CDPR hack topic/Ransomware discussion. Be COOL, my Stainless Steel Ratlings. -Sard

+
CDPR hack topic/Ransomware discussion. Be COOL, my Stainless Steel Ratlings. -Sard

pisses me off!!!

This is very bad. I bet the thieves will release the documents anyway, regardless of what happens. It's really terrible people do this to companies like CDPR. Hope the authorities find those thieves.

Mods! chances are the hackers will come here and spoil the game, what precedures are in position to avoid that??

reidyboy102998;n8833960 said:
This is very bad. I bet the thieves will release the documents anyway, regardless of what happens. It's really terrible people do this to companies like CDPR. Hope the authorities find those thieves.

never deal with terrorists!

metalmaniac21;n8834040 said:
Lost April Fool joke? 4chan sends their regards again? Russian hackers sabotaging CDPR?

Perhaps a part of CDPR's "super sekret" marketing campaign, like they mentioned?

Last edited:
Is this a PR strategy? CDPR is one of the few good companies out there and they're being targeted? Can't these guys take out the REAL bad guys in the gaming industry instead of them? Come on.

I bet they hacked it because they also want to play the game themselves.

Wait, what if this is the market strategy SURPRISE CD Projekt was talking about?

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n8834220 said:
Is this a PR strategy? Very unlikely. CDPR is one of the few good companies out there and they're being targeted? Can't these guys take out the REAL bad guys in the gaming industry instead of them? Come on.

I bet they hacked it because they also want to play the game themselves.

Wait, what if this is the market strategy SURPRISE CD Projekt was talking about?

most likely they didnt hack cdpr but an employee.

animalfather;n8834050 said:
Mods! chances are the hackers will come here and spoil the game, what precedures are in position to avoid that??

1. If you see something that looks like leaked material here on the forum - please report it using the "flag" function at the bottom right of the post. We'll handle it once we see it.
2. If they see some content outside of the forum, shoot one of us or
Vattier a PM. Please don't post about it in public.

Thanks.

Last edited:
animalfather;n8834280 said:
most likely they didnt hack cdpr but an employee.

Hmmm...Turns out that the information the hackers got were early/initial concepts for the game...HMMM. SO IT'S NOT SOMETHING OF EXTREMELY HIGH IMPORTANCE. This leak will promote this game in the media without hurting its reputation.

Remember when they told us they'd go for Bethesda's marketing strategy? Well guess what people? When Fallout 4 was announced the early concepts/artworks were the first things that were shown. HMMM cdpr you guys are really smart.

Last edited:
Guys - good news! We can contribute as a community to helping CDPR out in these hard times. Here's how:

- let's not post any links, screens or discuss the content of the leaked material here on the forums - out of respect for those, who don't want to spoil anything(and CDPR's work, too). Any posts in this manner will be deleted anyway by moderators.

- if you happen to notice any outside forum/website post the leaked content - please notify the moderators, Vattier or Dominika.Skubida immediately.

Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rawls;n8834340 said:
1. If you see something that looks like leaked material here on the forum - please report it using the "flag" function at the bottom right of the post. We'll handle it once we see it.
2. If they see some content outside of the forum, shoot one of us or
Vattier a PM. Please don't post about it in public.

Thanks.

how about banning new users from posting or something like that...cause u know the trolls are gonna come in here and start dumping..

Lisbeth_Salander;n8834410 said:
Hmmm...Turns out that the information the hackers got were early/initial concepts for the game...HMMM. SO IT'S NOT SOMETHING OF EXTREMELY HIGH IMPORTANCE. This leak will promote this game in the media without hurting its reputation. HMMM cdpr you guys are really smart.

i feel like CDPR would say that regardless...

Be aware that anyone linking to leaked material or discussing leaked material will be dealt with....firmly. Not only to protect CDPR assets, but mostly to protect players' enjoyment of the product they don't yet have. And partly because people tossing wild speculations left and right, fake links, real links and what not creates a lot of bad and very little good.

Depending on how this thread goes, it'll be open for a bit or locked up soon - a fate followed by any other similar thread created. There is very little info and a whole bunch of speculation. Feel free to speculate, but do it carefully.

We are all responsible for what we do and how it affects others, in this community if not outside it. Keep that in mind.

Well... I hope I can speak speak for all CDPR fans when I say that we have your back and that we support you 100% in this. You've always been a very respectfully company towards us fans, and you've always made games "by gamers, for gamers". Unfortunately there are a-holes in the world; hackers, terrorists, rapists and so forth. Maybe they were dropped on their heads as babies, maybe their fathers didn't let them play Super Mario. Who knows, there are no easy answers as to why. But be assured that 99,9% of us are not like this so don't take it personally. Godspeed.

Forum veteran
Years of athletes claiming to have been hacked have conditioned me to automatically conflate "I was hacked" with "I accidentally posted pictures of my junk in a place where they're easily accessible and need to minimize the potential damage by claiming it was totally someone else's fault."

So I'm sure that these files are 100% dick pics. Probably with mirror shades balanced on top, because topical.

i think im gonna give this place a rest until the dust settles. i dont want any spoilers. i dont even want to see offcial trailers for this game. i was everything to be fresh.

Top Bottom