CDPR: Free DLC early 2021

+
I wanted the deep, engaging and complex story driven open world RPG with decisions to be made in... you know, the one they bragged about, not some lazy mediocre looter shooter action adventure... how can ANYONE who looked at that think to them selves... o well there are clothes and cars and gangs and diners in the game so these trailers are not misleading at all... i can't even... nope... im done!

By looking at Witcher 3 and expecting something similar?
Post automatically merged:

They call it free DLC but we know it's just stuff that they cut from the game. This is just a PR spin

Tell me more about your epistemological foundation.

Well you see, it's all about illusion and making people believe what they were initially given was a fully fledged complete product. You then promise a grandeur of extras for free in the next coming months to which the common folk think of it as a gift of good faith but in reality was all the missing pieces of the product

How can they talk about choices and then
show Evelyn Parker, who died inevitably, with no choice to save her.
c4.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you see, it's all about illusion and making people believe what they were initially given was a fully fledged complete product. You then promise a grandeur of extras for free in the next coming months to which the common folk think of it as a gift of good faith but in reality was all the missing pieces of the product

And the foundation for your claim, that it's not a fully fledged product, is?

How can they talk about choices and
then show Evelyn Parker, who died inevitably, with no choice to save her.
View attachment 11120720
This is the whole story of the game, I mean they showed so many things in a way that can be misunderstood. Showing tattoo artist which is actualy part of the game is a great example. People thought they will be able to get tattoo.

@animalfather Hey, you might want to update topic:
I wondered when this web page opened. The oldest date is December 13th, according to the Wayback Machine. This naturally shows that the page is not very new. So it's safe to say their plans might changed over time after the release. Without CD Projekt RED making any statement about future DLC, I guess it's best not to expect anything for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
They add some new stuff for free: People, let's get our pitchfork and torches. Burn them.

They add nothing and keep bugfixing: People, let's get our pitchfork and torches. Why don't they give us at least more free stuff when they failed on release.

This really is some wretched attitude. At least give them a chance for doing something. If this is not your game and you are still upset, let me tell you:
1. There are so so many disappointments in life. Move on.
2. Never preorder.

Just give them a goddamn chance to do something, you may cry afterwards.

No... by looking at their promotion of CP77! You know... the one where they actually said that they were making a deep, engaging and complex story driven open world RPG where your choices matter. Man i truly envy all those people who looked at those videos, listend to all their promises and based on that preordered the game or bought it on day one, then played it and are happy with what they got! Nothing short of actual malice born out of true evil could possibly ever upset those people!

No... by looking at their promotion of CP77! You know... the one where they actually said that they were making a deep, engaging and complex story driven open world RPG where your choices matter. Man i truly envy all those people who looked at those videos, listend to all their promises and based on that preordered the game or bought it on day one, then played it and are happy with what they got! Nothing short of actual malice born out of true evil could possibly ever upset those people!
The only thing that CDPR got right about this game, was Night City. They threw the rest of the table top game out the window and did their own thing but that's not surprising considering with what they did to their rendition of the Witcher compared to the books.

The only thing that CDPR got right about this game, was Night City. They threw the rest of the table top game out the window and did their own thing but that's not surprising considering with what they did to their rendition of the Witcher compared to the books.

I would agree if the Witcher was nothing more than mediocre hack and slay looter action adventure... but it is not!

Why did you expect something different from Cyberpunk then?

Are you even reading what i am writing? It would appear you are not. At the very least i expected CP77 to be an RPG... but it is not! It is a mediocre looter shooter action adventure! Saying: "They made the Witcher the way it is and therefore you have no right to expect them to deliver the product they advertised!" is a nonsensical argument and i disagree completely! If they didn't advertised CP77 at all i might have still bought it, played it and then said to myself: "Man that could have been an awesome game... to bad they wasted that potential, o well gonna play something else." But that is not what happend... what happened was, years of extensive marketing for a "deep, engaging and complex story driven open world RPG where your choices matter" and therefore that was exactly what i expected! Blaming people for expecting to get what was advertised to them is just the most bizarre thing... i can not comprehend the mindset behind that! Those thought processes are utterly alien to me!

Last edited:
This thread is so confusing. Admittedly I didn't read all of it but some people, a lot in fact, are complaining about free stuff.

Free stuff. Complaining about free stuff.

Let that sink in for a moment.

No matter what it is, free stuff is free stuff. The content of said stuff is irrelevant. It's free. If it's content that feels like it was cut, hey, so what? It's free. If it's content that you feel should've been in the game for the get go. So what? It's free. If it's major systems (it won't be) for the game and fixes our complaints, so what? It's free stuff.

No matter what it is. Minor or major. It's free stuff. You say thanks and resume your defending/hating or whatever in between you're in if it still applies.

This thread is so confusing. Admittedly I didn't read all of it but some people, a lot in fact, are complaining about free stuff.

Free stuff. Complaining about free stuff.

Let that sink in for a moment.

No matter what it is, free stuff is free stuff. The content of said stuff is irrelevant. It's free. If it's content that feels like it was cut, hey, so what? It's free. If it's content that you feel should've been in the game for the get go. So what? It's free. If it's major systems (it won't be) for the game and fixes our complaints, so what? It's free stuff.

No matter what it is. Minor or major. It's free stuff. You say thanks and resume your defending/hating or whatever in between you're in if it still applies.

That is the thing... some people actually do not want free stuff... they want what they payed for!

According to the way you define an RPG, clearly CDPR defines it differently. And quite a lot of people agree with their definition.

And i disagree with all of them!

Top Bottom