CD Projekt RED in the future

+
I am with all those who said CD Projekt should keep with their own games, but, giving you and answer... I will say: Gothic Franchise.

Seriously? No picking up failed franchises, let them "rust in peace". Also, I cannot see CDPR buying off other people's franchises, especially not if they involve an audience made up mostly by people who complain about "reading too much" or "thinking too much". CDPR also stated they liked making RPG-esque games because they provide a lot of room for growth. With your typical action game there's only so much you can do.

Also, most of these popular franchises already come with huge corporate implications. Let's never forget Harebrained Schemes: they honestly wanted to make a cool multiplatform cRPG based on Shadowrun, and FASA, later owned by Microsoft, screwed everyone over. Experienced game producers/developers like Brian Fargo/inXile know this, and they were wise to choose Numenera over the mostly defunct Planescape, avoiding Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast entirely.

Like Guy said, CDPR has proven they can work on cult franchises. I say: let everybody else work on mainstream, shallow games. And let CDPR work on unique, creative and stimulating games like they have so far.

If the REDs had to pick a new franchise, I'd prefer they look into Polish or Russian literature and create something different and refreshing. How about something based on the Bogatyr?

I think instead of purchasing stuff they should better direct their effofts in making more games and supporting more platforms in their current ones.

Gilrond said:
supporting more platforms in their current ones.

I was thinking that and forgot to include it in my post.

The OP said CDPR are "anti-DRM". Then let us play in DRM-Free OS's, CDPR :)

Good day,

If I could get CDP-Red to create another game based on an old story line, I would love to see what they could do with the old " Dragonlance " Saga.

Of course this would never happen but based on what they have given us thus far, I could only dream what that series would look and play like.

Cheers!

Volsung said:
Seriously? No picking up failed franchises, let them "rust in peace". Also, I cannot see CDPR buying off other people's franchises, especially not if they involve an audience made up mostly by people who complain about "reading too much" or "thinking too much". CDPR also stated they liked making RPG-esque games because they provide a lot of room for growth. With your typical action game there's only so much you can do.

Also, most of these popular franchises already come with huge corporate implications. Let's never forget Harebrained Schemes: they honestly wanted to make a cool multiplatform cRPG based on Shadowrun, and FASA, later owned by Microsoft, screwed everyone over. Experienced game producers/developers like Brian Fargo/inXile know this, and they were wise to choose Numenera over the mostly defunct Planescape, avoiding Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast entirely.

Like Guy said, CDPR has proven they can work on cult franchises. I say: let everybody else work on mainstream, shallow games. And let CDPR work on unique, creative and stimulating games like they have so far.

If the REDs had to pick a new franchise, I'd prefer they look into Polish or Russian literature and create something different and refreshing. How about something based on the Bogatyr?
I want CD Projekt RED to become a much more successful video game development company and a bigger video game publishing company. I want CD Projekt RED to one day be a huge video game publishing company for all of Europe for a lot of video games. Because if that happens and CD Projekt RED ends up selling more physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games to brick and mortar retailer stores in all of Europe and add more of those video games to GoG.com. I will be purchasing every single physical boxed version of the PC versions of video games that CD Projekt RED publishes to brick and mortar retailer stores or online digital distributors from Europe like from Amazon.com and a digital version of the PC versions of those video games from GoG.com. Then hopefully CD Projekt RED becomes a huge video game publishing in North America well they have a Office in North America now in Los Angeles and the more money that CD Projekt RED earns and gets bigger to expand to Japan then world wide because I want to be broken away from being tied to Electronic Art (EA's) Origin, Ubisot's Uplay, and VALVes Steam exclusivity.

I want more and more PC versions of video games published by Activision, Bethesda Softworks, Electronic Arts (EA), VALVe, etc to sell all of their PC versions of the video games that they publish 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free no copy protection client software of any type on GoG.com and hopefully 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games sold to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide.

CD Projekt RED has the potential to change the video game industry for good so that Activision, Bethesda Softworks, VALVe, etc follow in their footsteps.

Even though I use Steam I have been using Steam since 2004 I still love Steam and have it log me in every time I turn on my PC I refuse to go 100% digital I want to own the PC versions of video games on a physical disc inside physical boxes with physical manuals and 1 copy on GoG.com and 1 copy on Steam. Which in return I get the best of all 3.

Since The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a AAA video game now. I don't know how much of a AAA video game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is CD Projekt RED seriously has the potential to shake the foundation of the video game industry with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077.

Which in return I hope CD Projket RED makes earns more and more money to hire more people interested in getting jobs in the video game industry including PC gamers who are modders and PC gamers who are both modders and programmers.

I believe CD Projekt RED will be a more and more successful video game development company and then both video game development company and video game publishing company maybe 5 years from now or maybe 10 years from now.

Right now CD Projekt RED is the only video game company I will be sticking to for a few years and purchasing video games from them until the whole entire video game industry changes.

I believe CD Projekt RED will sell 5 million+ copies to 10 million+ copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Maybe it's not a realistic target of sales because The Witcher video games are a niche but damn it I believe it.

The Wastland video game Intellectual Property (IP) has been abandoned for years but since last year with kickstarter.com inXile Entertainment got Wasteland 2 funded and is being brought back from being abandoned for so many years.

Even though Medal of Honor failed and did not sell enough copies Electronic Arts (EA) said they might possibly bring another Medal of Honor video game back by 2016 I think. I would rather Electronic Arts (EA) sell the Medal of Honor Intellectual Property rights (IP) to CD Projekt RED for a few million dollars (USD) only if CD Projekt RED earns more than $250 million+ dollars (USD) and wins the bid at auction. Because I don't want CD Prjekt RED to waste a lot of money. If CD Projket RED can't purchase it at auction because it costs lets say more than $6 million+ dollars (USD) then CD Projket RED can go looking for other cheaper video game Intellectual Property rights (IP) to purchase.

Imagine CD Projekt REd purchasing Medal of Honor and developing a true Medal of Honor video game sequel that has no regenerative health.

Call of Duty pisses me off Call of Duty 4: modern Warfare all the way up to Call of Duty: ghosts has regenerative health while Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 don't.

And because we know CD Projekt RED do not really like this mainstream crap. I believe they can develop a good Medal of Honor video game it they had the rights to it. Singpleplayer wouldn't suffer it would have good dialogue and story telling with consequences while also having a good multiplayer and no regenerative health in the video game at all (At least I hope).

But I prefer CD Projket RED to develop their own video games and publish video games for others as they become a richer and bigger video game company.

Ballowers100 said:
I want CD Projekt RED to become a much more successful video game development company and a bigger video game publishing company. I want CD Projekt RED to one day be a huge video game publishing company for all of Europe for a lot of video games. Because if that happens and CD Projekt RED ends up selling more physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games to brick and mortar retailer stores in all of Europe and add more of those video games to GoG.com. I will be purchasing every single physical boxed version of the PC versions of video games that CD Projekt RED publishes to brick and mortar retailer stores or online digital distributors from Europe like from Amazon.com and a digital version of the PC versions of those video games from GoG.com. Then hopefully CD Projekt RED becomes a huge video game publishing in North America well they have a Office in North America now in Los Angeles and the more money that CD Projekt RED earns and gets bigger to expand to Japan then world wide because I want to be broken away from being tied to Electronic Art (EA's) Origin, Ubisot's Uplay, and VALVes Steam exclusivity.

I want more and more PC versions of video games published by Activision, Bethesda Softworks, Electronic Arts (EA), VALVe, etc to sell all of their PC versions of the video games that they publish 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free no copy protection client software of any type on GoG.com and hopefully 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games sold to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide.

CD Projekt RED has the potential to change the video game industry for good so that Activision, Bethesda Softworks, VALVe, etc follow in their footsteps.

Even though I use Steam I have been using Steam since 2004 I still love Steam and have it log me in every time I turn on my PC I refuse to go 100% digital I want to own the PC versions of video games on a physical disc inside physical boxes with physical manuals and 1 copy on GoG.com and 1 copy on Steam. Which in return I get the best of all 3.

Since The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a AAA video game now. I don't know how much of a AAA video game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is CD Projekt RED seriously has the potential to shake the foundation of the video game industry with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077.

Which in return I hope CD Projket RED makes earns more and more money to hire more people interested in getting jobs in the video game industry including PC gamers who are modders and PC gamers who are both modders and programmers.

I believe CD Projekt RED will be a more and more successful video game development company and then both video game development company and video game publishing company maybe 5 years from now or maybe 10 years from now.

Right now CD Projekt RED is the only video game company I will be sticking to for a few years and purchasing video games from them until the whole entire video game industry changes.

I believe CD Projekt RED will sell 5 million+ copies to 10 million+ copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Maybe it's not a realistic target of sales because The Witcher video games are a niche but damn it I believe it.

The Wastland video game Intellectual Property (IP) has been abandoned for years but since last year with kickstarter.com inXile Entertainment got Wasteland 2 funded and is being brought back from being abandoned for so many years.

Even though Medal of Honor failed and did not sell enough copies Electronic Arts (EA) said they might possibly bring another Medal of Honor video game back by 2016 I think. I would rather Electronic Arts (EA) sell the Medal of Honor Intellectual Property rights (IP) to CD Projekt RED for a few million dollars (USD) only if CD Projekt RED earns more than $250 million+ dollars (USD) and wins the bid at auction. Because I don't want CD Prjekt RED to waste a lot of money. If CD Projket RED can't purchase it at auction because it costs lets say more than $6 million+ dollars (USD) then CD Projket RED can go looking for other cheaper video game Intellectual Property rights (IP) to purchase.

Imagine CD Projekt REd purchasing Medal of Honor and developing a true Medal of Honor video game sequel that has no regenerative health.

Call of Duty pisses me off Call of Duty 4: modern Warfare all the way up to Call of Duty: ghosts has regenerative health while Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 don't.

And because we know CD Projekt RED do not really like this mainstream crap. I believe they can develop a good Medal of Honor video game it they had the rights to it. Singpleplayer wouldn't suffer it would have good dialogue and story telling with consequences while also having a good multiplayer and no regenerative health in the video game at all (At least I hope).

But I prefer CD Projket RED to develop their own video games and publish video games for others as the become a richer and bigger video game company.

Das a lot of long sentences. Although grammar is used, please... for the love of my eyes..... paragraph a little bit better 0_o

call me purist but I can only hope from CDPR very good games, few but very astonishing-awsome-surprising-fucking good ones.

You say you want CDPR to become a huge developer. That attracts all sorts of attention in the developing world, attention that I would frankly wish for CDPR to avoid. Like that of EA and Activision and other such sharks. I would like to see them remain a great independent developer who continues to make great games and stays away from the sharks out there as long as humanly possible.

That's my 2 creds worth anyway.

1 Licensed IP (CP2077 is perfect) & 1 in house developed IP.

An in house development increases CDPRs enviable independence.

1 scifi, 1 fantasy. Thats the way to go.

2 major projects at a time is enough.

But if you push me for another IP to pursue... i'd have to say "the other White Wolf" - Elric of Melnibone... they could even recycle some assets ;)

The best I can remember I believe that CDPR is working on 2 major titles , W3 and CP2077 plus 2 additional smaller 20ish hour titles so I think their plate is full at the moment .

OP, those are some big goals. They require a lot of capital, not just a few million of future profits from TW3. They entail the risk that the property you stretched to acquire will be a failure, leaving you with a loss or no sales at all, and vulture capitalists or banks demanding their pound of flesh.

It was hubris such as this that was the demise of 38 Studios.

AserPik said:
Das a lot of long sentences. Although grammar is used, please... for the love of my eyes..... paragraph a little bit better 0_o

Are you kidding me, your reply to that post is that?, Sure there was a lot to read but when it comes to a topic like this how can one say a lot of stuff in 1 or 2 sentences.

I see these types of comments a lot on other forums as well, when people actually have to use their brain a little bit and exceed their sentence input above 2 or 3 lines, they get all confused. it's the fast food, drive through mentality I guess.

I want it!, and I want it now. Don't make me think too much and I'll buy what ever you offer me.

Sure the post was a lot to read but when it comes to this forum and some others I am in, if that post was written backwards it will still hold the feeling and the point that B100 wants to make. And if I or you is going to read it then at least try to make a respectful reply, and if the length of it scares people off from reading it then don't bother saying anything.

Cheers!

robert1a said:
If I could get CDP-Red to create another game based on an old story line, I would love to see what they could do with the old " Dragonlance " Saga.

No Dragonlance. All D&D goes back to Hasbro/WotC which means all sorts of trouble. Good luck getting them to release a DRM-free official D&D product. A recent example: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition being recalled and now available on Steam exclusively. Thankfully the Infinity Engine games are so old they don't care about them anymore.

robert1a said:

Lots of disconnected ideas there, not sure where you're going. You want CDPR to become huge and shake the very foundations of the gaming industry. You want them to become immensely rich by acquiring everybody else's franchises? You know those franchises are registered and trademarked and come with a load of corporate bullshit, right? This is like begging CDPR to add DRM to their games in the future.

robert1a said:

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Wasteland was originally developed by Interplay and EA had the publishing and licensing rights, which they retained until a few years ago when Brian Fargo managed to get it back from EA's claws. The franchise was inactive because they didn't want to deal with EA. This is why Fallout was born. But now that Fargo finally got it BACK his company is able to use it. This is not the same as buying somebody else's franchise. If anything this is an example of why CDPR has to stay as far away as possible from companies like EA, Bethesda and Activision.

robert1a said:

Like others said, isn't Medal of Honor just another WWII shooter? What's so special about it? If CDPR wanted to make a military shooter they don't need anybody's "IP". But military shooters are a dime a dozen, so they should work on something else.

AserPik said:
There was nothing wrong with Balls post. It's completely comprehensible. I've read some truly bad posts on this site, both in terms of grammar and less than 1337 paragraphing skillz. In comparison with them, Ball is a god damn English literature professor.

Hello Gang,

.Volsong. Yup I agree with you there definitely too much " Red-Tape " for that to truly happen and in all honestly I would much rather see CDP-Red produce original content, but hey, I can still dream what it would be like :)/>. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DL_series

That comment arose from a recent thread I posted in that made me go and dust of some old game titles, then I found my " Baldur's Gate " disks, You mention The GBE version, but just completely by accident when I was searching BG stuff I came across this http://kotaku.com/ho...te-in-511489475. Now that's a labour of Love.

A close friend of mine and myself are actually going to fire up the old NWN2 series and try to connect and play this Co-op. I have the original series but to play this with my friend I think would be great.

I remember finding the old NWN and NWN2 stuff in the bargain bin NWN Diamond Edition $5 and all the UGC I could have ever wanted from the NWN Vault, and then I got NWN2 and all that content as well, Honestly best money I ever spent. Then as you mentioned certain companies causing too much trouble, then NWN had their issues which prompted Mysteries of Westgate from http://www.ossianstudios.com/mow.

I also remember the first RPG I ever played back in High school when I wasn't playing D&D pen/paper with my friends, Bards Tale, then for what ever reason they stopped supporting it but then there was a small indy group that decided it was worth trying to save and I found their version, http://www.devilwhiskey.com/.

Anyways getting to much off track here, I guess there are some games out there that may be worthy of a comeback but as always CDP-Red are always going to follow " Their " dreams and I for one am going to be happy to be there to be on the ride with them playing their content.

Cheers!

GuyN said:
OP, those are some big goals. They require a lot of capital, not just a few million of future profits from TW3. They entail the risk that the property you stretched to acquire will be a failure, leaving you with a loss or no sales at all, and vulture capitalists or banks demanding their pound of flesh.

It was hubris such as this that was the demise of 38 Studios.

Well hopefully they don't go and borrow $80 million(or however much it was) from the Polish state. ;)

I would like to see them do a series of RPGs based on the Death Gate Cycle of novels by Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis of the DragonLance world Creators fame. These books are awesome and detailed would be great for CDPR because the "world" or sections of world are gritty and there is a lot of grey areas!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_Gate_Cycle

Top Bottom