CD PRojekt RED "bad company employee reviews"

+
CD PRojekt RED "bad company employee reviews"

I found this channel on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBuoexbVEFE citing a web site for company reviews from employees (anonymous ones) and they just throw accusations over CDPR, only 30 reviews from supposed employees.

I would like to do something about this since people is attacking CDPR and confusing things really.

There could be truth in those reviews so I'm not really sure what can be done. Doesn't one of the 2 ceo's of CDPR live in china now? That would add up with the negatives that the ceo's/leaders aren't as close to the company as they should be.

It wouldn't hurt for them to clarify. There's a thread on GAF talking about this same video as well.

Guest 2364765

immessingaround;n9565801 said:
It wouldn't hurt for them to clarify. There's a thread on GAF talking about this same video as well.

If it's real to any extent there won't be a clarification on this. None of current employees will speak out openly since that would clearly put them on the cutting block and any statements from management would obviously the ones coming from party that's supposedly at fault for current status qvo.

Also none of ex-employees would put their name to confirm any of that, shittalking your previous employers (with or without merit) is a bad practice, since once the word gets out you leak out all the "spicy" things, nobody will want to hire you anymore in fear you'll also start leaking the bad sides of working for them. This is why in hermetic sectors like gamedev, everybody knows the crunch is insane, yet nobody says which companies have worst crunches, everybody knows QA gets paid next to nothing, yet nobody says who pays the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't one of the 2 ceo's of CDPR live in china now? That would add up with the negatives that the ceo's/leaders aren't as close to the company as they should be.

Marcin Iwiński does or, at least did for around 6 months. CDPR are trying to have a stronger presence in the Chinese market which I believe is the reason for that decision (based in an interview I saw on No Clip).

SageFox.326;n9560111 said:
I found this channel on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBuoexbVEFE citing a web site for company reviews from employees (anonymous ones) and they just throw accusations over CDPR, only 30 reviews from supposed employees.

Have no doubts about that. Don't know who, but someone started to fire people when there was a divergence in ideas about how to deal with TW3 story and that's not a good management. 80% Tw2 writing team was fired while they were doing the first parts of TW3 (we should thank them for the Baron's quest, the rest, full of plot holes)

And it's logical to assume that the major decisions about the story direction were taken by the board, and we all know how it ended

Last edited:
While some of the reviews (especially those written after the video) seem to be trolls, and there are also positive reviews that are mostly not shown on the video, it does look like the criticism has some merit, common complaints include excessive crunch times, relatively bad salaries, and bad management and promotion scheme. Although some of them are not necessarily problems, like the creative direction being decided by only a small number of people.

These issues are not uncommon in the gaming industry, so it is not too surprising to see them in a very fast growing Polish company. Of course, it is also true that a company that treats its customers well is not necessarily a nice place to work at, and vice versa. If anything, lots of quality content that was developed relatively fast and on a low budget is more likely to be the result of hard and not very well paid work.

I wonder if the rumor that the preproduction work done on Cyberpunk 2077 until 2016 has been binned has anything to do with the alleged management issues?

Sam2305;n9574921 said:
Have no doubts about that. Don't know who, but someone started to fire people when there was a divergence in ideas about how to deal with TW3 story and that's not a good management. 80% Tw2 writing team was fired while they were doing the first parts of TW3

How do you know this and, do you have proof?

ummagoomba;n9586481 said:
How do you know this and, do you have proof?

To be honest. some users proved it in a thread like a year ago. I can not tell you which thread or user because I don't remember but if you dig into it, you will find it

I don't get the silence about this, but i don't believe in a bunch of subjective opinions and i believe that if someone gives you a job, you should be always be grateful until you were a slave or something and i don't think this is the situation. If people wanted "ideal paradise working conditions" like in some google or san francisco liberal company, The witcher 3 cost of production would be 300 million not 30.

In this one i'm all with CDPR. Man i would love to work in CDPR.

Keeping in mind the first leak from a supposed employee about D-grade about a month before TW3 release I'm not at all surprised by those Glassdoor reviews. I guess we'll all see once and when CP2077 is released.

P.S. The most interesting notion to me from NoClip video was how they said The Witcher (2007) was "for fans of the books" and then they had to make it their own hence TW2 and TW3. And it shows really.

That thread can be found here, by the way. Also, the CEO has apparently responded to the reviews since then, which is quoted in this post.

Guest 2364765

sv3672;n9611441 said:
That thread can be found here, by the way. Also, the CEO has apparently responded to the reviews since then, which is quoted in this post.

Well, it's obvious PR talk and people shouldn't be expecting anything different.
Such statement can only be truly verified in future. I imagine that as people will start to leave or get laid-off after CP2077 release we'll see a fresh batch of spicy reviews on Glassdoor.

Sam2305;n9588451 said:
To be honest. some users proved it in a thread like a year ago. I can not tell you which thread or user because I don't remember but if you dig into it, you will find it

IIRC that was from Scholdarr.452 and if i remember even more, he had some proofs.

topic Well in every company are ups and downs and some employees get pissed faster than others.
I also said bad things here and there about my working place and how stupid everything and everyone above me is because they did some strange decissions but im still working there.
Know what i mean ? There are always some good and some bad days.

I think that gets inflated too much.

Last edited:
skacikpl;n9612891 said:
Well, it's obvious PR talk and people shouldn't be expecting anything different.
Such statement can only be truly verified in future. I imagine that as people will start to leave or get laid-off after CP2077 release we'll see a fresh batch of spicy reviews on Glassdoor.

At least it seems to be acknowledged that the criticism is valid and improvements might be needed.

Guest 2364765

sv3672;n9620571 said:
At least it seems to be acknowledged that the criticism is valid and improvements might be needed.

Well, question and answer were made on forum for investors.
It's obvious they had to reply and contents of reply were predictable too, you don't want to give the investors any reason for backing away.

Which is also why i wouldn't put any weight to such statements, for the most part it's generic PR talk - regardless of whether CDPR has any internal issues with employee satisfaction or not.

Chaos management in big big CDPR it is problem when some day you come in your office and don't know who are all of this people))

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9629491 said:
I guess this mess is a reason Linux version of TW3 never came out, same as plans for proper RedKit for TW3 were scrapped.

Not to mention the most obvious elephant in the room.

Top Bottom