CD Projekt RED has published their official statement about the leak of The Witcher 2 presentation movie

+
zachanscom said:
witcher needs to be able to wear armor and use shields.
I don't remember Geralt's using a shield, ever, in the few of Sapkowski's books that I've been able to read; perhaps that's why he doesn't use one in the game. One of the big advantages that witchers have is speed; I'd think using a shield would slow him down tremendously.

Exactly, speed, reflexes and the signs are Geralds weapons. A shield restricts all of those.The pony tail is a very good idea, both practical and it brings the game closer to the books.I wouldn't want to fight someone with my hair down.Now, can we please have an official announcement? :)

lovelypsycho said:
I'm actually quite taken with the spiffy new ponytail :D As Corylea said, there's an in-game precedent for it already, so that's a continuity, but also it's a matter of practicality. As a person with long (waist-length) hair, I know how annoying it is when it's falling in your face all the time! :beer: And when you're moving about the place, or being physical in some way, it makes sense to tie it back somehow. Yep, rocking the new ponytail :D
Good point! I too have waist length hair and I sure could not fight with it flying about. ;D

Hi.Its absolutely great to hear that there will be a Witcher 2. And i loved that 5 min presentation. I ALLWAYS hoped that there would be an expansion since the first game is one of my favourite rpg's of all time. We rarely get an adult, dark fantasy rpg like that. So i just wanted to let you devs know that your doing an awesome job and here are some of the things i would also like to point out :- the game should be as(or more) adult and dark as the first one was (decapitations, blood, explicit sex cards)- take ALL the time you need to make this one ( get all the details, character models and voices done before shiping )- might be a good idea to add a movie cutscene at the end of each chapter ( as oposed to just one at the begining and one at the end of the game as you had in the first one)- definetly get Geralds original voice actor back (the new one seems to young )- love Geralds new hairstyleI could go into way more detail but these are just the main things for me.Cheers

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
witcher needs to be able to wear armor and use shields.
I don't remember Geralt's using a shield, ever, in the few of Sapkowski's books that I've been able to read; perhaps that's why he doesn't use one in the game. One of the big advantages that witchers have is speed; I'd think using a shield would slow him down tremendously.
justify it as creative license :pguy carries a zweihander sword around. possible to trade it for an arming sword and shield combo.

- The starting music sounds like a copycat from the movie Troy !- Geralt is still engaging enemies in which their is no interaction between them (no defending cycles/moves/blocking/etc...).Is it going to be a pretty graphics type of game ?

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
As a person with long (waist-length) hair, I know how annoying it is when it's falling in your face all the time! :beer: And when you're moving about the place, or being physical in some way, it makes sense to tie it back somehow.
It would be interesting to correlate reactions to the new hairstyle with the personal experience of having long hair. I've had waist-length hair for most of my life, and like you, I understand all too well how much it can get in the way. (My hair isn't just long, it's also very thick, and I swear, the damned stuff can cover acres!) If I were going to draw a sword, the first thing I'd do would be to tie the damned hair back, so I could see my opponent.
Fair point, Corylea and lovely_psycho - My hair is waist length as well as very thick, and I always braid it back for fencing class every week, also used to do the same for karate class. I'll learn to like the ponytail ;D its certainly more practical, and hey, its only a demo version of the game yet, it may well be that it will look nicer (and sexier, LOL) in the final version ;D

Thank you guys, I'll pre-order it for sure.Just take your time, if you're not pressed with financing issues. The user expectations will be very high, since Witcher 1 was such a awesome game.

And only a few days ago I was complaining about the lack of news. Speak of a godsend. ;DBut the announcement's given me a couple more worries. Call me a pessimist, but why is CDProjekt having to look for a new publisher? Do they have problems with Atari or do they need more financial support? And will this project tank if they're unable to find another publisher? Because it seems to me that CDP's spent most of their resources in making this Alpha build. :-[

Thank you for you opinions on this movie, however unfortunate's the way it was published.What i want to point out is, the voices in the movie are of course placeholders. This is an internal presentation based on early alpha of the game.

Eriash said:
Thank you for you opinions on this movie, however unfortunate's the way it was published.What i want to point out is, the voices in the movie are of course placeholders. This is an internal presentation based on early alpha of the game.
Well, the leak definitely didn't hurt you.. every comment I've seen in forums and YouTube and other gaming sites have been very.. pleased with TW2. And it's just alpha!

Eriash said:
I thought so, re: the voices. Thanks for confirming it.As for the leak: Leaks can be unpleasant but the feedback thus far has been superb. ;)

This is indeed the best news I read in the last months! For sure it's a pity that the video got leaked and a proper presentation couldn't organized, but I'm really happy to know that there will be a sequel to one of my favourite games ever. ;)

My only hope is to ride the Dragon, heheh xD.Now seriously after watching the clip if felt astonished by the evolution the game has since the first game... Did you notice that guard puke?? It was fantastic!!! The characters interactions seem that evolved quite greatly as for new monsters (lol I'm fanatic for Dragons! Quick Note: I'm from FCP (OPorto Football Club)) And by the looks of it that winged lizard will give players headaches.As for battle well i don't know what will come from this... Because if this game is a sequel will we play with the witcher that we left on the first game (With all the attributes that we gained) or just with a new Geralt?

alonfire said:
My only hope is to ride the Dragon, heheh xD.
Neneke would said a word or two about this... :DThis is so great, people! The Witcher 2 will be a dream come true. I saw the video (after a whole hour waited for it to load. Yes, i love The Witcher that much! ). It 's much better than i ever hoped, it's awesome. I like his hair (don't complain, come on, it's perfect) i like the new moves, i like the new dialogue system. It's all perfect. Red's know what they 're doing. :wave:

Top Bottom