CDPR - Here is how you fix the fashion.

+

Do you think this changes will make the fashion better?

• Total voters
The most valid complaint i have seen on the forums so far is how fashion is handled, i get it. As a fan of MMORPG but also dressing up my character, i hate having to choose between style and stats, because the end result always has you looking like a clown so you dont stall on progression.

I love the foundation of the current Armor system, i just think it should be changed to allow for more freedom. My suggestion here is simple, you dont need to reinvent the wheel, a game exists that has the same gear system CDPR has chosen to model is gearing after, a few tweaks and it will be perfect. That game is one of my favourites (which also suffered from this issue early on until it embraced this system) Star wars the old republic. Now for people who dont know what that loot system looks like, please watch this video to make what i am about to say easier to process.

The clothing gear system in cyberpunk appears to be as follows:
  1. The look of gear can be completely random, including colour scheme. There is nothing that says netrunner gear will be hacking oriented or military gear will boost rifle damage.
  2. The Gear appears to show up 1 of two ways:
    1. Armor with no mod slots
    2. Armor with random number of mod
  3. The gears auxiliary stats are based on the mods, not the item.
  4. Mod slots are random, but the maximum available slots are based on rarity:
    • White, green 0 to 1 mod slots.
    • Blue, purple 0 to 2 mod slots
    • Orange 0 to 4 mod slots
  5. SIMILAR MODS DO NOT STACK, even if the game lets you.

Knowing these rules i propose the following changes:

1. Armor will now be based on a new slot item called Inner Weaves, and will be what players seek to take out of found clothing along with mods when out looting in the world of night city. The Armor value of the item will be based on the level of the inner weave. The rarity of the item will be based on the rarity of the inner weave. Players would be able to remove all inner weaves which would result in its destruction but allow player to place their own inner weave in of better quality. the ability to recover this inner weave will be based on the players crafting ability.
    • Inner weaves will exist for every slot with the following designations:
      • Head Inner weave - for helmets and head slot items
      • Face Inner weave- for masks, sunglasses, headwear items
      • Outerwear Inner Weave - for Outer Torso items
      • Under Weave inner weave - for inner Torso item
      • Legging Inner weave - for Leg items
      • Orthotic Insert Inner Weave - For Feet items
  2. All Store bought clothing will have a minimum of an empty weave slot and 1 Empty mod slot
  3. Crafted clothing will have a minimum of an empty weave slot , number of mod slots will be based on crafting level and RNG
  4. Dropped clothing Will always have a minimum of 1 inner weave of random rarity, and 1 mod slot. Whether that mod slot is empty or filled with a mod will be completely up to RNG.
  5. FOUND hand made legendary clothing that is always acquired from the same place due to game design/lore will always be found with a legendary inner weave and 4 empty mod slots. Any special effects this item has will be tied to the legendary inner weave and locked to that item, even crafters would not be able to remove it without destroying it (iconic clothing should be iconic, i know point of this thread but i still feel if you want the effect of iconic clothing you should have to wear it)
  6. All mods should be removable with an increasing chance to fail and destroy the mod based on crafting skill and rarity of the mod you're trying to remove. (White mods almost a guaranteed success, where as legendary mods would be a guarantee fail without the right perks and crafting level).
These changes alone would allow players to use any piece of clothing they like without having to sacrifice stats.

How do you make crafting, upgrading and rarity work in cyberpunk in this system? With these rules:
  1. Based once again on the Inner Weave will determine the Rarity and Armor value the item provides, the Mods will determine the special effects
  2. Blue or higher inner weaves will have a chance to show up with special effects such as increased chance to shock, increased evasion, increased chance to bleed, etc with its effectiveness determined by rarity of the weave.
  3. Inner weaves upgrading will be upgradeable with 2 options:
    1. Reinforce (upgrade rarity)- White to green / Green to Blue / Blue to Purple / Purple to Orange
      • Epic and legendary Inner weaves would additional increase the effectiveness of attached mods by a percentage
    2. Upgrade - This would upgrade the Armor values
  4. CLOTHING now determines mod slots, new upgrade option on clothing be "Improve Design" Which will only have 4 levels(store bought clothing can have no mod slots), each level resulting in 1 additional mod slot up to a maximum of 4. This upgrade will cost a combination of Eddies, upgrade components ranging from blue, purple to orange.
  5. Values, Cost and materials to be determined by dev team for balance reasons. But my idea would be 1% increase of damage stats and 2% increase of defensive stats per level of upgrade or something along those lines.
Finally, add the ability to show or hide any piece of gear that is equipped for people who like to hide their helmet, or their shirt or jacket, etc. So players will not lose the stats associated with that slot for the fashion!

With these changes, i think the gearing system would be future proofed for single player and multiplayer.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

The most valid complaint i have seen on the forums so far is how fashion is handled, i get it. As a fan of MMORPG but also dressing up my character, i hate having to choose between style and stats, because the end result always has you looking like a clown so you dont stall on progression.

I love the foundation of the current Armor system, i just think it should be changed to allow for more freedom. My suggestion here is simple, you dont need to reinvent the wheel, a game exists that has the same gear system CDPR has chosen to model is gearing after, a few tweaks and it will be perfect. That game is one of my favourites (which also suffered from this issue early on until it embraced this system) Star wars the old republic. Now for people who dont know what that loot system looks like, please watch this video to make what i am about to say easier to process.

1. The look of gear can be completely random, including colour scheme. There is nothing that says netrunner gear will be hacking oriented or military gear will boost rifle damage.

1. Armor will now be based on a new slot item called Inner Weaves, and will be what players seek to take out of found clothing along with mods when out looting in the world of night city. The Armor value of the item will be based on the level of the inner weave. The rarity of the item will be based on the rarity of the inner weave. Players would be able to remove all inner weaves which would result in its destruction but allow player to place their own inner weave in of better quality. the ability to recover this inner weave will be based on the players crafting ability.
  2. All Store bought clothing will have a minimum of an empty weave slot and 1 Empty mod slot
  3. Crafted clothing will have a minimum of an empty weave slot , number of mod slots will be based on crafting level and RNG
  4. Dropped clothing Will always have a minimum of 1 inner weave of random rarity, and 1 mod slot. Whether that mod slot is empty or filled with a mod will be completely up to RNG.
  5. FOUND hand made legendary clothing that is always acquired from the same place due to game design/lore will always be found with a legendary inner weave and 4 empty mod slots. Any special effects this item has will be tied to the legendary inner weave and locked to that item, even crafters would not be able to remove it without destroying it (iconic clothing should be iconic, i know point of this thread but i still feel if you want the effect of iconic clothing you should have to wear it)
  6. All mods should be removable with an increasing chance to fail and destroy the mod based on crafting skill and rarity of the mod you're trying to remove. (White mods almost a guaranteed success, where as legendary mods would be a guarantee fail without the right perks and crafting level).
These changes alone would allow players to use any piece of clothing they like without having to sacrifice stats.

How do you make crafting, upgrading and rarity work in cyberpunk in this system? With these rules:
  1. Based once again on the Inner Weave will determine the Rarity and Armor value the item provides, the Mods will determine the special effects
  2. Blue or higher inner weaves will have a chance to show up with special effects such as increased chance to shock, increased evasion, increased chance to bleed, etc with its effectiveness determined by rarity of the weave.
    1. Reinforce (upgrade rarity)- White to green / Green to Blue / Blue to Purple / Purple to Orange
      • Epic and legendary Inner weaves would additional increase the effectiveness of attached mods by a percentage
  4. CLOTHING now determines mod slots, new upgrade option on clothing be "Improve Design" Which will only have 4 levels(store bought clothing can have no mod slots), each level resulting in 1 additional mod slot up to a maximum of 4. This upgrade will cost a combination of Eddies, upgrade components ranging from blue, purple to orange.
  5. Values, Cost and materials to be determined by dev team for balance reasons. But my idea would be 1% increase of damage stats and 2% increase of defensive stats per level of upgrade or something along those lines.

With these changes, i think the gearing system would be future proofed for single player and multiplayer.
From what I can tell you can already find various clothing with similar stats so I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes. I'm pretty sure you can craft, purchase or find legendary equipment from Kitsch to Neomilitarism and if one is maybe slightly less powerful than the other you can use mods to power them up and a few points difference in armor is usually negligible anyway so not sure why this would be necessary

This is very well thought out and put together. I think this will make a huge leap in the fashion and looks aspect of the game. I'll link this post in my Thread too, under the clothing section! Please do check it out if you can come up with more features or fixes!

NOTE: MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS!

I love the game! Thank you so much for a great game CDPR! However, these are my concerns and suggestions about the game although I am satisfied with how Nudity is right now, It is included as it is very high in demand. Hope they are fixed or added. Just because I am stating these does not mean that there are no aspects of the game I love. There are many in fact.

These are a list of features I have noticed and in my opinion need some working to do upon or to be added as was either promised or expected by me. If anyone can add on any features to the thread I will do my best to compile them into this one.
It is important that these suggestions go to the CDPR team and needs to be in a concise location so they can easily access and work upon or even take notice. Let me start.

Optimization is Obviously a huge concern and I know it has been stated enough so I have omitted most aspects of it.

Features I would like to be added or improved upon

Character Customization
  • You can never have TOO MUCH of character creation. Need more CDPR, Give us body height, weight, shape, hairstyles, eyes, face shapes etc.
  • More Clothes and styling. Night City was advertised was a City where your looks are the most important and how it mattered to every choice you make.
  • Where are all the Saloons/ Cosmetic Surgeons or Ripperdocs/ Nail and Hairdressers? In game character customization is close to zero.
  • A way to preview clothes before you buy them from shops! I'm not asking to copy the GTA mechanic of buying clothes but perhaps a thought to be considered? Maybe like an interactive dressing room. The way we buy clothes right now is so Basic and games have been implementing it since a decade like Skyrim.
  • Hide Clothing option for people who want the stats on the clothing but don't want the clothes to show, especially with hats and facewear.
  • Transmog : Changing clothes style with different stats. Or even upgrading their stats without changing the look and vice versa. This is a must in 2020 rpg gaming imo.
  • Ability to Dye Clothes and change colors.
  • Cyberware mod or just a flashlight to see better in darker areas! I change gamma way too often.

AI
  • This is probably the most disappointing aspect of the game for most who wanted immersion. The AI is no where up to par in my opinions. Probably needs a huge overhaul.
  • Police AI is hideous, they just spawn on the player.​
  • Traffic AI is not very immersive. Honking cars seems to work like its supposed to but its too basic. The cars just get stuck by themselves and do nothing but just stay on the street.​
  • I really thought NPC AI would come to me and call me a "Joytoy" or "Sl*t" if I walked around naked. But that does not seem to be the case, at least that's what I gathered from the advertising, I could have misunderstood, still a cool feature maybe. These kind of AI interactions make it "next gen gaming".
  • The more I play the game, the more I find the AI dumber. In the starting I saw the same NPC probably twice. But now 50 hours in, I have seen instances where two exact copies of NPC are beside each other with synced actions.

Shops and Bars : More interactive looking and functioning shops.
  • As stated before more shops : Barber shops/ Cosmetics/ Furniture Shops/ Exclusive gun shops like only snipers/pistols/katanas type.
  • Also I noticed, MOST of the cool looking shops are closed lol, as in non interactable, please open them.
  • If I could actually Interact with the Bartender and have a Drink cinematic scene instead of just buying from the store and getting it into my inventory. Maybe have a dialogue with the bartender etc.
  • Same as the Last Point but with Restaurants, Shops, Bars, etc would be nice.
  • Ripperdocs : Installing Cyberware and Cybernetic parts is so underwhelming. The first scene is very immersive with Viktor, but then its so damn flat. Need at least an explanatory dialogue about the implant and or a conversation with the ripperdoc before getting the implant to ease into it. You can not just make it buy and install like any other market mechanic and expect it to be immersive or satisfying.

Home
Better Home Interaction! I might be saying some points which might already have been implemented here and maybe I just haven't discovered during my play.
  • A way to Add furniture.
  • Expansion of house.
  • More home services like adding a selling machine, Teleport station, Cybernetic upgrades, Mini Bar, etc.
  • Vehicle Garage?
  • Pets! They don't need to be of living kind, they can be Mecha bots or something similar.

Romance : More Romance Options. All Gender compatibility. NPC Romance.
  • Too little options as of now. Enough Said.

Public and Private Transport
  • Metro System.
  • AV / Basilisk (flying car) system for transport would be cool.
  • Cars feel like they have no gravity or downward force. No heaviness leading to janky driving feel.
  • Adjustable Seat Height In first person PLEASE! I love driving in first person for the immersion but in some cars I can not even see what's in front of the car in first person.
  • This might be a bit too much to ask for in the early stages but flying vehicles (AVs) which we can control like how we can control a car for sure.
  • Better Driving physics, the drifting of a car seems very janky to me.
  • Expensive vehicles should be better in at least some aspect i.e. Looks / Performance Stats etc.

Nudity
  • Censorship of the genitals should be removed. The boxers should be gone even when in FPP view or looking in the mirror or taking a shower. At least in home instance.

Miscellaneous and Bugs
  • FOV changes automatically sometimes.
  • Countering Strong attacks or "Defensive attacks" audio is very rough and glitched.
  • Pinging (Ping quickhack) in some areas generates too many particles and crashes the game and even many computers. //Update this with the location//
  • You can not run after a quick combo in combat and are stuck with walking until you restart the game or do a "Joytoy scene".
  • Do not Disturb mode and Decline Calls and Messages in game.
  • General feet going through ground and glitching out. Enemies dying and getting stuck in objects. Running over NPCS can sometimes can cause them to be stuck in you and throw the car in different directions and screw up the physics, etc.
  • Add an Interface for selecting different load games; a Character Selection Screen. I am playing 3 different lifepaths without wanting to delete any character and every time I have to go to the load game menu and squint my eyes to find where "Nomad" "Corpo" or "Street Kid" are written. Why not have a Character selection screen which acts the same as Load game screen.
  • Fix the speed acceleration or friction on game objects such as fences, rails, side paths, barbed wire etc. Jumping and running on them accelerated me to unbelievable amount of speeds.
  • Bunny Hops or constant jumping while doing a combination of aiming your gun and scanning with TAB are broken. You travel faster than a jet.
  • Double tap of WSAD to dodge should be remapped for default settings.
  • Pressing C to skip dialogues and C to crouch is very irritating, so this should be switched to default too.
  • Ability to Decline Calls which are not related to story progressions. These calls tend to completely disrupt the current activity especially when my character is already in a dialogue sequence.
  • Weapons Inventory UI is very bad, there is a better mockup here by the user @Pythonx7 which I have attached below to the forum post. Also fix the bugs which refresh the page on disassembly of guns.

These are the prime concerns and suggestions at the top of my head. Again, these are all features which should be added in my opinion, and from the general observable majority of the players. But If Night City is going to be the City of Next Gen Gaming, then these are fair suggestions imo.

PS: I tried my best trying to edit and beautify the post. Sorry if I did a bad job with it, first post. Tell me what I can edit and improve and I WILL do ASAP!.

I have played swtor as well. I do like how you can pull mods and all stats come with it... But I still think that would require too much dev work to make happen here.. my suggestion which is also posted on the forums is to allow us to mix and match gear we pick up and then create a "snap shot" of how it looks and equip it in the "special" slot which is already there for asthetic purposes anyway.

I have played swtor as well. I do like how you can pull mods and all stats come with it... But I still think that would require too much dev work to make happen here.. my suggestion which is also posted on the forums is to allow us to mix and match gear we pick up and then create a "snap shot" of how it looks and equip it in the "special" slot which is already there for asthetic purposes anyway.
This is an easy solution, but breaks immersion a bit. Like you have an invisible set of gear. Better would be something like transitioning stat bonuses via crafting. Just something simple like: "Ugly Pants +5" and move +5 bonus to "Sexy Dope Trunks". Via mods suggested above or in more plain variant like stats transfer without any technical explanation. What will make things more interesting - you can make some gear non-transferable. High-tech armor stats can't be transferred on a simple tee. If you want to min-max, you should stop caring about looks. Or have an option to add pics or custom colors on high-tech gear. It will be a lot more interesting than what we got. Just a bit more player agency.

From what I can tell you can already find various clothing with similar stats so I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes. I'm pretty sure you can craft, purchase or find legendary equipment from Kitsch to Neomilitarism and if one is maybe slightly less powerful than the other you can use mods to power them up and a few points difference in armor is usually negligible anyway so not sure why this would be necessary
I maxed out crafting, the rng involved with finding the colors and rarity you want is far to high. Also, crafting is one hell of an investment, 18 points, id rather not have a system that forces everyone down the crafting route just so they dont look like krusty the clown when exploring night city.

And clothing mods include crit chance, crit damage, flat damage , immunity tostatus effects. its way more than armor...
Post automatically merged:

Not really, the system already does this. Most of gear you find is modular, the only difference is, you cant change the look or rarity. So if you find something white that you like, it stays white, with no mod slots and no way of changing it.

A secondary outfit overlay system that MMORPGS have for costumes could also work, see final fantasy 14 glamor system for examples of that.
Post automatically merged:

This is very well thought out and put together. I think this will make a huge leap in the fashion and looks aspect of the game. I'll link this post in my Thread too, under the clothing section! Please do check it out if you can come up with more features or fixes!
I have a feeling the multiplayer in cyberpunk will be GTA meets boarderlands. I think we will be able to create our own character, which might fix some of the suggestions you have made with the character creation height and weight sliders, but that is just a guess.

To be honest the fastest solution to the current system, would be for clothing to not have any armor values and any mod slots and be purely cosmetic and ideally influence how characters and npcs interact to you since fashion in this game follows trends related to street, nomad and corpo.

What I feel would solve the issue instantly is instead of giving armor values and mod slots to clothing, just add more mod slots to cyberware and let us put armor valued mods and weight and movement mods etc. in those slots on cyberware. That way you will have more of those mods drop you can craft and mix them to make better ones and simply apply, the amout you find in world and how you decide to implement them on you gives you progression. And then clothing rarity can be just a thing of achievement and exploration and collection/vanity farm. And not to mention entirely optional what to wear.

Top Bottom