CDPR Just Hired MODDERS to Help Fix Cyberpunk 2077 & Add Mod Support

+
CD Projekt Red has officially hired several Cyberpunk 2077 community modders to help work on the game.

1630347615987.png

Much encouragement CDPR !!!, if they contribute a good job forward !!!

Last edited:
Yes I just saw this video. This is very interesting and promising!
They finally realize that there are many talented people who want to contribute and make Cyberpunk bigger. It seems to me the best decision since December 10, 2020. CDPR will be in charge of setting the limits but seeing the quality of many of the mods, they should be in the game !!!!
Full Gameplay Rebalance
AI Netrunners Enhanced
Photo Mode Unlocked
DLSS 2.2.16 Update
Vendor Preview Dr1ve - A different vehicle handling experience
There are many very good mods !!!

Last edited:
Congrats to the newly hired, but I can only imagine what I'd feel like if the company I work for hired 4 semi-amateurs (no matter how good they are) to fix my mistakes...
Some of the talent that made this game possible may no longer be on CDPR and what remains is not enough for the advancements the game needs.

The modders through their free work are showing a lot of talent. It is a good way to have a chance at CDPR and find out what quality work they can bring to the game. Many mods are of great quality !!!

Great :)
But more than add mods (even "great", directly to the game (even if all is possible), I see that more as Bethesda-like. Release a full mod tools for modders and fully integrated mod support to the game (maybe even on consoles). The game itself, will stay the same "base" game. I don't expect a complete change... Even if it's good/great/awesome, personally, I don't want a "Full Gameplay Rebalance" in my game :(

Like try to not modifying directly the game files but maybe more add some mod's settings separatly who overlap the game settings (so if you want to return to a vanilla game, you can without any problem).

But anyway, it's a really good new :)

Great :)
But more than add mods (even "great", directly to the game (even if all is possible), I see that more as Bethesda-like. Release a full mod tools for modders and fully integrated mod support to the game (maybe even on consoles). The game itself, will stay the same "base" game. I don't expect a complete change... Even if it's good/great/awesome, personally, I don't want a "Full Gameplay Rebalance" in my game :(

Like try to not modifying directly the game files but maybe more add some mod's settings separatly who overlap the game settings (so if you want to return to a vanilla game, you can without any problem).

But anyway, it's a really good new :)
It was the surprise of the day. You don't have to do a deep mod, you know that a lot of the mods are really upgrades, not mods. Better driving of vehicles with higher speed capacity, more clothing, designs and colors, more options in character design, more car types and more colors available, inventory improvements, DLSS 2.2 that allows to have more fps . The modders fixed the fighting with Netrunners, the minimap, etc ... I think this decision will give us very good news in the coming months

CDPR never fails to surprise. So of all the IT wizards work at CDPR they need to hire modders to fix the game?!
Are these so good or does CDPR programmers lack the knowhow in fixing the game?
Lets hope this will bring the game closer to the vision and what was advertised over and over again.

Last edited:
It was the surprise of the day. You don't have to do a deep mod, you know that a lot of the mods are really upgrades, not mods. Better driving of vehicles with higher speed capacity, more clothing, designs and colors, more options in character design, more car types and more colors available, inventory improvements, DLSS 2.2 that allows to have more fps . The modders fixed the fighting with Netrunners, the minimap, etc ... I think this decision will give us very good news in the coming months
Some ideas, definitely yes (like customization) ;)
But with complete mod tool and full mod support in the game, those who want, can do it "easily and safely" and for those who don't want, they also can. It's the best for every one I think.
Exactly as Bethesda :)
If you want play vanilla game, you can.
If you want play with mods, but return to vanilla, you can.
And if you want an heavly modded game, you can.
(as easy as click on a button on main menu "disable/unable mods", it would be great)

Some of the talent that made this game possible may no longer be on CDPR
Personally I hope so, referring to those who fucked the game up, not all Devs. Surely there's a lot of excellent Devs in CDPR (the vast majority? No idea), but someone (maybe producers, maybe high managers, maybe director who didn't have a clear idea of what the game needed, just speculating here) fucked up for sure.

That being said, let's hope now the improvements will be big and quick.

1630347615987.png

Here's the screenshot for people who might not want to watch the video.

I'm not as optimistic as the video maker. I do not think they're hired to "to help fix the game". From this screenshot I can only guess that "backend work" along with "official mod support" could mean a few things.

My best guess is that either the tool will stay unofficial and they'll develop an entirely new tool with CDPR's help or they'll integrate Wolvenkit as an official tool. And "backend work" is something I guess means that they're either gonna work on making mods integrate better with the game itself -- or that mods can be even more expansive through altering the backend.

Less hacks, more official compatibility, that sort of stuff. I doubt they're gonna be doing much patch work. CDPR probably was already planning on doing something official with mods and this is just an easy integration for them.

Suppose that’s a good thing of sorts. So congrats to the chosen ones.

But I can’t expect them to do any of the changes I’d deem necessary. Like making the character systems and perk trees to better resemble an RPG (rather than simply working towards increasing damage and armor) and affect the hands on gameplay in more tangible ways, fixing the dullminded itemization and crafting, repurposing smart guns, enhancing the level of world interactivity through the characterbuild, making the underdesogned lifepath choices matter more than few dialog options, etc.

That being said, let's hope now the improvements will be big and quick.

big? quick? I suggest you to not hold your breath...
Suppose that’s a good thing of sorts. So congrats to the chosen ones.

But I can’t expect them to do any of the changes I’d deem necessary. Like making the character systems and perk trees to better resemble an RPG (rather than simply working towards increasing damage and armor) and affect the hands on gameplay in more tangible ways, fixing the dullminded itemization and crafting, repurposing smart guns, enhancing the level of world interactivity through the characterbuild, making the underdesogned lifepath choices matter more than few dialog options, etc.
so basically they need to redone the game :ROFLMAO:

This was a good PR move by CDPR. I just hope people don't hype themselves up about what the modders can/will do

Modders can work absolute magic, just look at Skyrim or FO3 /FO4/FONV. We absolutely need to manage our expectations, but this is most certainly a good step, non the less.

Top Bottom