CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com Launch Closed Beta of The Witcher Adventure Game

+
CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com Launch Closed Beta of The Witcher Adventure Game

Together with GOG.com, the DRM-free online distributor of all that is good in gaming, we are excited to announce the launch of the closed beta of the board game tie-in to the universe of Geralt of Rivia--The Witcher Adventure Game.

“The moment you give people a chance to play a game so dear to you is always exciting,” says Rafał Jaki, The Witcher Adventure Game Executive Producer, CD PROJEKT RED. “The closed beta is here! Give us your feedback and, most importantly, have fun playing!” added Jaki.

The first batch of participants consists of selected gamers who pre-ordered The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on GOG.com. Those gamers will be among the first to help test and refine some of the multiplayer components of the upcoming GOG Galaxy service. With the distribution of further invitations planned as the beta progresses, players interested in participating in the testing can still navigate to GOG.com/galaxy and sign up for a chance to participate.

“We’re really eager to hear your feedback, as the closed beta of The Witcher Adventure Game also serves as the first test of the infrastructure and services of the upcoming GOG Galaxy--GOG.com's DRM-free online gaming platform,” said Piotr Karwowski, VP of Online Technologies, GOG.com.

The multiplayer beta is available on Windows PC and Mac. The full game will include offline single player “VS. AI” modes as well as “hot-seat” multiplayer at launch. The game is scheduled to be released late 2014 in physical box format, and digitally, on Windows PC, Mac, iOS (iPad) and Android tablets.

I'll be there too! Excited to see how Galaxy works. I have a feeling it's going to replace Steam for me.

What about collectors edition buyers? Will we get access to beta too?

Unfortunately, there's no way CDPR or GOG would know who those who pre-ordered CE are, as the pre-orders were done with retail outlets. But there was a method provided for others to sign-up for it here:
http://www.gog.com/galaxy
I'm not sure if they're still accepting requests, it will be first come first served, and it's a few weeks since the announcement, but there's no harm in trying.

Whaaaat! Runs off to get into the action.

Edit: Nevermind I was not allowed to be in this. Despite having pre-ordered on GOG. Oh well. *deep sigh*

Last edited:
I'd really like to participate in the beta but I also want a physical copy of TW3 so I did not pre-order from GOG.:sad:

I wonder how the batches are given out. I guess first ones to pre-order get the first batch of keys? I was waiting a long time for CE here, but then decided to get my copy on GOG. Well I'm crossing my fingers.

So it's coming to PC? Nice! Now I'm interested.

...please include the following characters:

Triss
Yen
Sile
Leo Bonhart
White Rayla
Toruviel
Fleder

That would be great, Thanks.

:cool:

Last edited:
I wonder how the batches are given out. I guess first ones to pre-order get the first batch of keys? I was waiting a long time for CE here, but then decided to get my copy on GOG. Well I'm crossing my fingers.

The first batch was send to people that pre ordered W3 the earliest - the next batch will the the followimg until we send all and then people that signup for the beta

Are the participants allowed to record and upload videos of the game to YouTube?

Well it is going to happen regardless od what we say - the updates will change things quite a bit but we are with what we have now for the beta :) so to answer you question Please don't but if you must go ahead.

Top Bottom