a knife stab to the torso via blood loss. HIt points stay the same, you see, regardless of experience.

Even well prepared can fall at the whim of GM.

A classic RPG anecdote. One member of the party has a dream that they meet a fire breathing dog on a narrow passage. They put fire protection spell on the fighter and send him forward when they reach that passage. And indeed, they meet... five fire breathing dogs ;D

Top Bottom