CD Projekt RED Summer Conference Summary

+
dragonbird said:
I wasn't around at the time, but how many of the original TW1 team were on TW2?
I always assumed that a lot of the TW2 team were also neophytes - bigger team, natural losses, new engine. As long as you have the key names still around to drive the vision, I don't think it matters too much (as long as they still get Doug Cockle)

I would assume that Adam Badowski (the last cool guy from the "thank you" video) will still be in the lead for Witcher III, as well as the lead writer (he has an impossible-to-pronounce name)... so I'd think we're covered.

Besides, it's more than apparent that the team they need to fill up is the one for the Cyberpunk game... My understanding is that only the "core" of that team is formed with veterans...

snfonseka said:
Can someone please clarify this.. The name of the game is "Cyberpunk". Is that right?

I believe it was said to be a working title. It may not be the final title. Others have mentioned that "Cyberpunk" has strong name recognition in Poland.

Cyberpunk as the name for a game is a trademark belonging to R. Talsorian Games. Since Pondsmith is on board (and Talsorian is his publisher), I'm sure they've done their homework and avoided trademark problems.

I'm glad they announced this game really early in production so we can tell them what we want.

Okay for starters I don't want anymore brown bags and corpses disappearing that just ruins the immersion for me. I'm sure if you guys ask around your own studio they don't like it as well.

-Avoid the shooting gallery gameplay of Mass Effect. I just want to avoid that formula that [you make difficult moral decision] then [kill everything in sight] and occasionally [solve a puzzle that's fairly easy]. That works for the Witcher games but I expect CDPR to go beyond that.

-Be creative with Choice and Consequence. Witcher 1 kinda had this. Witcher 2 played more on our feelings about morality. Witcher 1 did a better job at making you alert eg. the tsetse fly autopsy. There were a lot of other mini examples like you giving food to some old lady and you got valuable information about some monster which otherwise would've cost you a lot of money for the book.

-Sidequests affect other sidequests and also the main storyline. I'd like to see actions as organic ripples and I want to feel that you don't know how those ripples will affect other ripples you make.

-Don't make the protagonist be the only one making moves in the story. I love how well you guys did this in Witcher 2 but it'd be interesting to have sidequests affect it. If you saved CharacterA in a sidequest he might redirect ImportantCharacterintheStorylineB to do something completely different.

can we get a suggestion thread rolling want it to be official one made by Red team so we all know where to post

Corylea said:
If a lot of the veteran Witcher developers are going to be working on the Cyberpunk games, does that mean that TW3 will be developed by a bunch of neophytes?

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Corylea said:
Cyberpunk isn't a genre that I especially like ... but if CDPR makes it, it'll probably be cool, anyway.

More of a "setting" than a genre. They can probably pull out a decent computer role-playing game regardless of the world/time period. As I said in other posts though, I truly hope they will stay away from the embarrassing cliches of mixing "science" and fiction.

Dear CDPR peoples: Plz to release this game asap as possible. I already spent way too much time not playing it and I can't keep like this anymore.

yeah I said that in another thread. For all new to cyberpunk go watch Ghost in the shell (the anime and the movies) They are splendid! critically acclaimed works.

JackintheGreen said:
I would assume that Adam Badowski (the last cool guy from the "thank you" video) will still be in the lead for Witcher III, as well as the lead writer (he has an impossible-to-pronounce name)... so I'd think we're covered.

Besides, it's more than apparent that the team they need to fill up is the one for the Cyberpunk game... My understanding is that only the "core" of that team is formed with veterans...

Well one of the other threads listed the current vacancies at CDPR for a game that looks like TW3, and it didn't include writers, so either they're going the Bioware route, or they're using the existing writing team. Somehow, I don't see them going the Bioware route :)

I would expect them to mix-and-match old and new between the two titles. Having a completely new team on either would be a recipe for disaster.

http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/site/witcher_1_backup_copy
Think GOG needs to update this too achieved, Didn't think it would actually happen but glad it did.

ravenmaster said:
http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/site/witcher_1_backup_copy
Think GOG needs to update this too achieved, Didn't think it would actually happen but glad it did.

Heh, seriously? I already *bought* a Witcher 1 backup a few weeks ago. Guess I should have waited :p But on the other hand, I don't regret supporting GOG with 5 bucks. Yeah, it was 50% off.

Dragon said:
Well, Cyberpunk - exactly the genre I wished for :).

I'm happy like a schoolgirl

Dragon said:
If a lot of the veteran Witcher developers are going to be working on the Cyberpunk games, does that mean that TW3 will be developed by a bunch of neophytes?
Well I trust in youth! No seriously, I don't know who is working on W3, but I think that some fresh meat can't add anything but good stuff. Young people normally is a volcano of nice ideas :)

Cyberpunk isn't a genre that I especially like ... but if CDPR makes it, it'll probably be cool, anyway.

There are only a few cyberpunk games (actually, a couple) and if it'll be like VTM: Bloodlines, we should expect great things! I hope you will find a way to try it when it'll come and probably become addicted to the genre.

*Peking "Blade Runner" remasterd DVD.... sweet babyboy...*

Dragon said:
Heh, seriously? I already *bought* a Witcher 1 backup a few weeks ago. Guess I should have waited :p But on the other hand, I don't regret supporting GOG with 5 bucks. Yeah, it was 50% off.
You know what's funny? that now I actually own it... twice :D
First GOG copy given with Botanicula offer, and now the backup copy LOL

(not to mention the very original copy I own since 2007)

Top Bottom