CDPR cheerleader thread

+
Hello there, saw the stream that just happened about patch 5.2 and saw both Pawel and Jason kind of down and wanted to try and cheer you guys up (and of course any other team member that feels like they let us down). I mean I understand all the fuss that happened but I just wanted to say that Im happy you guys had a quick reaction to it and are trying to make us all happy again. Really love all your games so far, gwent included and I understand that its a learning experience for most of you people too since this is your first online/tcg game. I think all in all you people are doing a very fine job, and even though you find me sometimes complaining I'm very happy with the game, and it's mostly just constructive criticism anyway.
So chin up you guys, we still love you and we'll get through this!
/together4ever/

p.s. to non-cdpr dudes and dudettes - Feel free to join my cheerleading efforts if you want :p
also bring your own pom-poms

DRK3

Forum veteran
I also saw the stream and noticed how down they were, which made me feel kinda guilty since im one of the top complainers in these forums, always with my rants on what they should be doing instead and bashing them, for several years. Which might suggest i dont like them, but that is not the case.

I hope you can fix all of Gwent's major problems soon and get back on track. And hopefully, really improve on your communication with your players and just maybe start paying attention to the suggestions in these forums, not all but some are really insightful and could definitely help you improve your game.

I would not invest a second of my time if I thought they were not worth the time, the criticisms may not be pleasant but they are necessary.

Gwent, his basic concept is in my way of seeing the best among the card games, the others are all a concept "I break your face in turn 5 or you will win". Or worse, a clownfiesta of RNG.

I will focus specifically on the new Ciri frame, it is beautiful, congratulations to the one who created it. :beer:

ciriyenn.png

The stream must be inserted in the news "header" whithin the game, it put a lot of context and clarifies the 'why such changes were made in the first place'. It desersves the community respect that they listened the feedback, acknowledged the cons of the controversial changes and let us now what are they planning to do for the next patch, especially with the MP, they putted honesty over profit right there.

I also saw the stream and noticed how down they were, which made me feel kinda guilty since im one of the top complainers in these forums, always with my rants on what they should be doing instead and bashing them, for several years. Which might suggest i dont like them, but that is not the case.

I hope you can fix all of Gwent's major problems soon and get back on track. And hopefully, really improve on your communication with your players and just maybe start paying attention to the suggestions in these forums, not all but some are really insightful and could definitely help you improve your game.

I'm sure that it is more a matter of "success/failure".

@Burza46 and @SlamaTwoFlags - The stream today was much appreciated! Everyone makes mistakes and pleasing 100% of the people is impossible. Additionally, there is the stress of the dev teams having to answer to the accountants and stockholders to keep the economic model going. I, for one, would be horrified if anyone other than Jason was in charge of Gwent; your passion shows and you have fantastic history with the game. Fans are passionate about the game we love and the feelings run high....sometimes too high.

I would be very disappointed to see anything happen to this game and hope it goes on for a LONG time. In the long run, whatever is necessary to keep Gwent enjoyable while providing adequate compensation to CDPR and the development team is the most important.

rrc

Forum veteran
@PaleRick, thanks for creating this thread. I also saw the stream live and wanted to create a similar thread. Seeing Jason so down and hurt made me really sad. Apparently the only reason for the stream was to sincerely apologize to the community. It takes courage, strength and honesty to go to a stream for apologizing. I always loved you @SlamaTwoFlags, and as I always tell, your passion for the game is pure and sincere and highly respectable. Cheer up Jason!

I am really looking forward to what changes you are going to make for the MP. I hope it is good for the community. Nonetheless, thanks for telling us that you would give a heads up of what we can expect before it goes live. On retrospect, if you had informed about these changes before it went live, you wouldn't have got this much backslash.

Dear @Burza46 I got carried away on the heat of the moment and made a harsh post about seasonal tree communication. I am sorry about it. I am sure you didn't mean some of the statements or were trying to calm the community down. Thanks for arranging the stream and bring Jason to the studio! Cheer up Burza!

Looking forward to the World Masters tournament and lets have the best Gwent tournament yet!

Well I don't visit the forums that much I admit, so I guess I posted this thread in the wrong section, sorry :_D maybe they'll move it or something. And to you guys that are sorry about your comments, well i haven't read them but I think most will understand that criticism is often a good thing and that if someone "criticizes" passionately that just means they care about the game all the more. If they released a bad patch and noone would care that'd be a far bigger problem for the game. I appreciate all of your comments, nice to see ya'll sharing some positivity :). I too hope for the best and am eagerly waiting for the fix they'll come up with for the dust issue.
Have a good day mates!

@PaleRick, thanks for creating this thread.
brofist:cool:

Common, the basics of Gwent are awesome! You did a fantastic job! Graphics are tidy and nice (not pokemon like), the menues, ranking system, game mechanics etc are top notch.

The core of the game is outstanding, and most cards are outstanding as well. How the game is played is very cool and very fun. Most play mechanics are cool, animations are cool and the game is just generally well made.

The game is very complex, and this is a two edged sword. On one side it is a good thing, on the other side it can be difficult to fine tune and get perfectly right. What would be fun (and perhaps useful) for everyone is if the developers just sat down and played with us for a season. Enjoy their own creation! You will see how fun it is, and also see all the cards from players perspectives. Have some fun! That's also part of your jobs. I don't think it's outside of the scope of your job to just play this game alot as well, at least for a season or two ;)

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello there, saw the stream that just happened about patch 5.2 and saw both Pawel and Jason kind of down and wanted to try and cheer you guys up (and of course any other team member that feels like they let us down). I mean I understand all the fuss that happened but I just wanted to say that Im happy you guys had a quick reaction to it and are trying to make us all happy again. Really love all your games so far, gwent included and I understand that its a learning experience for most of you people too since this is your first online/tcg game. I think all in all you people are doing a very fine job, and even though you find me sometimes complaining I'm very happy with the game, and it's mostly just constructive criticism anyway.
So chin up you guys, we still love you and we'll get through this!
/together4ever/

p.s. to non-cdpr dudes and dudettes - Feel free to join my cheerleading efforts if you want :p
also bring your own pom-poms

Thank you so much! We know we messed up, but there is always room for improvement and that's what we're trying to do :)

This is a nice thread and I agree with most things. CDPR will have the biggest problem when players simply stop caring. That will happen when the same mistakes are repeated over and over. So as a reciprocal, constructive action and for cooperation and transparency, it would be good to have corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) identified and shared with the community.

I agree. The gwent team is the best!

Quite frankly, I think Gwent might be my favourite strategy game of all times. I think that says alot, for someone who is a strategy game fan and have played anything from Heroes of Might and Magic to Red Alert to Warcraft and Starcraft and all the classics up to more modern ones like C&C Generals, the Total War Series including Rome and Rome 2. I've played strategy games on PC for decades basically.

Both Rome and Rome 2 are good in different ways and flawed in different ways, but I think they come 2nd and 3rd on the list.

Having fun with Gwent since joining in December! No complaints here on the rewards system. Thanks CDPR for making this game accessible to me. Spent a little money... but spent like 200x the amount on Yugioh back in the day.

The art is second to none as well for the feel of witcher universe. I appreciate MTG socially but online Gwent is very VERY solid. can't wait for more updates and larger cardpool. I hope they keep the universal use of all cards for entire format. keep up the work guys.

Yeah the card art really is incredible. The premiums too. I get both the card and the premium version because I love both

I played this game since closed beta, and for sure, sometimes it felt better and sometimes it felt worse, sometimes I stopped playing for weeks or months but always came back. And the reason for this is the knowledge that eventually you guys will figure stuff up.

P.S. One tip from a fan, with the new journey system, let us earn crown points in the arena. In times when the ladder is broken or meta is uninteresting, the arena is the primary source of fun, however, it feels like waste of time because you don't progress the journey.

I just want to chip in and say that I way prefer the new rewards system that was introduced with the Journey update. I'm one of those players who generally plays 0-12 games a day, and not feeling like I have to play at least 6 games to get any reward is fantastic for me. I can just drop in for a game or two when I have time, and maybe come back later in the day or maybe not, and either way not feel like I should be playing any differently. It has made it feel more like a game and less like job ;-) And I'm enjoying my playing all the more for it.

I also enjoy the variety of quests we get with Journey, forcing me out of my comfort zone to play factions and keywords I've neglected. Today I made a new monsters consume deck, which I hadn't played since the starter pack, and won my first game with it, which was super fun and satisfying. Once I get the time to spend the 8000 ore and 25 kegs I have saved up (as I recently got prestige 1, and wanted to wait to open things until I got there for more raresies), the game is going to open up so much more with all the new deckbuilding possibilities, too.

Basically, I loved Gwent before, and am loving it even more now. Great job team.

Top Bottom