CD PROJEKT RED and R.TALSORIAN GAMES Announce The Witcher Role-Playing Game

+
Kids understand PnP as Plug and Play. Pen and paper means crayons and a colorbook.

They could sell the physical Gwent card set with this as an enhanced edition.
:smiling2:

Thanks mate... honestly I'm only familiar to D&D (all its iterations and permutation) ;) So... I render myself a bit ignorant in this :D

This has all the ingredients of great news all over. :cheers4:
I personally couldnt get much into the Witcher card adventure game, though I DID trry it.
It really had a criptic/hard to get around feel to it, imho.

THIS however, could be the game to return to PNP for me . :p

Last edited:
I'm going to look forward to this. I generally like R.Talsorians games

(like Cyberpunk *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge* CDPR).

I'm only familiar with D&D (which I hated), Runequest (1990s version), and Twilight 2000... how does this ruleset compare?

I liked RQ & TW2k as they encouraged roleplaying, rather than just attempting to kill everything/everyone, and characters got skilled but not invincible. Fighting was risky, and you really needed to have a reason to escalate to lethal force ~ characters died or became incapacitated quickly if they tried to fight too often, too soon and without picking their fights.

Great news! Hope it's going to be better than the tabletop game, which is mediocre at best.

Nice announcement, but Fuzion is quite meh for newbies :/

They should have homemade something really really easy to play, like using 2d6.
Everybody can read 2d6. Everybody have d6 at home.

Fuzion is the only thing that I dislike in CP rpg. I can't stand Basic too, but for Cthulhu... I can't stand d20 aswell. I really dislike those oldies.
My prefered systems in err 26 year of PnP rpg is a french generic one called SimulacreS, which stopped to be distributed in something like 96.

In its most basic form, it was compact (character creation is 3 minutes if you're trained - 15 if not) and maybe the most realistic system I've ever seen... Really magnificient gem of a system.

15 minutes character creation means you can kill your character and go back in the same session. That is great. Combat is epic if the GM wants it to be ("Epic" means nothing, really. Just implement a "life" system like a 3-life system in a video game, allow exploits and you've got your epicness) or really realistic (guns kills). Realistics systems are nice in gritty universes, like Cthuhu for exemple. "Epic Cthulhu" woud be stupid.

Last edited:
So has anything new been announced for this? From the initial announcement, I gathered that it would be released around this next July. Nothing official.

I think there's some confusion here - this is about a physical pen-and-paper game, not a computer game.

No confusion whatsoever. I know the difference between a cRPG and p&p RPG. Still, an "open beta" to check that the rules make sense is not a bad idea. Most pen and paper games (see D&D 5e) did have a beta.

No confusion whatsoever. I know the difference between a cRPG and p&p RPG. Still, an "open beta" to check that the rules make sense is not a bad idea. Most pen and paper games (see D&D 5e) did have a beta.

Oh ok, the confusion was on my side, then :p

I don't think anything's been said about a beta. I know @Sardukhar is more familiar with R. TALSORIAN as a whole, so maybe he can say if they've done anything similar to what you're referring to in the past.

Last edited:
Hi, do you know if there is any chance to get the Witcher RPG in any other language than english ?
No, I'm not thinking about polish... :p
Just to indicate that in France there are also pnp players interested into this universe !

Im in for anything regarding witcher PnP RPG

---------- Post merged on 03-02-2016 at 05:25 AM ----------

i hope they create their own system based on d10 or d20 system :3
If so, i can help with the potion, bombs, oils and consumable rules (i actualy made my owns for my Pathfinder housemade campaign)

Oh ok, the confusion was on my side, then :p.

No worries... Should have added a smiley to indicate there was no offence taken! ^_~

I don't think anything's been said about a beta. I know @Sardukhar is more familiar with R. TALSORIAN as a whole, so maybe he can say if they've done anything similar to what you're referring to in the past.

I saw his reply and it seem to still be unknown...

---------- Updated at 08:13 AM ----------

I hope they create their own system based on d10 or d20 system :3

The game is to be powered by Fuzion according to the announcement.

If this upcoming "The Witcher Role Playing Game" done between R. Talsorian Games and CDProjekt Red is successful, I wonder if we would eventually see new editions done between those two companies about other old franchises of R. Talsorian Games. It would be amazing to see a future new edition of "Castle Falkenstein" (a steam-punk themed fantasy RPG) and, let's hope, a computer game based on that setting! Or "Mekton Z"...

Last edited:
No worries... Should have added a smiley to indicate there was no offence taken! ^_~

I saw his reply and it seem to still be unknown...

---------- Updated at 08:13 AM ----------

The game is to be powered by Fuzion according to the announcement.

Damn!! im kind of sad here... in one hand i love the idea about playing a pnp witcher game, but i only knows (and have time for) 2 systems: d10 (white wolf) and d20 (pathfinder or such)

I know pathfinder is childish, op, broken and somehow boring with all those feat dependency... kind of lame btw (but d20 is a solid system at all)
and d10 white wolf are being dead from some years ago... i dont want to relearn a whole game system, teaching it to my table and having my life with my wife and daughter, work and things as such... maybe i would skip this one :(

Top Bottom