CDPR Don't treat this game like W3(My somewhat unique feedback to CDPR)

+
I've understood everything i've said aswell as everything you've said since you posted the thread, no matter how many walls of text you care to put up it all boils down to what and how you want content done and presented to you

Because what your asking for is out there it's called a MMO its called Division, Destiny Anthem etc etc, what you want is all them typical business practises put into a single player game, what you want is say a W3 expansion cut up and drip fed to us every couple of month that ultimately costs more but artificially prolongs gametime

A single player game should have a start a middle and a end, be repeatable if necessary, have ng+ if wanted but ultimately there to be put down once done and, as i repeatedly do with alot of SP games, re visit if required.

If you want continuous updates, content etc for years upon years do not play a single player game
I've played Warframe since launch. Warframe being an ancestor to Division, Destiny and such i know what a MMO is. I did not describe a MMO too. Nor do i want one. Im not looking for a multiplayer game. Game does not have replayability and lack of features will keep it that way. Getting to replay once barely can be called replayability. You can replay W3 with so many different consequences(see my second post where i've said lifepath reworks which i find essential to replayability). Even if there wasn't replayability there should be plenty of post game content(which is how some games handle play value, like Pokemon) which CP77 has basically none. Games over once all scripted events are done. There are no procedurally generated infinite number of random events that can add to replay value. We can't really talk about replay value in CP77 as it currently stands.

You clearly did not understand me. Don't like me putting in effort to write things, you are not forced to read them either.

Single player games can receive continous updates in the form of mods. See NFS:Most Wanted. Still receiving regular mods and community editions. Game is nearly 20years old. CP77 It might as well be augmented officially over a long period of time, after your beloved 2 expansions, instead of random modders(see my first post). Just because it is something new and different(a MMO-like content schedule on a singleplayer game?blasphemy i dare say) should not be so scary. Depending on the size of content it doesn't have to be drip fed either. It depends on execution. If you're content that you've understood me we can agree on disagree on how the game should receive it's post launch content. Everyone to their own.

Really glad to see another hardcore Witcher fan around here. I played Witcher 3, 5 times. It’s my favourite game of all time.
However, Cyberpunk is not even close to that. If I list my favourite games, Cyberpunk won't even be in top 25. This isn't because of bugs. I can tolerate bugs but can't stand mediocre game design.
First of all, 25 hour main quest & 10 - 15hour side quests are really disappointing. I spend like 80 - 100 hours per each Witcher playthough. Most of my time in Cyberpunk is spent of boring ffetch quest system called Gigs. Those things have little to no story with little choices. Serious downgrade comparing to Witcher contracts. Even treasure hunts had more story than Gigs.
Even though Night City looks good graphically, I don't want to explore it anymore. There are minimal random encounters & NOCs are hilariously dumb. I spent latter half of the game by fast travelling. I never fast travel in Witcher 3. (Unless it’s between regions)
Unlike Witcher 3, Cyberpunk doesn't take it’s time to build characters.
Even though Witcher 3 slows down the pace of the story, it’s still full of big epic moments. Cyberpunk feels anticlimactic. It’s like a Act I of a bigger story. Seriously, there's not a Corporate Wr in the game.
I could go on but I feel betrayed by Cyberpunk as a huge Witcher fan.
Same. I knew something was off the second the scripted "on rails" carchase started. I kept going for 52h more, in the hope of finding a reason to stay.

What you mean to say is that you don't want that and that's your definition of what an SP game should be. The nicest part about that is that even if they do support the game for years, nothing forces you to play/buy it :shrug:

We live in an era where a single player game with continuous updates for years is completely feasible.

It would still have a beginning, a middle and an end. It would slowly become a beefier beginning, a beefier middle and a beefier end. A longer game overall too.

I frankly couldn't care less if I end up paying 5 times what I originally paid. As long as what I got was meaningful content that truly adds to the base game. And wasn't cut at release, of course.

Ofc thats what i want, ofc thats my opinion, the hell do you think discussion boards are for? Everyone slapping each others backs and echoing each others opinions, all im saying is what he is describing is a GAAS
I've played Warframe since launch. Warframe being an ancestor to Division, Destiny and such i know what a MMO is. I did not describe a MMO too. Nor do i want one. Im not looking for a multiplayer game. Game does not have replayability and lack of features will keep it that way. Getting to replay once barely can be called replayability. You can replay W3 with so many different consequences(see my second post where i've said lifepath reworks which i find essential to replayability). Even if there wasn't replayability there should be plenty of post game content(which is how some games handle play value, like Pokemon) which CP77 has basically none. Games over once all scripted events are done. There are no procedurally generated infinite number of random events that can add to replay value. We can't really talk about replay value in CP77 as it currently stands.

You clearly did not understand me. Don't like me putting in effort to write things, you are not forced to read them either.

Single player games can receive continous updates in the form of mods. See NFS:Most Wanted. Still receiving regular mods and community editions. Game is nearly 20years old. CP77 It might as well be augmented officially over a long period of time, after your beloved 2 expansions, instead of random modders(see my first post). Just because it is something new and different(a MMO-like content schedule on a singleplayer game?blasphemy i dare say) should not be so scary. Depending on the size of content it doesn't have to be drip fed either. It depends on execution. If you're content that you've understood me we can agree on disagree on how the game should receive it's post launch content. Everyone to their own.

I understand you clearly, you want CP to be a SP GAAS game lasting years, i dont, its that simple, if i want a game i can play for years i play a GAAS game or a MMO, Warframe is not a MMO its a looter/shooter, SWTOR, WOW, ESO, FF14 are MMO's

I can talk heaps about replay value in CP because theres loads, my opinion if you dont think so fine your opinion, thats what discussion boards are for.

You put your wants and hows forward on a discussion board, as i said i aint here to backslap and echo if i disagree its that simple, i dont need to read 20 paragraphs in 20 posts of your ideas when all it says is more more more for years and years with a buisness model described exactly the same as every mmo and gaas game out.

Im no here to say " Yeah that GAAS model could sure work in my single player game to extend its life into the decades" im simply here to say no i dont want it and prefer the same old system of update, expansions, done, move on and probably revisit if it good enough.

Im no saying that model wouldnt work im simply saying i dont want it

Ofc thats what i want, ofc thats my opinion, the hell do you think discussion boards are for? Everyone slapping each others backs and echoing each others opinions, all im saying is what he is describing is a GAAS

I understand you clearly, you want CP to be a SP GAAS game lasting years, i dont, its that simple, if i want a game i can play for years i play a GAAS game or a MMO, Warframe is not a MMO its a looter/shooter, SWTOR, WOW, ESO, FF14 are MMO's

I can talk heaps about replay value in CP because theres loads, my opinion if you dont think so fine your opinion, thats what discussion boards are for.

You put your wants and hows forward on a discussion board, as i said i aint here to backslap and echo if i disagree its that simple, i dont need to read 20 paragraphs in 20 posts of your ideas when all it says is more more more for years and years with a buisness model described exactly the same as every mmo and gaas game out.

Im no here to say " Yeah that GAAS model could sure work in my single player game to extend its life into the decades" im simply here to say no i dont want it and prefer the same old system of update, expansions, done, move on and probably revisit if it good enough.

Im no saying that model wouldnt work im simply saying i dont want it
MMO means massive multiplayer online. Let me clarify that. My clan in WF had 900 players in one dojo mission. I'm pretty sure that fits the entire MMO thing that we've been discussing besides Warframe being a looter/shooter with all the online and multiplayer thing and hubs hosting massive numbers of player(see Deimos launch day/tennocon relay).

It's ok if you don't want my proposal. I'm here to express my wants. But let me say this, this game won't be what you want or what the players wanted it to be in a Hearts of Stone and Blood&Wine, it needs more and not delivering more would betray its potential. That's my opinion though.

Sure, but selling clothes, cars and cosmetics in separate dlcs is a slippery slope. A full expansion like in Witcher 3 is definitely something I would buy if done right.

I don't it's a slippery slope. Sure some developers get greedy with them but some don't. It's not automatically a slippery slope though.

They don't all go "5$ for horse armor". Thankfully. They can easily sell 10$ micro expansions as well as cosmetic improvement. The potential is there. Of course blood and wine level expansions are best but there is definitely potential for different kind of DLC/Expansions in NC.

Then you seriously need to work on your delivery method. You don't come across as trying to have a conversation. Even your post saying you're only "discussing and giving your POV" is overly aggressive.

Statements like the below are not conducive to a discussion.

A single player game should have a start a middle and a end, be repeatable if necessary, have ng+ if wanted but ultimately there to be put down once done and, as i repeatedly do with alot of SP games, re visit if required.

If you want continuous updates, content etc for years upon years do not play a single player game

They're conducive to arguments. Especially that last sentence.

I'm glad i wasn't the only who thought he was being a bit too aggresive on his expression. I now understand what he wants. But i don't believe what he wants can reach the height that is CP77's potential or the envision that was showcased during the demos as well as Night City Wire videos on youtube. 2 expansions won't be enough thats for sure. And i sure don't mind having(or having to pay for) multiple expansions.

In the meantime, I'm sorry about your grandfather. But back to the game it's true the main one lasts 27 hours, but then there are the side quests and you can get to 60/70 hours. I personally am 200 hours of this game, after two runs I started the third and I like it more and more, too bad that one day I will have to stop, but only because I will have done everything and I will not have anything else to do. I hope the DLC can increase my hours while still making me dive deeper and deeper into this game. For the rest they could certainly expand some sides, such as the main story, the romances, etc., leaving out the bugs that those will be solved, but in any case I'm very very happy for the game and I'm sorry for all the criticisms that have rained on some deserves some not.

TL;DR: Don't approach this games expansions similar to Witcher 3 where you drop few quests after release and then 2 expansions and call it a day. Adopt a different style. Perhaps 3-6 monthly regular interval content drops would fit the game much better.
Don't like that.
Playing for 1 week mini-content and then 7 weeks nothing...? Nah.

Top Bottom