CDPR is treating console players shockingly bad (change my mind....)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your're right.

The XBox One version of Thronebreaker still is without patch.

The Deck Builder was extremely laggy and unplayable upon launch.

The recent economy change is really unfair to veteran players who missed this deadline.

Not to mention premiums will only work on the currently selected card.

So this was a bad launch.

And the thing is - is this actually a better version of the game? I really don't so.

It's disappointing. Oh ya and the delay of the console version too!

Not here to change your mind, as much as I would like to do so and defend CDPR, I cannot do that as a console player currently.

The reason for that is everything that went wrong together really makes me feel mistreated as a player who spent more time and especially money into this game than into most other online games I have ever played. In no other online game did I make an in-game purchase over maybe 10$ so I do really like this game and I did not shy away from supporting this game with my own money.

And to clarify what I said, I feel mistreated because of the combination of
- the long delay
- missing full premium mode with no serious update on it
- lack of communication lately, the ask-a-dev thread in particular seems more like a ask-a-dev-and-pray-not-to-be-disrespectes-by-being-ignored thread.
-the fact that they are wasting time working on the economy before even addressing much more important issues and other content, like seasonal trees
- and lastly the ... *ahem*... lack of a Cahir avatar

I still love the game and I still love CDPR and all the devs working on Gwent otherwise I wouldn't be here investing my time into typing this. It's just that I think they could improve some things and I am sure they will. I still feel the need to adress something negative when I see it though.

Edit: By the way I would never go as far as calling it a disaster though, the launch was and is being mishandled for sure but the game itself now has a great foundation that can be built upon from now on. They also seemed to have realized what the core problems of the game are and are working on it which is a huge relief.

Last edited:
Edit: By the way I would never go as far as calling it a disaster though, the launch was and is being mishandled for sure but the game itself now has a great foundation that can be built upon from now on. They also seemed to have realized what the core problems of the game are and are working on it which is a huge relief.

It's hard for me not to call this a disaster on xbox when a month after release ranked is unplayable due to regular freezes/glitches. I automatically lose around 1/3 - 1/4 of all games I play. Then there's premiums not working and I just don't see the pay off for all of this. There are only a few things I can point to that might be a little better than what we had before and a long list of stuff that seems worse.

I have NO idea why game developers continue to use Unity. I am convinced had they licensed Unreal, that there wouldn't be any of these problems on console. Unity is so buggy and it has so many hidden flaws. I mean the marketing team at Unity must have mind control powers to get all these companies to buy in.

I can't stand the UI interface in the deck building screens. As I move around between cards I will suddenly jump to the top right or top left for no reason. If I hit right arrow on the d-pad or the joystick it sometimes goes to the next card, sometimes it jumps to a completely different area of the screen with no rhyme or reason. Two pushes, works fine, third push, jump somewhere else. What the heck. So frustrating moving around on the screen it drives me crazy.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
change my mind...

You forgot something:
cmm.jpg

You are wrong, mate. CDPR is treating ALL players shockingly bad.

I could elaborate, but there are enough topics on these forums.

Just a single change to crafting premiums speaks volumes. The game is in the worst state it's ever been and they think about monetization?

Did I change your mind?

You are wrong, mate. CDPR is treating ALL players shockingly bad.

I could elaborate, but there are enough topics on these forums.

Just a single change to crafting premiums speaks volumes. The game is in the worst state it's ever been and they think about monetization?

Did I change your mind?

We can both be right although I would argue xbox players have it the worst. Your premium cards work right?

They just did an entire stream and didn't mention this issue once.

I don't know how anyone can argue that they care about console players at all.

How's thronebreaker on ps4 ? I wanna buy it but i wanna playt it also, not to wait for some patches to fix it...

I understand that the animated cards are an in-game feature that should work as advertised but is it really a deal breaker for some if they're not animated on the battlefield?

I think the focus should be on meta/card balance and gameplay improvements before general aesthetic.

I understand that the animated cards are an in-game feature that should work as advertised but is it really a deal breaker for some if they're not animated on the battlefield?

I think the focus should be on meta/card balance and gameplay improvements before general aesthetic.

The game definitely has to work overall before anything else. However I would say that the premium cards are just as important as the latest balance tweaks. You can't ask for players money to get premium cards when they don't even work correctly. I also never would have made this thread if they would have at least made a statement about this issue and how they plan on fixing it ASAP. It has been over a month now with nothing like that from them. They appear to be ignoring that it exists.

You have to admit though: it is kinda refreshing that a game gets shafted when it gets ported from pc to console, usually its the other way round ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom