CDPR made one little mistake and people are going crazy.

+
I think people are being a little harsh, honestly.

You know, I've played a lot of Early Access games in my time - and this is not THAT bad. It shows a lot of promise in my opinion. A lot of the underlying systems are implemented, they just need a few months of balance passes and extra work to make things flow better.

Ok, so they accidentally called it a "full release" - and that's unfortunate, but - aside from that - it shows a ton of promise.

As soon as they implement the AI, fine-tune the driving, and add some challenge to the difficulty levels (and, especially, the promised Hardcore mode) - I think it will be much better, and once we're in Beta - it'll seem much more polished.

So, chill people - and wait for the actual release before you condemn this work-in-progress!
Their one mistake is they sold us Blood & Wine as a $60 game, they got fucking greedy end of story.

Poe's Law applies.

""without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied."

I really thought the sarcasm was obvious, I guess not :)

Teaches me to add smileys next time.
What that was sarcasm????
I thought you were serious, same as some others, who answered to the thread.

Seriously, thanks for a good laugh...
Cheers mate, my thoughts exactly

I haven't played the game yet.
But I know it's a pretty good one, xeep below its bugs and glitches.
Still, it would be great to have the cut content they promised during marketing, but most of all an actual good AI (at least one that lets enemies take cover during shootouts, dammit!)

Is there a way to see if CDPR has read these comments? Something like a "under review" tag, just as what it's being done with Phoenix Point.

If a company cannot deliver on what was promised, then delay until you can or get the hype under control. We were told to expect a cutting edge gaming experience. Well, while the game looks okay, there are games that were released 5+ years ago that deliver a much better and immersive gaming experience. I haven't seen anything yet that hasn't been done better in another game yet. I'm looking for it, trust me.

the only people i feel sorry for are the workers/devs themselves. Marketing, i could say either needs a raise or are as just as much responsible for the misleading promotional material and marketing they've built over the last two years but then again id like to keep it solei towards management ultimately as they were probably just doing their jobs

But end of the day OP we weren't delivered the promised product for a multitude of reasons. companies need to be held accountable otherwise this becomes the standard set.

Pretty sure most of us don’t blame the devs. The actual devs. They blame the company as a whole, but not the developers themselves.

This ain't a 60 dollar game, if this is early access it should have a price tag to reflect such.
It ain't one small mistake either, cut content, disappointing endings (well opinion of course), and bugs, so many damn bugs.

Not to mention the abysmal frame rate on consoles. The game needs a good, dedicated optimisation patch.

this is pretty accurate. ive used a car analogy a few times myself. they promised a lot of extras and features but ultimately when you picked it up from the show-room, it was one of those cars with a lot of buttons in the centre console that simply dont press and are not connected to anything for some strange reason and youre wondering what the hell happened.

Get sold an Aston Martin and get a Honda Civic with a shot transmission instead.

Early access dont work for game advertised as RPG.
Second thing they probably did most work on prologue and first chapter - what they showed the press in 2018.
They bit more then they can chew and overpromised up until release.
Have to pay for it.

Baldur’s Gate 3 would like to have a word.

But largely, you have a point, in a sense. That doesn’t excuse them from being obligated to now deliver on those promises they made. That doesn’t mean they can give up and move to making “CP2” like some people suggest. No. They work on the game and make it whole, now. That’s all there is to it.

CDPR Made many mistakes! but i agree that Cyberpunk shows promise, after months of bugfixing and patches its gonna be a finished game but its not finished yet

Agreed, which is why I’m willing to give them until February to show a clear improvement before passing full judgement on the company. If no real and meaningful change, I won’t buy from them again, lesson learned. If so, then I’ll just not pre order and be more careful with their games in the future.

OP is the kind of guy who buys a car. It's a lemon. Then blames himself for buying it when he took it for a drive, it looked like it worked, then 2hrs after leaving the lot it has an engine failure.

EDIT: I just read OP's title and assumed the contents of the post. That's on me. I've just seen so many CDPR simps say "It works fine for me on my high-end PC. Why don't you console plebs just shell out 4k for a PC and stop complaining. They make it sound like we're mad simply about the bugs and not our inability to actually play the game due to the constant crashes. Sorry OP. My mistake.

I don’t think many can blame you for that—there’s a lot of that actual argument going around, and complete hand-waving away the last gen consoles simply because “the game is clearly next gen and those rinky dink consoles can’t handle its macho gaming power” considering they’d turn around and say that even their super powered PCs run into issues with it. It’s not a hardware issue, it’s optimisation. Anyone who says otherwise is either an elitist, an apologist, or coping hardcore. That’s my opinion, for what it matters.

I agree OP, but it's trending right now to hate on the game so everyone's just nitpicking and bandwagonning.

That’s very disingenuous, to say the least on the matter. Sure, some are being really harsh, but to say everyone is just doing it because “it’s trendy” is just about as much misrepresentation as the game itself is compared to CDPR’s marketing.

You know, I've played a lot of Early Access games in my time - and this is not THAT bad. It shows a lot of promise in my opinion. A lot of the underlying systems are implemented, they just need a few months of balance passes and extra work to make things flow better.

Ok, so they accidentally called it a "full release" - and that's unfortunate, but - aside from that - it shows a ton of promise.

As soon as they implement the AI, fine-tune the driving, and add some challenge to the difficulty levels (and, especially, the promised Hardcore mode) - I think it will be much better, and once we're in Beta - it'll seem much more polished.

So, chill people - and wait for the actual release before you condemn this work-in-progress!
I agree OP, but it's trending right now to hate on the game so everyone's just nitpicking and bandwagonning.

You mean to tell me it's wrong to get mad when you don't get what you were promised? Imagine the outrage if you buy a phone and found out it doesn't have storage and you will have to wait 3 months to get it.

If they Just Change game to Early Access .I think this will dont have this happening .Some game have very long term Early Access .I see The Guild 3 is in Early Access sine 2017 3 year now .some game have early access sine2015.

If they say 60$ can't in be early Access .Baldur's Gate 3 is in early Access.

If They just release only Act 1 in Watson.with Full content now and make some road map think .full game cant not be so long like another game?

Are you fricking kidding me? You know this game is not suppose to be like an early acces game and that is the why everyone going nuts right? Even they are going to make it the best game in the world in a 2 moths thats not gonna change how it released dude. Stop pitying corporations or even devs for god sake it is a full released game that made up over half a decade with early acces game content. Btw I'm not saying it will still be "bad" if they fix all of the problems, if that happens it can be really good game and I hope it will but all I said is for its current state.

post of the day well done

This ain't a 60 dollar game, if this is early access it should have a price tag to reflect such.
It ain't one small mistake either, cut content, disappointing endings (well opinion of course), and bugs, so many damn bugs.
Well if you think about all of the other 60$ games from Ubisoft, EA etc. it is a 60$ game but of course we weren't expecting a game that same quality with these company's products.

Well if you think about all of the other 60$ games from Ubisoft, EA etc. it is a 60$ game but of course we weren't expecting a game that same quality with these company's products.
Idk anything about CDPR but this, so this is what I expect now. I also understand where your kinda getting at but I'd probably rather play some Ubisoft or EA games, but that's me and I know some people are enjoying this game.

You had me in the first half ngl, 9/10 would be sarcastically trolled again :cool:

Top Bottom