CDPR Just Hired MODDERS to Help Fix Cyberpunk 2077 & Add Mod Support

+
Ah, I see. I am lucky enough to have it on pc, I just wish everyone could experience the joy of modding like pc users do...
i do agree with this, but sadly its never gonna be exactly the same i think by the way they do it. Pc is a very open market with possibilitys that just dont exist aslong as consoles arent as open and thats not gonna happend i think. one can dream tho :D

The February incident has nothing to do with this thread, especially when it starts to go into real-world politics. Posts deleted.

they're the first ones to crack open the archives and allow modding through their command line tool so they were the most likely candidate anyway. i'm willing to be they have more intuition and skill than some of the interns or skeleton crew they got at cdpr working on the game right now. that's not saying cdpr doesn't have elite level talent, but that the progress right now shows that they're mostly conserving their resources at the moment either towards a future project or something else. we need something substantial for cdpr content and programming wise and allowing world class modders like myself access to these tools will be game changing. we can do things cdpr devs may not be able to do.
Post automatically merged:

I could agree if there was no example on console. But if Bethesda managed to do it (as limited as it is), nothing seem "impossible" but highly unlikely :)

anyone who chooses to use consoles has no one else to blame but themselves for lack of modding ability. in fact console side of things discourages longevity

You're missing the point. @Trykz feel free to correct me if I'm missing it too but that's what I'm getting from your post.

The quality of mods is completely irrelevant. The sheer number of mods being created for Bethesda games is proof of the quality of their tools and the interest in their tools and mods in general. In fact, I would argue that the fact most of the mods available are amateurish is further proof that the tools are extremely powerful. Ms. and Mr. average can fire up those tools and produce something that they like or want and quickly introduce it into their game.

Hell, I got into Oblivion modding myself with no background whatsoever and created some fairly decent stuff. That's just how easy to use the tools are.

No other company even comes close to providing tools that powerful coupled with a game (and it's engine) so fundamentally mod friendly.

I'm not missing anything.
Bethesda gives you their SDK, so that's the reason why you can change/mod everything.
Btw, you have also S.T.A.L.K.E.R. modding community where you can mod everything. At your disposal you also have SDK.
TES and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. modding communities are the largest by far.

Yep, I also think that @Trykz you overstimate this number ;)
If it was also "important" as you think, why Bethesda is almost alone (especially on consoles...). If it represented any kind of possible income for Studios, I think Bethesda wouldn't be "alone" since a long time. All game would have their own modding tools and plenty of mods (or an easy way for create mods). But it's not the case, Bethesda is an exception.
Another example, Minecraft with very huge players base, with huge numbers of mods (the most popular have "alone" more than 200 millions of downloads) But players who use mods are a minority (I think less than 1%), so obviously Mojang (now Microsoft) don't care about mods :(

But if CDPR care about modding tools and mods, it already a great new... It's already better than most of studios :)

I tried Valve's "Hammer Editor" creating maps (Counter Strike: Source), so Bethesda isn't alone.

Though with Valve you could have both types of modded games: story and arena-fights.

An example is "Black Mesa" at Steam, made by modders, not Valve. It's basically a remaster of the first Half Life-game.

In fact, even if the modding tools for Cyberpunk are really good, and allows you to completely modify the game (to do like Bethesda), I imagine that if someone wants to add a "simple" new quest (wihtout use "shard system") with mods that will not look "all rotten" next to what the "base" game offers, he have to hang up and it's a huge job :)

Valve allows modding using their editor, both story and arena-maps.

The modders makes a complete remake of Half Life as shown in the trailer here:

How they got the deal with Valve to sell this on steam, I don't know, but good for them (It's in my library).

I tried Valve's "Hammer Editor" creating maps (Counter Strike: Source), so Bethesda isn't alone.
When I said "alone", it's in the sense where I'm almost certain that Bethesda planned & counted on mods even before the release of their games.
In my example, Minecraft is also popular for mods, not because mojang (they don't care about mods), but more to the great popularity of the game and even more to the "facility" to mod the game (it's "simply" java. I say "simple", but I think it's way more easier than Cyberpunk at least).

I'm interested to see if quests could be add to Cyberpunk and how it could look. Because for quests, you have to make V "talking" (and the other NPCs). If not, it could be weird (or if V have different voice...) :)

Though with Valve you could have both types of modded games: story and arena-fights.

An example is "Black Mesa" at Steam, made by modders, not Valve. It's basically a remaster of the first Half Life-game.

Valve allows modding using their editor, both story and arena-maps.

The modders makes a complete remake of Half Life as shown in the trailer here:

How they got the deal with Valve to sell this on steam, I don't know, but good for them (It's in my library).
It certainly sounds very tabletop friendly

When I said "alone", it's in the sense where I'm almost certain that Bethesda planned & counted on mods even before the release of their games.
In my example, Minecraft is also popular for mods, not because mojang (they don't care about mods), but more to the great popularity of the game and even more to the "facility" to mod the game (it's "simply" java. I say "simple", but I think it's way more easier than Cyberpunk at least).

I'm interested to see if quests could be add to Cyberpunk and how it could look. Because for quests, you have to make V "talking" (and the other NPCs). If not, it could be weird (or if V have different voice...) :)

There's softwre that can mimic voices, and with the big sample from in-game, modders could certainly use this software to create new dialogues. It's not optimal and I think of legal things, but it's a possibility.

There's softwre that can mimic voices, and with the big sample from in-game, modders could certainly use this software to create new dialogues. It's not optimal and I think of legal things, but it's a possibility.

Yep not bad, better than nothing at least :)
In any case, for add quests in Cyberpunk (good quests, not "shard quests" as in Fallout 76 type), it could ask a lot of work.

.. very very basic QOL features for PC that should have been in the full release to begin with like..
hotkeys ("1-9 hotbar") for useable items (food/quickswap grenades/different inhalers)
a dedicated button for arm mounted cyberware (so we can actually use those and grenade at the same time - you know, keyboards have buttons?)

basic bug fixes like the armor/damage calculation for certain weapons
the bug that makes it so netrunners can never again hack you

Better enemy AI, more enemy netrunner hacks?

All of which have been added by mods and all of which should have been priority fixes to the main game (rather than freaking longer angel/sky decisionmaking time)

The argument that consoles cant handle this or that without more processing power is cool but not valid whatsoever for stuff like a missing 1-9 hotkeys which is one of the most basic features PC games can have.

Top Bottom