CD PROJEKT RED and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at gamescom 2014 wrap up. New gameplay video released!

+
On the swimming issue: calling it heavy armour is a bit of a misnomer, he's wearing chain & leather, which is quite flexible and Geralt is very strong. I'm reminded of a massive stone wall in the British Museum (IIRC its Persian or maybe Assyrian), of a squad of armoured soldiers swimming underwater - with the aid of animal skin airbags - to assault a city docks.

I did a quick search for a picture, couldn't find it, but I have a picture myself somewhere...

Then of course theres the shark proof suit they use these days.... chainmail.

Last edited:
Simple, because - as far as I know - something like this hasn't been done by any other game developer before and I would have liked CD Projekt RED to be the first. The first developer having the balls to show an overweight, disfigured, grotesque woman topless. There's probably plenty of beautiful nudity in the game, so why not counter that with a little bit of ugly nudity?

It's definitely not about what floats my boat. I just appreciate variation.

This wouldn't be a first. I think that would have been the devourers in TW1

View attachment 5429
The devourers were just mindless creatures to be dispatched by Geralt though.
The 'Beekeeper Mask Witch' is an actual character with proper dialogue and a heavier gravitas (no pun intended), so I think @glutenfree has a point there.

And I agree, the nipple censoring might have happened just for being able to show the footage (which is magnificient, by the way) in the first place.

3. Why is the witch's breast covered? Was it femenist's request?

In the Witcher 1 there were a lot of naked characters (Dryad, a bruxa, an alp, Lady of the Lake, and a devourer), but in TW3 even a nereid was in a bra. And all the women in whorehouse were dressed.

View attachment 5444View attachment 5445View attachment 5446View attachment 5447View attachment 5448

Attachments

• Bestiary_Devourer_full.jpg
    Bestiary_Devourer_full.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 46
  • People_Lady_of_the_Lake_full.jpg
    People_Lady_of_the_Lake_full.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 32
  • Bestiary_Alp_full.jpg
    Bestiary_Alp_full.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Bestiary_Bruxa_full.jpg
    Bestiary_Bruxa_full.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2014-08-20_050107.jpg
    2014-08-20_050107.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 43
Eh, how many times it needs to be hammer in? Everytime you publicly show some footage via YouTube you need to follow those idiotic rules of american censorship, which basically means: guy cutting his ear off - fine, a nipple - blasphemy, it needs to be censored. Yes, it's dumb as hell, but there is nothing CDPR can do about it.
In actual game there will be nothing of this sort.

if you look hard enough you can see it has 4 legs

You sure? It's hard to be certain, but I think she's carrying a child. There's a slight hint of a face with some teeth in the middle of those rags. I could be imagining it though, there's no sign of a body.

In the Witcher 1 there were a lot of naked characters (Dryad, a bruxa, an alp, Lady of the Lake, and a devourer), but in TW3 even a nereid was in a bra. And all the women in whorehouse were dressed.

As pointed out several times already, exactly the same thing happened with the promo videos for the other games - covered in the promos, naked in the game. They have to do this if they want to show the videos to a wide audience.

Last edited:
That was very good CDPR, the game looks even better than i expected.
The game looks great and a good farewell for Geralt.

If all you want are nipples, here are some :

View attachment 5462

:p
Good catch, seems like the ESRB let this one slip by.

You sure? It's hard to be certain, but I think she's carrying a child. There's a slight hint of a face with some teeth in the middle of those rags. I could be imagining it though, there's no sign of a body.
Or it could be something else entirely, like a certain type of conjoined twins, namely that of a parisitic twin, for instance.

*picks jaw up off the floor*

Oh wowee! I'm speechless. That was the best damn thing ever! Watching that trying to imagin actually playing it, and i'm just gonna be so lost in that world.
The quality isn't the best, maybe because it's still a work in progress, it has frame rate issues, and doesn't look as sharp as it should. But the gameplay, the combat, the climbing, all looks very smooth and everything looks like it's just so easy to use. The sound is awesome. The environment amazing.
Not sure about the combat music though, as amazing as it is, it made me feel like it kicked in half-way through the fight, simply because that's when the signing started. Maybe just music would suit better. Or fast forward the track to start when the signing starts, so you feel the urgency from the start of the fight.

This game looks deep, dark, and more mature than W2. It feels gritty and menacing and mysterious. It actually feels ! It's gonna be awesome!

Not sure about the combat music though, as amazing as it is, it made me feel like it kicked in half-way through the fight, simply because that's when the signing started. Maybe just music would suit better. Or fast forward the track to start when the signing starts, so you feel the urgency from the start of the fight.

I think the music is perfect as it is, in longer fights, it can really build up the tension if the singing starts later :D

watch the video on gamersyde, u can watch it in 1080p with 60fps :)

You mean there are more of them somewhere?

You know, I'm actually more concerned about which kind of jewelry they made from the more private body parts.
It scares me, to be completely honest.

*picks jaw up off the floor*

*hug*

...because your username reminded me of the mouse hair line in the trailer.
It's just... that line is too cute ! And yes, I know it comes from the Polish hair color name.

Everyone should have mouse hair.

Last edited:
After rewatching the trailer, I must say that the quest line involving the three witches and that tree is quite good in its presentation. At first we see a tapestry of three beautiful women asking you to destroy a hideous beats which seems to have a genuine purpose regarding the children of Downwarren, but due to its ugly appearance might subconsciously lead you to distrust what it says. Yet when you kill the tree beast and return to the small village, the three women appear, being ugly creatures themselves with possibly more monstrous intentions, due to the ears around their neck.

Nothing revolutionary, but glad CDPR hasn't lost their touch in crafting quests like these.

Top Bottom