CD Projekt RED/Angry Joe

+
CD Projekt RED/Angry Joe

Angry Joe has been nothing but hugely supportive of the Witcher series, he was the very reason I myself got into the Witcher games, but now he is being blocked out because of an automatic copy right system flagging his videos on YouTube. I know a company like RED is busy making a massive game, but I also know you would support Joe in getting his content back. A simple email stating that any Witcher content he has already updated is OK with you, as Joe has always been 100% supportive thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfHdasuWtI

I don't like AJ; he's neither funny nor insightful. Regardless, Youtube and Google are full of shit, no doubt about that.

Time for another video site to rise
There's plenty. Vimeo for example.

It's not just Angry Joe everyone is getting flagged. I feel bad for those who live out of Youtube.

I hope game developers create some kind of coalition to help those guys fight Google. It's in their very interest.

Google was forced into this by the big media companies. The fault lies with whoever is primarily with those who registered these videos with Google's system, which means those who, genuinely or not, claim to own the copyright, and who are registering in such a way as to prevent fair use, which Angry Joe's videos are classified as.

I'm not going to say that Google is faultless here, but direct your anger where it should be.

EDIT: OK, this was before I read the news articles, and I take it back. This appears to be almost entirely Google's fault.

as far as we know, the Publishers are not responsible for this. No idea who is though. Dont believe we have to blame YT. they earn money with those vids too

Vatt said:
There's plenty. Vimeo for example.

I know, but Vimeo has a very slow download speed to my region, what I meant is the start of a new video website with the capabilities of Youtube servers (which hopefully will happen soon, in like the next 4 years or so).

A prime example why YouTube may not be the best carrier choice.

I bet the guys who worked hard to make their own websites popular in addition to creating quality content are secretly laughing their asses off. Either way, this is bullshit.

ReptilePZ said:
A prime example why YouTube may not be the best carrier choice.

I bet the guys who worked hard to make their own websites popular in addition to creating quality content are secretly laughing their asses off. Either way, this is bullshit.

most of the big ones not only post video games anymore. Some ( like GoldGlove ) almost completley switched to Twitch. Only uploading clips from the Streams to Youtube.

Vatt said:
I don't like AJ; he's neither funny nor insightful. Regardless, Youtube and Google are full of shit, no doubt about that.

I disagree. I find him quite funny and he is skeptical, finds and openly criticises bad gameplay features and other stuff. And he made a hilarious video when visiting CD Projekt RED, where he tried to steal information from the developers.

TotalBiscuit had the same problem just a month ago. He was framed by a developer because his critic was so bad, they infringed him. I beleave they withdraw because he could show in his emails with the developers that they did agree with what he did.

So it's hard to tell who's fault it is in the end. Unfortunately it's just a part of the ongoing war against freedom on the internet, as I see it.

I came across the new Address the Sess on Rev3 ... It's 90 minutes long, but it's really informative about the shady youtube shenanigans that happened in recent time from well known youtubers and a developer/publisher of Hotline Miami and a PR from Deep Silver talking about it :)/>/>/>/>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt1ubSVMwaw

Vatt said:

+1

AJ is the same idiot like many others reviewers.

It may have been a dick move on Google's part, but you have to agree that it's hilarious.

Ancient76 said:
+1

AJ is the same idiot like many others reviewers.

You don't like him, that's OK. Insults weren't necessary, though!

I wish people would stop insulting others just because they disagree with that person.

You don't have to respect a man to treat him like a human being!

Top Bottom