CDPR fan surprise early release?

+
CDPR fan surprise early release?

I know I might get flamed, I know I might get yelled at and hunted with pitchforks but so be it. I'll take the hit that everyone deep down inside would like to say or ask for.

Being that The Witcher 3 has been delayed various times, and according to various reports that the game has long shipped, and is ready for release... Wouldn't there be ANY chance that (since its been delayed various times) that CDPR would be awesome as hell and surprise all the fans by releasing earlier than projected? Maybe by a whole MONTH or so? Instead of May 19th, would there be ANY chance it could release APRIL 19th? for the fans? They had to delay the game a few times and its all good, maybe they realize they delayed it TOO long?

Haha yeah yeah, I know its a long shot but- without psychoanalyzing why or why not they should or shouldn't couldn't a fan just DREAM for once? Every company delays, delays... couldn't there be an exception? a surprise for the fans? I'm not gonna lie, that would make my year- no lie. I've been obsessing over the Witcher 3 like no other game, every day i GOTTA replay one of the videos to see if i catch something new or something I hadn't seen before, anticipating how I'd do things and how I'd go about running around and fighting, and questing.

yeah Preorder? been done dat. Now just wait for release .... Please CDPR surprise us and release early!!!!!!

Marketing plan, retailers in various countries, government regulations, and lots of other things also tie in with that March 19 date. It's not that easy to just change it on a whim. It has to be planned well in advance.

according to various reports that the game has long shipped, and is ready for release...
:wat:
Does not compute. First decide which is it, has the game shipped or is it ready for release?

That's not how it works, the game's content is ready does not mean the game itself is ready, just that they won't add or subtract content from the game at this point.

The game is probably in the process of gold as we speak and then they also have to work on the Day 1 patch.

Last edited:
Marketing plan, retailers in various countries, government regulations, and lots of other things also tie in with that March 19 date. It's not that easy to just change it on a whim. It has to be planned well in advance.

Yeah, exactly. Retailers in particular would be royally pissed off. Besides that, the game hasn't even gone gold and even when it does I'm sure CDPR is will likely continue to tweak and optimize for the requisite "day one patch" that every game has.

Well since it got delayed that much, I can wait another month no problem. Initially it was a blow to hear the delay but since it was for a good reason, I am satisfied now and judging by the videos and screenshots, the game has improved a lot in this time. Maybe they cannot directly fix more bugs and issues now as the game is almost finalized but this extra month will give them the time to recognize those small issues and include the fixes in day one patch.

Pft. Early release. There's probably gonna be another 7 month delay.
I find the silence about the sun's direction in the prologue... suspicious.

lol Sun downgrade...

@EliHarel BTW if serious they did respond to that saying they are aware of it but can't fix it right now due to content being in a locked state...

@op Only for fans? Like others said it takes time to get approval to call it "GOLD" and then to mass produce DVDs with the content on it and such. No way it is going to be this week :p

i´m happy in the 19. i know cdrp is working hard to optimize and thinking about new content so let then do what they do best, EPIC games to us.

lol Sun downgrade...

@EliHarel BTW if serious they did respond to that saying they are aware of it but can't fix it right now due to content being in a locked state...
Yeah, I know. Following that thread too. My post was the herald of the sun and theta's appearance, blessed be. I have the power to summon Reds.
"Today, 09:22 AM EliHarel "
"Today, 10:14 AM theta77 "

we waited years, we can wait one month, let cdprojektred do all the optimization they can, so we don't have to download dozens of updates and patches

It'd be an amazing surprise but not likely to happen, mainly because of all th ework involved, retailers, shipping, etc.

The physical stores would get upset if they released early digitally and if they did plan to release early on both fronts they'd have already started shipping th ephyiscal games to retailers and people would post pics of it/talk about it.

Top Bottom