CDPR hack topic/Ransomware discussion. Be COOL, my Stainless Steel Ratlings. -Sard

+
Mebrilia;n8847710 said:
Will be FPP TPP or both? What kind of game that will be? Isometric? third person open world? First person open world?

there are two very simple reasons for why they aren't talking.
1) things change. for a long time they were promoting the witcher 3 with a basic combat mechanic that isn't even in the game. (the targeting system.) they are much earlier in the dev cycle than when they said that, so even bigger things are subject to change.
2) providing a constant stream of 100% final, relevant and interesting information for a year or more is hard. and throwing random tidbits out there every once in a while would just hurt their marketing. people would get barely "satiated" by the info, then forget about the game again. or worse, they would start wild speculations that would just lead to disappointment. a short, focused, intense promotion before release would work better for CDPR.

Mebrilia;n8847710 said:
And that is absolutely unacceptable and is a really great lack of respect for me.. but i am sure also for others that supported them since their first videogame release... Is frustrating...

it's frustrating, yes, but it's not like you are a subscriber to a service of theirs or something. you are waiting for a product that they don't even wanna sell to you yet. calling this unacceptable is a bit unreasonable.

Mebrilia;n8847320 said:
And sorry but i don't think this is respectful in regard of loyal costumer that puchased each title they made and supported them along those years..
Now they got this burning potato in their hands i really hope for them is an elaborated marketing campaign because if not.. Will be utterly sad if the only info we will have is just some leaked material stolen by a thief after years...

Well something is well known, CDPR, is having a mass traffic in this forum because of this news. Don't go any further that things might look. This happen with The Whitcher and that game turned out to be way beyond expectations.

This thing that is happening to CDPR, now is starting to look and feel the new normal in which is beneficial for them. Heck besides, it even feel like if this would be like when the baseballers have their own routine to win matches and they have boxes with old cigars, old shirts wearing after a match etc. CDPR has stealing documents every game they release apparently for the same purpose on wining over competitions.

My point with that statement is, stuff happens, don't look more higher if is nothing there. You know.
I think this stuff happens to every game company, and CDPR is the only one open enough, mature enough, smart enough to make it public.

P.s. So Long.

Mebrilia;n8847710 said:
And that is absolutely unacceptable and is a really great lack of respect for me.. but i am sure also for others that supported them since their first videogame release... Is frustrating...

Why is that unacceptable and why do they have to show any respect to you? What makes you so special?

Mebrilia;n8848370 said:
First i refuse to believe after years they have nothing to tell... Secon may be their game but we are the ones that are supposed to spend their money buy it... and i would and will gladly do that... Now i understand if it was only a couple of year we were waiting but we are talking about several years... In the meaintime i changed home twice... i switched work 3 times... My brother went to work in spain and come back after 2 years...

Is not like i am impatient... Is because now are several years and we don't have a shred of news.

But... considering their roughly normal time between each major game, that CDPR has released, there is still about 1.5-2.5 years more time befor it actually starts to reach an abnormally long time for their development of the game.

The work that they did on CP2077 befor Witcher 3 was released (may 2015), was probably mostly pre-production... things they needed to do to get ready for when they where actually going to start seriously working on the game... part of that included updating their game engine. Also, don't forget that the Blood and Wine expansion to Witcher 3 did not come out untill May 2016 as well... so as such I would not be all that surpriced if CP2077 did not get the full develoment attention on it untill round about that time.

And considering when they have normally come out and officially announced their games (especially W2 and 3), we would probably not have know about CP2077 until this year, 2017, if they had followed their normal rouitine with it. But this time around they decided to reveal to us about 5 years earlier then they normally would have done that they where going to make this game... which is a bit unfortunate for us... but it is what it is, they needed to get some eyes on it that early so that they could start finding more people to hire for the project. It is after all not a Fantasy game.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n8842670 said:
I and some others have gone into the conspiracy territory. But I'm not judging CDPR for this if it's really a PR stunt, specially if we keep in mind that anything that makes the game more popular is important.

To be honest: if this is a PR stunt, as I still think it is, it's the work of a genious.

Without showing a single image of the game, only with a tweet, they created a lot more conversation about the game that they could've possible create with a trailer. If you type "Cyberpunk 2077 ransom" in Google you get 86.200 results, I'm in the page 10 of Google and all the links are talking about that. Do the same search on YouTube. Everyone that wants to be someone in gaming is talking about that, even the ones that would not talk that much abot the trailer itself. This kind of promotion worths MILLIONS.

But I don't think that this is the incredibly genious part. No. A netrunner stealing files and asking a ransom for them? So Cyberpunk 2020. And know what? CDPR just put the whole gaming community of the whole world into a Cyberpunk 2020 game. Everybody is going to be looking for the leaked images. Everybody is playing the game. We already started playing Cyberpunk 2077, it's just that we don't know yet.

Madqueen...i beleive what your saying about the whole pr stunt...i commented on your youtube channel the other ssy...but sonce u stated u still believ its a or stunt than what do u say about the whole cdpr going to the authorities and what not?? Many think that right there debunks it as a pr stunt. Just wanna know your opinion on that.

DarthRaver8686;n8849020 said:
Madqueen...i beleive what your saying about the whole pr stunt...i commented on your youtube channel the other ssy...but sonce u stated u still believ its a or stunt than what do u say about the whole cdpr going to the authorities and what not?? Many think that right there debunks it as a pr stunt. Just wanna know your opinion on that.

I've been Googling like crazy to find proof of CD Projekt RED going to authorities. I read a couple of mentions, but no actual proof and no solid statement from them.

Garrison72;n8849080 said:
The only way this would be viral marketing is if they were going to show something at E3.

There are rumours that the game is going to be shown at E3 in the Microsoft conference this Sunday, as they most probably are going to talk about their new console Scorpio, and it would be very weird that they introduce a hardware without games that take advantage of the improvements of this hardware with regards to current generation. If we consider the fact that Cyberpunk 2077 is going to run with an engine that is more advanced that the one in Witcher 3 I'm not sure that this current generation will be able to process it (Playstation 4 Pro already proved that is nothing to write home about, and I don't think we can expext XboX one S to be much better), so Cyberpunk 2077 would be a great hook for Scorpio.

But, as I said, these are only rumours.

Calistarius;n8848900 said:
And considering when they have normally come out and officially announced their games (especially W2 and 3), we would probably not have know about CP2077 until this year, 2017, if they had followed their normal rouitine with it. But this time around they decided to reveal to us about 5 years earlier then they normally would have done that they where going to make this game...

I sometimes believe that the original teaser was not done to convince gamers about the game or to advertise it, but to convince Mike Pondsmith to license them the rights. Pondsmith said that he was requested the rights of Cyberpunk 2020 several times to do a videogame but that he wasn't sure as he didn't want a gaming company to spoil the true concept.

The teaser has all these little details that prove that these people played the game: a Kiroshi ad, Alt Cunningham, the Max-TAC logo, Network News 54...

Omg i hope your right for so many reasons. Mostly because i wanna see n hear some info for the game. N another reason i wont say on this forum right now. Im with ya tho. As soon as phil tweeted about how the conference was running longer than 90 min i was like that has to be because there is alot of games to show and mist prolly unannounced games. But i def feel the same way. A couple articles on the internet saying cdpr went to the authorities isnt proof of anything. But people on here cling to there beliefs like flies on shit. Not even willing at all to be open to any possibility that this could of been a pr stunt, and that the game is alot farther along than people r willing to admit. A possible pr stunt that worked FANTASTICALLY i might add if proven to be true. Well know the truth in less than 48 hours so i guess well see. If im wrong ill be man enough to admit it but a guy can dream cant he?? Cue the haters!!

MadqueenShow;n8849290 said:
I sometimes believe that the original teaser was not done to convince gamers about the game or to advertise it, but to convince Mike Pondsmith to license them the rights. Pondsmith said that he was requested the rights of Cyberpunk 2020 several times to do a videogame but that he wasn't sure as he didn't want a gaming company to spoil the true concept.

The teaser has all these little details that prove that these people played the game: a Kiroshi ad, Alt Cunningham, the Max-TAC logo, Network News 54...

Nah...by the time the trailer had come out (early 2013) it was already known that CDPR where going to make CP2077, it was known as early as mid 2012 from what I know (just recently found an interview from mid 2012 where they talked a little bit about the game)... but might have been even earlier then that. As for when exactly the license was done, I don't really know... but I am sure it must have happend the latest in the early half of 2012, otherwise they would not have been talking about them going to make a CP2077 game.

Part of the reason the teaser trailer was put out was to whip up some interest from game developers that would potentually want to work on such a project... seeing as that was part of what CDPR wanted to do as well, build up their studio with more people that is... and because they would need a batch of people who would have had more experience with working on Sci-Fi stuff, seeing as CDPR had only worked on Fantasy games befor.

MadqueenShow;n8849270 said:
There are rumours that the game is going to be shown at E3 in the Microsoft conference this Sunday,
Really?...
Come on MadqueenShow, stop feeding the fake rumors.
lol for that matters...

Rumors are the most fake thing ever since there is no news shown, neither from the ones that said it, an most important neither in the forums and CDPR tweets account. Rumors tend to be lies to deceive people and costumers. Cyberpunk2077 won't come to consoles at release. They are going to start with PC and then, head to consoles, something like what R* always do, but in reverse. Starting with PC.

Calistarius;n8849400 said:

Part of the reason the teaser trailer was put out was to whip up some interest from game developers that would potentually want to work on such a project...

It makes sense.

ReptilePZ;n8843580 said:
Meh, they had the endings and entire quest-lines leak for TW3 and it was fine, a few early design documents shouldn't be a big deal. Good they decided to get ahead of the story and warn people to avoid any potential leaks, though.

Sardukhar Good luck :p

I AM READY! AhaahahahH! No, I'm totally not ready. My 200 kg order of Valium isn't in yet. 500 pounds of pure CHILL baby!

------------------

So, is this a PR stunt? Have you met CDPR? Do they seem the kind of people to do that to their fanbase? No, they do not.

As for owing anyone information, IN NO WAY IS THAT TRUE. We are owed exactly, precisely ZIP. If you like the game, when it comes out, buy the game. Then, you are owed a game, (hopefully functional, har har) and a certain amount of support for that game. That is it. That's what you paid for and that's what you get. Anything else is on you.

If you have a problem understanding this basic commercial principle, I heartily recommend you let it go before posting here. There is no "we made them so they owe us!' relationship in the CP forums, because I will squash it. Lovingly, of course. BUT SQUASH.

Donum-Dei;n8849440 said:
Come on MadqueenShow, stop feeding the fake rumors.

The thing is that they are rumours so I won't know if they're fake until Sunday.

Then, why do you discuss about a game before its release if it's not to speculate? That's what people's been doing for long here. Speculating. About Ciri being in the game. About the gameplay mechanics. About what character classes are going to be in the game and what not. About the cyberware that will be available. About character creation. And all the people discussing here, we don't have a clue about what are we going to find in the game, but we speculate.

You may not like specualtion, I understand that, but then I find pretty odd that you are in a forum based on speculation.

Anyone else think its weird that mike hasnt commented on any of this leak business?? Hes usually very active on cybrerpunkgame subreddit and for this...a very important topic...nothing. its almost like hes "gone dark"

Top Bottom