CDPR: I wanna play like this......ALWAYS. (Video inside)

+
CDPR: I wanna play like this......ALWAYS. (Video inside)

I'm playing on PS4, but I didn't realize at first why it was like this. I thought it was a glitch but then realized why it's happening. But anyways, I want to play like this always. As for walking, I am fully pushing the L stick all the way in my walking direction, cranked fully. And I do not jog. If I wanted to jog, I would single press and hold the X button. If I want to sprint, I could double press and hold the
X button.

I like this and wish I could have played like this the entire game. Camera zoomed in like this and able to walk with my L stick fully crank in whatever direction I wanna walk.

http://youtu.be/oGOyMmOmoGg

Yeah. I like that as well.
I would like the control scheme u suggested because then i couldnt jog and look around at the same time, but i WOULD love to just click the left thumb stick and go into walk-mode.

Maybe the PC will get a mod like that some day.

-- off topic post --

This is so extremely offtopic and the sole purpose of your post is to provoke. Don't do something like that.

I play on the PC with a controller, it is much more convenient. I also like the style suggested by OP and already seen in GTA5. Would be perfect for harvesting herbs or looting as the controls would be much more precise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing on PS4, but I didn't realize at first why it was like this. I thought it was a glitch but then realized why it's happening. But anyways, I want to play like this always. As for walking, I am fully pushing the L stick all the way in my walking direction, cranked fully. And I do not jog. If I wanted to jog, I would single press and hold the X button. If I want to sprint, I could double press and hold the
X button.

I like this and wish I could have played like this the entire game. Camera zoomed in like this and able to walk with my L stick fully crank in whatever direction I wanna walk.

GREAT IDEA! That sounds like the perfect solution, now all players that just want to walk finally can.
LS=Walk Hold X= Jog Double Tap X=Sprint I wonder if they could patch this too @Marcin Momot ;)

wait how you managed to walk around outside zoomed in?! wanna have this ,too!

If you look very closely on the top mid-left, you'll see the "overburdened" word. Meaning I am carrying too much. So if you want to do this for the rest of your game, you'll have to carry more stuff until you are overburdened.

The downfall to this is that you cannot run, at any time. If you want to travel faster, call roach. But if you get caught against monsters somewhere, and need to flee, you cannot. Calling roach if you're already walking may be an option unless he gets scared and runs off before you can jump on him.

But this video was just a demonstration to CDPR to get this in a patch for all platforms but with the ability to walk, jog and sprint without being overburdened.

Yeah. I like that as well.
I would like the control scheme u suggested because then i couldnt jog and look around at the same time, but i WOULD love to just click the left thumb stick and go into walk-mode.

Maybe the PC will get a mod like that some day.

Pc has a toggle to walk/jog + shift to sprint. no need to mod it.

keyboard = more buttons so easier to use a button to create the toggle. i am not familiar with the controller so have no idea if they have a button available to make a toggle.

Last edited:
If you look very closely on the top mid-left, you'll see the "overburdened" word. Meaning I am carrying too much. So if you want to do this for the rest of your game, you'll have to carry more stuff until you are overburdened.

The downfall to this is that you cannot run, at any time. If you want to travel faster, call roach. But if you get caught against monsters somewhere, and need to flee, you cannot. Calling roach if you're already walking may be an option unless he gets scared and runs off before you can jump on him.

But this video was just a demonstration to CDPR to get this in a patch for all platforms but with the ability to walk, jog and sprint without being overburdened.

If close enough you can 'flee' by dodging or rolling away.
Not much help against e.g. a Leshen with it's root attack though (or archers).

Pc has a toggle to walk/jog + shift to sprint. no need to mod it.

keyboard = more buttons so easier to use a button to create the toggle. i am not familiar with the controller so have no idea if they have a button available to make a toggle.

Well on ps4, L3 double clicked calls Roach, CDPR could have used a one click of L3 to toggle walk and jog. I don't understand how a developer could make a control scheme for a console before PC.

Simple would have been make the PC controls first then apply them to a controller like how it's applied to a keyboard. For example, walk and jog toggle on PC. Why wouldn't a toggle be on controller (L3).

Well on ps4, L3 double clicked calls Roach, CDPR could have used a one click of L3 to toggle walk and jog. I don't understand how a developer could make a control scheme for a console before PC.

Simple would have been make the PC controls first then apply them to a controller like how it's applied to a keyboard. For example, walk and jog toggle on PC. Why wouldn't a toggle be on controller (L3).

I can't say. I have zero familiarity with controllers the last controller i owned had one button, it for the atari 2600. So I don't know why the controllers are configured as they are and i am not familiar with controllers layout for witcher 3.

I was just saying that the PC does have a walk/jog toggle so there was no need to mod it. I found it odd that someone referenced the PC and a could mod to fix this when it is part of teh default controls of the pc.

Totally agree. I actually choose to play overburdened just to have the closer camera.

I haven't run into any problems not being able to run so far, but obviously I would still prefer to be able to run. Your idea sounds perfect. I hope we can get an update that will allow this method. If not I hope there will be a mod for it soon.

An excellent way to limit your view of the battlefield and handicap your ability to know where enemies are.

PRO TIP: While overburdened you can still DODGE and ROLL, pull out either sword and continuously dodge and you will keep on dodging, to roll you have to alternate dodge and roll as you will put your sword away otherwise, but you can still move fast while overburdened... You just dance your troubles away with DODGE and ROLL like Kevin Bacon in Footloose!

I've never really had a problem. The camera still zooms out during combat.

Yeah. Anyone remember Gothic 4? One good thing it did: closer, more intimate camera for hooning about, then a zoomed out mode for battle awareness.

I'd love that.

I really don't like how Geralt seems to float along the ground at his normal running pace (walking is fine, especially how he leans into hills), and this floatiness is hidden when the camera is close.

Roach, on the other hand: I LOVE his sense of weight and ground hugging solidity. Don't mess with him!

X button.

Yeah, that is a great idea and I'd love to see that coming in a patch.

PRO TIP: While overburdened you can still DODGE and ROLL, pull out either sword and continuously dodge and you will keep on dodging, to roll you have to alternate dodge and roll as you will put your sword away otherwise, but you can still move fast while overburdened... You just dance your troubles away with DODGE and ROLL like Kevin Bacon in Footloose!

My Geralt only jumps or does nothing pressing the dodge or roll button with sword out while overburdened.

View while overburdened is much better than the normal view, having this view while running would be superb.

Last edited:
I would like to see a walk mode with this view either! In close quarters its a bit annoying with the Thumb sticks, a click on L3 (PS4) should get you into this view whenever you want!

EDIT: And you should be able to stay in this view while in combat. I think fights would be more immense in this close view. Please make this happen CDPR!

Last edited:
Top Bottom