CDPR needs more rigourous tests before every update

+
Month after month, we can see that CDPR makes little to no progress at testing their patches before release. Right now I feel like we need a post to clearly express to the developers team that it cannot continue like that : this is not professional.

Each update bring it own bunch of great bugs, sometimes needing a week to be fixed. And I am not talking about Barnabas and Co, but some incredible bugs like the fees proc'ing buffs as pointed out this week.

There is a clear lack of testing, and maybe some effort should be put on automated tests to avoid regress ( this month: drill, kalkstein to cite a few examples) or expand the duration or number of players involved un beta tests.

From a balance point of view, I feel that there is also weaknesses in the testing phase. Having an idea is one thing, but more care should be taken before any change, to avoid hot fixes like we see every month. We had the obvious Freak show for example, it was so obviously broken that it could not have passed a proper testing phase. I don't believe it.

This month we have also broken things, just because of lack of testing. Take Francesca dwarves for example. Any experienced player could tell that Francesca was strong with the new Novigradian justice, I personnally had very high winrate with her last month. So we could have tell you that buffing the mercenaries was a bad idea.

Please review your testing process to avoid these kind of mistakes.

... By the way good job with the update, thank you for your work !

Disagree,

If the choice is between having more people to fix errors fast versus having more internal testers then I will stick with more people fixing errors. The assimilate bug was found, reported, and fixed before I even tried to play the new patch. Usually if I find a bug, a post here will get it resolved fairly quickly as long as it is a global error, and not specific to consoles.

Freakshow probably got missed because the premium art was so good, people just wanted the card ability to be cool as well. (I miss you, Morvudd)

Besides, I need the testers working on content to be released in 2 - 3 months not what came out yesterday.

Testing won't help with poor overall design decisions. They simultaneously buffed the crap out of the NR engines while nerfing cards that can kill engines. And, of course, the SY engines go completely untouched.

Have to agree. Ranked is literally unplayable right now for me on xbox. Connection issues just magically appeared after the update just like they did in the past after big updates. It's the most frustrating thing ever to lose game after game because it tells you that you lost connection but you are clearly still connected to the internet. I'm sick of it.

I am afraid, guys, that all professionals have gone to Cyberpunk 2077 development, cause that game is a key for CDPR survival. It must be successful. So, I think, we wouldn't see any good in Gwent until Cyberpunk released.

Hello Everyone

I am new player for This game (1 month ago)

I very "AGREE" with this .

I start to play this game 1 month and pay for some Kegs and "Craft" some card for make my Deck .

But Today i come to play the game , I was "Shocked"
30% of my card ability has been change .

And this make me want to "Uninstall" This game "Right Now" But I come here "forum" to checking what going on with this change.

And now I know.

I am afraid, guys, that all professionals have gone to Cyberpunk 2077 development, cause that game is a key for CDPR survival. It must be successful. So, I think, we wouldn't see any good in Gwent until Cyberpunk released.
I am afraid that you are a 100% correct on this. Still more testing would be a good thing to counter the so-called "OP Spikes" :D

The game has been unbalanced for months now.

There is no faction balance at all, just massive power swings from one OP faction to another.

I have uninstalled and refuse to play until they do some proper balance changes and make synergy in factions a thing for ALL factions.

Right now unless you play the MOST uber OP deck, or go degenerate no unit to counter the meta the game is not fun.

In fact its not even fun doing that because you are strong armed into either.

Very disappointed with the effort they are putting into this game right now, Cyberpunk hype or not.

Testing won't help with poor overall design decisions. They simultaneously buffed the crap out of the NR engines while nerfing cards that can kill engines. And, of course, the SY engines go completely untouched.

Well, we can't nerf a factions engines when we have kegs that we can sell just for that faction, now can we? that just wouldn't make sense now would it? How can we bring you CDPR Quality Balance if we can't afford to keep the lights on?

Top Bottom