CD PROJEKT RED visits San Diego Comic-Con 2014

+
If gameplay with witches , werewolves and finally Ciri and crafting/new gear especially will be showed i`ll` be satisfied. I already saw Novigrad, a little of combat system, Yen and Triss appearance. What more interesting to me is crafting system so good described by Konrad that i cant wait to see it , alchemy and monster hunting. Even if i`ll see some of that in that E3 footage from behind closed doors that someone already saw(i`m not) ill be happy.

I'm surprised people are disappointed to hear that it's the behind closed doors E3 demo repeat. I mean WE haven't seen it yet.

It's a bit weird, isn't it ?
After E3 everyone kept asking for the behind closed doors footage, now everyone wants something new.

But I understand those people too.
They want to see the game mechanics in action and most of all they don't want a second class treatment.
Showing some "reheated leftovers" that journalists already saw and discussed feels a bit anti-climatic.

I personally am grateful that CDPR shows anything at all.
They put so much passion and effort into their projects and it clearly shows with any footage we get~

If gameplay with witches , werewolves and finally Ciri and crafting/new gear especially will be showed i`ll` be satisfied. I already saw Novigrad, a little of combat system, Yen and Triss appearance. What more interesting to me is crafting system so good described by Konrad that i cant wait to see it , alchemy and monster hunting. Even if i`ll see some of that in that E3 footage from behind closed doors that someone already saw(i`m not) ill be happy.

Gameplay footage which displays the use of the crafting and alchemy systems would be ideal.

I'd also love to hear a snippet of spoken dialog with Ciri, because I'm eager to learn which voice actress they chose.
But if we don't get that, that's ok too: let Doug Cockle (Geralt's voice actor) get the time in the spotlight he deserves.

And I also don't want fans of other characters to be entirely neglected, so how about showing Yennefer ?
With black hair. People will fall off their chairs.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

I'm surprised people are disappointed to hear that it's the behind closed doors E3 demo repeat. I mean WE haven't seen it yet.

What «people» would you be talking about? Haven't read a post stating so, perhaps you could provide a quote. Besides I don' think Marcin has said a word about what they're going to show at Gamescom behind closed doors.

I'm fine with getting the E3 demo.

True, I'd rather have them skip spoilers altogether - that would include not revealing characters such as the tree spirit and the three witches - andt instead focus on showcasing game systems such as alchemy, crafting, etc. Anyway, a carefully edited out version of the E3 demo would be preferable, but I'll gladly take whatever they decide to throw at us.

Last edited:
but I'll gladly take whatever they decide to throw at us.

Meanwhile, at the SDCC panel...

Rafal: "..and of course we read all the community comments."
Michał: "We've read one in particular, stating that you are eager to take whatever we decide to throw at you."
Rafal: "So..."

*reaches behind the panel*

Rafal: "THIS IS FOR ALL THE TIMES YOU CALLED US LAZY !" *throws rocks at the audience*

Michał: "AND FOR ALL THE ANNOYING, UNGRATEFUL COMMENTS YOU POSTED !" *knocks a fan out with a rock*

Last edited:
Thanks for that! Would be awesome to have this on desktop or on the wall. It's a pretty amazing picture of Geralt and this midday- and nightwhives (don't know the english translation of those monsters^^)

Jupiter_on_Mars

Meanwhile, at the SDCC panel...

Rafal: "..and of course we read all the community comments."
Michał: "We've read one in particular, stating that you are eager to take whatever we decide to throw at you."
Rafal: "So..."

*reaches behind the panel*

Rafal: "THIS FOR ALL THE TIMES YOU CALLED US LAZY !" *throws rocks at the audience*

Michał: "AND FOR ALL THE ANNOYING, UNGRATEFUL COMMENTS YOU POSTED !" *knocks a fan out with a rock*

Rafal: We've also prepared something special for our wacki...I mean, biggest fan.

*reaches beneath the table*
*takes out a guitar*

Marcin Iwinsky: Ladies and gentlemen, «Cirinade for Zorn»

*lights dim out*

*Room pitch-dark*

*Rafael's first chord on the guitar*
*Floodlight on tuxedo Marcin, standing with the mike*

Once there was a bloke gone cuckoooooooo
Ciri was his thing
His left buttock had a tatoooooo
Of an ashen-haired Halfling!

Guy had lost his marbles
Wouldn't shut 'bout Ciri the Muuuuuuuuuse
Spoke in breakfast parables
No sane person would ever chooooooose

Now downtown busy Berlin
He'd just seen a unicooooooooorn
Guy was emperor, German, trippin'
You gessed it,
His name was Zoooooorn!

@EmperorZorn, all in good spirit! :teeth:

Last edited:
@Jupiter on Mars

What «people» would you be talking about? Haven't read a post stating so, perhaps you could provide a quote. Besides I don' think Marcin has said a word about what they're going to show at Gamescom behind closed doors.

I'm fine with getting the E3 demo.

True, I'd rather have them skip spoilers altogether - that would include not revealing characters such as the tree spirit and the three witches - andt instead focus on showcasing game systems such as alchemy, crafting, etc. Anyway, a carefully edited out version of the E3 demo would be preferable, but I'll gladly take whatever they decide to throw at us.

Good for you man but I'm not gonna go thread diving because you don't believe a small comment that means nothing anyway :p

Anyway I agree they should avoid spoilers but then I remember how big this game is supposed to be. I guess a few things from the start of the game wouldn't be the end of the world. It's better to go in blind certainly, although it's a difficult situation because on the other hand we also want to get a feel at how well the story telling has held up. Hmm not sure what to think now...

Last edited:
Anyway I agree they should avoid spoilers but then I remember how big this game is supposed to be. I guess a few things from the start of the game wouldn't be the end of the world. It's better to go in blind certainly, although it's a difficult situation because on the other hand we also want to get a feel at how well the story telling has held up. Hmm not sure what to think now...

I couldn't agree more, mate.

And I don't think we'll have reason to worry.
Until now CDPR has handled their presentation of the game very professionally, there haven't been any major spoilers.
A few character scenes being shown won't hurt, because I highly doubt that they'll showcase the big plot twists.

But I understand those people too.
They want to see the game mechanics in action and most of all they don't want a second class treatment.
Showing some "reheated leftovers" that journalists already saw and discussed feels a bit anti-climatic.
Actually i am as well dont want to see the old Griffin hunt , Johny and Novigrad sequence with the same footage again. I want to see quest continuation from behind scenes and the things i talked about. Even some art of new Geralt gears will make me happy, but if we`ll see the crafting system and new gear firsthand thats will be the best pleasure served.

I think they should hide Geralts special moves from us, so we can enjoy them the first time at home when we unlock/upgrade them.
I doubt they will show the crafting stuff because new players/mass might get turned off by that. It is something we learn in the game as we play it.
I might be wrong but I believe the mass/new players want to see some cool looking action/combat. Be it climbing monsters, fighting under water or on horseback to boating and climbing.This is what grabs some people, as much as I would like to see this and that from potions to upgrades blah.. blah.. blah..
I would much rather see some action, I want to have a sneek peek of some of the awesome looking things I will be able to do as Geralt in this world.

Naa..
I changed my mind, I don't want to see anything else until the game comes out.

Last edited:
I think combat will stay at the level of E3 during Comic Con because the lack of time. Same with hunting system(plus Griffon hunt was already showed and future describing better suit to Dev. diary than 30 min demo of gameplay). And i dont know about whole crafting system demo and explanation,.but to show some new Geralt gear/armor is more simple than show water,horse and simple combar system, VATS and numerous monster hunt and tracking . As you said better pieces of combat system better to see for self whaen the game will be released.

Last edited:
Top Bottom