CDPR is awesome and Here is a Picture explaining why!!!

+
CDPR is awesome and Here is a Picture explaining why!!!

Saw a guy post this on Steam as to why People are pre-ordering This game. He made a Picto-gram that is EPIC!!!! Really nails the Why!!!!!
Please take a look. I know he nailed the reason why i pre-prdered the CE W3 for PC

I salute thee CDPR!!!!:hatsoff:

Attachments

• iTtWxsj.jpg
    iTtWxsj.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 47
I apologize if it hard to read if somebody can re-post it "Bigger" that would be awesome......So worth the read or you can save it and then enlarge it to read

I may add that the version posted by @War Machine is the unedited version, which has some false/unexplained statements in it, which used to cause a little "debate".

It's actually only one line after the text about the first Witcher game and regarding the DRM: *Original had Tages, Steam & GOG don't have any.

Here's the version with the line about the DRM for anyone interested.

http://imgur.com/pr2RKcT

Last edited:
I may add that the version posted by @War Machine is the unedited version, which has some false/unexplained statements in it, which used to cause a little "debate".

It's actually only one line after the text about the first Witcher game and regarding the DRM: *Original had Tages, Steam & GOG don't have any.

Here's the version with the line about the DRM for anyone interested.

http://imgur.com/pr2RKcT

I never heard of Tages before now. Looking it up it's actually not as bad as other DRM it seems (more of a simple disk copy protection, than something that interferes with your system, ownership or game play). It should be pointed out that TW2 had DRM as well for like 1 week before it was patched out. But yeah ever since those days CDPR has decided to stop using it altogether.

Last edited:
I never heard of Tages before now. Looking it up it's actually not as bad as other DRM it seems (more of a simple disk copy protection, than something that interferes with your system, ownership or game play). It should be pointed out that TW2 had DRM as well for like 1 week before it was patched out. But yeah ever since those days CDPR has decided to stop using it altogether.

Tages was horrible.........................

I see. What did it do that the articles were hiding?

I have bad memories when it comes to Tages, it was horrible.

I often couldn't play games from my original discs because Tages messed up.
My CD-ROM had a major problem with it, because Tages employs the twin sector method.

I have bad memories when it comes to Tages, it was horrible.

I often couldn't play games from my original discs because Tages messed up.
My CD-ROM had a major problem with it, because Tages employs the twin sector method.

That is actually what I read up. I guess it sounded better on paper than in execution :(

That is actually what I read up. I guess it sounded better on paper than in execution :(

You know, I think DRM really is pointless~
I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't annoy me, but I don't understand why companies sink time and money into it.

I feel like it's the wrong approach to the problem of sales.
DRM often causes more complications for people who buy the games, then for people who pirate them.

GOG.com/CDPR has found the right solution to the issue:
They don't focus on punishing piracy, but on rewarding honest customers instead.

I really appreciated the loyalty discount they offered for TW3~

You know, I think DRM really is pointless~
I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't annoy me, but I don't understand why companies sink time and money into it.

I feel like it's the wrong approach to the problem of sales.
DRM often causes more complications for people who buy the games, then for people who pirate them.

GOG.com/CDPR has found the right approach:
They don't focus on punishing piracy, but on rewarding honest customers instead.
I really appreciated the loyalty discount they offered for TW3~

Ah yes I was never a supporter for it. This is why I shop at GOG when I can. I was just curious, I have been on the wrong end of securom and starforce in the past so I guess I saw a lesser evil.

Of course if I am to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all :p

9 times out of 10 people that downloaded a pirated copy of a game will access that game more easily than people that bought it legitimately. Drag and drop crack, launch game vs. weird authentication methods or some other shit companies come up with nowadays (lol always online).

Crack groups are offering a better service than the companies that sell these games, for free even. It shows in what a sorry state the gaming industry is. That's why I appreciate what CDPR and GOG are doing, treat your customer like goddamn human being and not like a potential thief, it's fucking degrading.

(I'm in no way advocating piracy, it's just a comparison to put things into perspective.)

I see. What did it do that the articles were hiding?

On TW2, it also meant that when Windows 7 came out the game wouldn't work any more, it was a major cause of the performance issues of the first version, and the removal was a PITA.

On the positive side, the nightmare of Tages is probably one reason why we got the free GOG backup (easier than trying to update your disk copy through patching) and why TW3 retail will be DRM-free.

On the positive side, the nightmare of Tages is probably one reason why we got the free GOG backup (easier than trying to update your disk copy through patching) and why TW3 retail will be DRM-free.

That's exactly my trail of thought, Dragonbird.

I vividly remember the patch notes for W1's Enhanced Edition; "Loading times reduced by 90%."

Ever since the Witcher 1, I was scared of entering doors in RPGs.
Luckily the Enhanced Edition cut the loading times and cured that fear~

Top Bottom