CDPR aren't talkers, but they sure do listen

+

Forum veteran
CDPR aren't talkers, but they sure do listen

Sure, they may maintain near-complete silence about their games before they're ready to share, and they may not always be the best at communicating in general, but I've realized more and more as I play through Witcher 3 that CDPR has taken pretty much every complaint people had about Witcher 2 to heart.

Some people complained about the more linear nature of 2, so it went open-world. People complained that Geralt couldn't ride a horse, so now he can. People complained about combat, so it's been streamlined. There were criticisms about not being able to use potions in battle, so now you can. There were complaints about dice poker being too random, so now we have something that rewards planning and strategy over luck in Gwent. I even remember complaining about a lack of physical flaws in NPCs and trying to explain that those little flaws add character, and I've noticed that the third game includes NPCs with such flaws. I'm sure there are far more examples that I've neglected to mention, too.

SO! To whichever RED'uns have been doing all the listening, thanks for taking feedback into account, even if some of the changes aren't to everyone's liking (sorry—I miss the old combat system and all of my lovely, lovely snares).

P.S., I just found a Fight Club reference subtle enough to be missable not long ago. Know that I see what you did there.

Top Bottom