CD Projekt RED's CEO speaks about DRM

+
I'm just going to say this even we as mod have a right to express our opinion just like all of you do here you agree with it or not that up to you

Well, after reading the faq, I no longer have any concerns about the DRM. It seems pretty reasonable, and they even said they would try to patch it out later.

Seeker said:
I'm just going to say this even we as mod have a right to express our opinion just like all of you do here you agree with it or not that up to you
Of course you do. I'm not disputing that in the least. However, as a mod, the opinion should be expressed in a way that doesn't belittle people that hold a differing one.

Tommy said:
Tommy said:
Przedmiotem umowy dystrybucyjnej jest udzielenie przez Agora na rzecz CD Projekt sublicencji wyłącznej na korzystanie z gry w zakresie koniecznym do zapewnienia jej dystrybucji przez CD Projekt określenia podstawowych warunków i zasad prowadzenia dystrybucji, określenie zobowiązań stron w zakresie prowadzenia kampanii marketingowej gry
Google TranslationThe object is to provide a distribution agreement by the Agora for CD Projekt exclusive sublicense to use the game to the extent necessary to ensure its distribution by CD Projekt to define the basic terms and conditions for distribution, define the obligations of the parties to conduct a marketing campaign gameYour point being what ?
I was referring to Chimpo that agora can demand from cdp implementing drm on behalf of license. What is untrue.

Coelocanth said:
Of course you do. I'm not disputing that in the least. However, as a mod, the opinion should be expressed in a way that doesn't belittle people that hold a differing one.

How did this secondchildren even get to be a moderator?All I have seen him do is bash and troll other people and make snide remarks about their opinions.

Actually, it's not 'him', but 'her'! And she's not doing anything wrong, until she starts deleting people's posts, and ban everyone she doesn't agree with. She has every right to participate in discussions, and voice her opinions, just like any of us do!

Syvere said:
How did this secondchildren even get to be a moderator?All I have seen him do is bash and troll other people and make snide remarks about their opinions.
I can tell how:they like the way I use Captain Picard and Commander Riker pics :p

After reading this http://www.thewitcher.com/images/newsletter/TW2_FAQ_April2011.pdf I have some questions for CDP guys.
Registered users will also receive automatic notifications of updates via the game launcher. In addition, this will be the only way to update the product – patches will not be available as separate files, making it impossible to update illegal copies of the game in this manner.
1. Huh? Is this the case for GOG download too? It doesn't have DRM but you have to get online to update?2. Will GOG copies have keys?3. Will the "final" fully patched version be eventually available on GOG?4. A GOG copy will update anyway so what's the point?
Furthermore, we will make every effort to cooperate with our publishing and distribution partners to remove the DRM in a postrelease update.
5. So you must update online to get rid of online activation? It doesn't make sense. I suppose there must be a downloadable patch at some point, right?Thank you!

I already sent an e-mail to the GOG support asking if it will be the same for the TW2 GOG version. That was yesterday, I'm still waiting for an answer.I'm curious as well. I wonder how they will say that this is not some kind of DRM, because in my opinion it is.

GODzilla said:
I already sent an e-mail to the GOG support asking if it will be the same for the TW2 GOG version. That was yesterday, I'm still waiting for an answer.I'm curious as well. I wonder how they will say that this is not some kind of DRM, because in my opinion it is.
He, he, me too! :)(sent mail to GOG and am curious) Maybe they didn't consider this aspect, ha, ha!

Coelocanth said:
Coelocanth said:
I didn't belittle you. You chose to take my post 1) In the most negative possible light, and 2) Personally. That is your choice, not something I did.Not everything is about you. :)
Coelocanth said:
And she's not doing anything wrong, until she starts deleting people's posts, and ban everyone she doesn't agree with.
Neither Secondchildren nor Tommy nor I have the ability to ban people; only Seeker and Petra Silie can do that. So if you've seen someone disagree with Secondchildren and then be banned, you can conclude that Seeker and/or Petra Silie reviewed the conversation and thought the person in question needed to be banned.

Corylea said:
I didn't belittle you. You chose to take my post 1) In the most negative possible light, and 2) Personally. That is your choice, not something I did.Not everything is about you. :)
Oh please, the 'not everything is about you' response? Really? I never said it was about me. Your post basically trivialized and belittled the concerns of an entire group of people in this thread that are upset and concerned about the DRM in the retail version.Anyway, I've said my piece on this topic and I'm done here.

Corylea said:
Neither Secondchildren nor Tommy nor I have the ability to ban people; only Seeker and Petra Silie can do that. So if you've seen someone disagree with Secondchildren and then be banned, you can conclude that Seeker and/or Petra Silie reviewed the conversation and thought the person in question needed to be banned.
Of course. But we can still ask them for banning. We can bring evidences, the motive and the m.o. And it's highly possible that we are listened by our godfather\mother :)

Second Children is a fiery Italian who knows how to use a foil. I never cross her. Anyway, I like that our moderators here show their opinions. That's good.

What's wrong with coelocanth? Hmm.. it seems more like to attack to the mods. I've read most of their replies and i don't think it's offensive.Guys and gals please.. don't take things personally. This is the W2 forum and it's a place for us to discuss, suggestion and share about the game.

Top Bottom