CDPR hack topic/Ransomware discussion. Be COOL, my Stainless Steel Ratlings. -Sard

+
Madqueen made a very valid point in one of her videos that it seemed to be the work of netrunners....taking corporate data and holding it ransom...only to sell it to fixers if there was noncompliance....i tend to agree with her only because of the timing ;)

I just hope that CDPR will NOT reconsider their "we do not talk about Cyberpunk" policy in the light of current situation. As weird as it may sound I think that's the best attitude- no information=no (broken) promises. As great game as Witcher 3 sure was, there certainly were some things that were promised but, in the end, not delivered. I would rather not see this again, hence I really appreciate that they do not disclose any information unless they feel confident about it.
Best of luck in resolving this and in the development as well.

Meh, they had the endings and entire quest-lines leak for TW3 and it was fine, a few early design documents shouldn't be a big deal. Good they decided to get ahead of the story and warn people to avoid any potential leaks, though.

Sardukhar Good luck :p

Love this company and love the games. Not going to bother looking for any leaked garbage, and it's a shame that the DRM-free company was targeted like this. Keep up the good work folks!

Wow that is a super bummer.... I feel bad for cd project red i hope they will find the people responsable for this and i also hope they will stop with this silence..

I am honest tough i have to admit i am deadly curious...

I swear if all of this is part of a marketing campaign i will travel to the cd project red headquarter and slap the ceo... then i will hug all the team...

Jokes at side....

Damn you cd project XD

Last edited:
> Do not ponder your mind with sorrow
> Everything has it's way out
> Only those strong minded prevail
>Nothing bad last forever
>P.s. So Long

Ive actually been wondering if this is by some chance a viral marketing stunt. I mean, a big company getting its top secret hush-hush info stolen and ransomed, then leaked to the public feels pretty cyberpunk. Also, what company makes a public statement about being ransomed? And who would even bother ransoming outdated game files of all things, knowing full well that they risk arrest by doing so?

And they did say that 2077's PR campaign was gonna come as a surprise...

Last edited:
On Reddit sub, CDPR asked us to contain any gaming site articles (if it happens) about the leak in a single thread and remove any direct links or requesting for links from the sub, which we are more than happy to do and help CDPR with.

Does randomware game developer will really work?
What you gonna do? Release prealpha version of game which will be shared among press anyway? Or share some gameplay which will be showed in numerous gameplay trailers, or be all over YT day after release?
Funny thing.

kanonite;n8845900 said:
Ive actually been wondering if this is by some chance a viral marketing stunt. I mean, a big company getting its top secret hush-hush info stolen and ransomed, then leaked to the public feels pretty cyberpunk. Also, what company makes a public statement about being ransomed? And who would even bother ransoming outdated game files of all things, knowing full well that they risk arrest by doing so?

And they did say that 2077's PR campaign was gonna come as a surprise...

Its not marketing stunt, already confirmed by prosecutor from Warsaw Praga. Probably this guy didnt have idea that he stole old documents, maybe he thought that these documents are important? After all he didnt have insight what CDPR are doing with the game.

Sneky;n8847260 said:
Its not marketing stunt, already confirmed by prosecutor from Warsaw Praga. Probably this guy didnt have idea that he stole old documents, maybe he thought that these documents are important? After all he didnt have insight what CDPR are doing with the game.

And that is shameful considering they released a teaser years ago... Several years... They went full radio silence on this project from long time that we don't even know what the game is going to be... Not even the basic info on that... And sorry but i don't think this is respectful in regard of loyal costumer that puchased each title they made and supported them along those years..

Now they got this burning potato in their hands i really hope for them is an elaborated marketing campaign because if not.. Will be utterly sad if the only info we will have is just some leaked material stolen by a thief after years...

Yo my man i feel where your coming from but u have to give it time. A game of this magnitude isnt devoloped over night and ya it sucks that theyve been silent but its for good reason. Would you want to hear about this game early on and midway through only to be dissapointed at the end when its not what it was in the beginning?? Its inevitable with a game like this things are going to change and ideas are going to go in a different direction. This games gonna be huge and they wanna make sure they have everything near perfect and dialed in before they reveal it. You have to remember that these guys spend millions of dollars and years of their lives working on it day and night. Their careers and comoany rely on the fact that they live up to their reputation...which is very highly regarded in gaming circles. Like i said i get it its frustrating. But you have to consider things from their point of view.

Sneky;n8847260 said:

It's hard to believe someone accidentaly hacked a company.

Mebrilia;n8847320 said:
And that is shameful considering they released a teaser years ago... Several years... They went full radio silence on this project from long time that we don't even know what the game is going to be... Not even the basic info on that... And sorry but i don't think this is respectful in regard of loyal costumer that puchased each title they made and supported them along those years..

Now they got this burning potato in their hands i really hope for them is an elaborated marketing campaign because if not.. Will be utterly sad if the only info we will have is just some leaked material stolen by a thief after years...

Disrespectfull for doing a marketing strategy? This silence will help to control hype when the time comes. Just like Bethesda did, they will announce true info about the game (gameplay trailer or a real trailer), to generate hype, then six months later they'd launch the game. (Marcin Iwinski mentioned this part about the time period by the way)

You know people, gaming is not always about fun and passion, they gotta make money too, and for that they need to sell well and follow their marketing plans.

Releasing a gameplay today only to launch the game 1 and a half year from now will be terrible for their number sales because the Hype won't be as powerfull, not to mention that fans will compare the older version to the new one.

Last edited:
DarthRaver8686;n8847560 said:
Yo my man i feel where your coming from but u have to give it time. A game of this magnitude isnt devoloped over night and ya it sucks that theyve been silent but its for good reason. Would you want to hear about this game early on and midway through only to be dissapointed at the end when its not what it was in the beginning?? Its inevitable with a game like this things are going to change and ideas are going to go in a different direction. This games gonna be huge and they wanna make sure they have everything near perfect and dialed in before they reveal it. You have to remember that these guys spend millions of dollars and years of their lives working on it day and night. Their careers and comoany rely on the fact that they live up to their reputation...which is very highly regarded in gaming circles. Like i said i get it its frustrating. But you have to consider things from their point of view.

I want to clarify this i don't support the leak stealing other work is something i find disgusting.. But in other hands i feel upset by this company because there is nothing that could justify the totally lack of basic information... and with basic information i mean:

Will be FPP TPP or both?
What kind of game that will be? Isometric? third person open world? First person open world?

And that is absolutely unacceptable and is a really great lack of respect for me.. but i am sure also for others that supported them since their first videogame release... Is frustrating...

is also frustrating to read "If you are looking forward to play Cyberpunk2077 it would be best for you to avoid any information not coming directly from CD PROJECT RED"

Well yes thank you...

Then please actually:

Release----some-----Information!

Dude its their game they made it. They dont have to tell us shit. If you dont like it and are that upset about it then all i can tell you is dont buy the game.

The news stream about CP77 may be a bit funny, since if somebody said that it will be isometric party/warframelike/adventure/mmo/vr experience i would not even be suprised.
The thing is that game (especially new ip) could be subject of some radical changes during process, especially connected with change of scope, and writing off some ambicious features which technology is not yet ready.
I dont care much. Aproach "will be released when ready" is only good one. And it is not worth to start the hype train earilier than 1 year. In long term it will be worse to release news which are no longer true.

DarthRaver8686;n8847870 said:
Dude its their game they made it. They dont have to tell us shit. If you dont like it and are that upset about it then all i can tell you is dont buy the game.

First i refuse to believe after years they have nothing to tell... Secon may be their game but we are the ones that are supposed to spend their money buy it... and i would and will gladly do that... Now i understand if it was only a couple of year we were waiting but we are talking about several years... In the meaintime i changed home twice... i switched work 3 times... My brother went to work in spain and come back after 2 years...

Is not like i am impatient... Is because now are several years and we don't have a shred of news.

Top Bottom