CDPR needs to start communicating with their fans now more than ever

+
Simple as that. They had no problems talking to us prior to launch, hyping us up to buy their game.

Now that they have put it on our hands, and its got some issues, they need to start telling us what the game plan is from here.

(I say "some issues", but we all know thats a huge understatement)

I agree, I feel like that leaked video that came out was done by CDPROJEKTRED in order to boost preorder sales. Then they cut a bunch of content out an refused to let reviewers use their own game captured footage.

Now had they of allowed reviewers to use their own footage I would of canceled my preorder immediately upon seeing all the errors in the game.

They did in fact tarnish their name sake now with how they handled this. Some features ate enabled here but not over their, you can have 4k oh but we won't give 4k to this group just yet.

The fact of the matter remains this should of been a nextgen game only, and they shouldn't of announced a damn thing until they where way further along into the development process an knew they could drop the game within a set release window without cutting content or with so many bugs you start to become a cyber entomologist.

I am more or less upset that I am on ps5 with no 4k resolution. A game that keeps crashing even after this emergency update. Keeps resetting all of my in game settings an disables my HDR.

I have other complaints but those come down to my personal beliefs more than anything.

But if they are going to preserve themselves an do damage control then yes, they need to start releasing statements and communicate with their consumers.

They where my favorite studio after the hundreds of hours I sunk into The Witcher 3, but for me I don't feel as if I can trust what they say anymore about new IPs they may want to launch.
I will most definitely be more cautious an reserved going forward, but I do hope they learn from these mistakes an grow from them an get back to the reputation they had before though I see that as a long road a head of them going forward.

Simple as that. They had no problems talking to us prior to launch, hyping us up to buy their game.

Now that they have put it on our hands, and its got some issues, they need to start telling us what the game plan is from here.

I think a lot of the rage is over exaggerated. Yes some are having technical issues. Form a technical stand point I have no complaints .

There is also a page deticatedto peole who are not having tech issues.

(1) Cant understand all the negativity (PC) | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

I think the devs have done their part by reclassing a patch that should help some that are having difficulties.

They sold 8million preorders. What you see on the forum and social media is just a small % of that and cannot be used to judge the games performance as a whole.

I also don't believe "demanding" communication is right. They have more information and greater understanding of the bigger picture than we do. As long as people keep sending in bug reports they will take care of the rest.

Guest 4375874

They seem pretty responsive. The moment someone raised the issue with lights causing epileptic reactions they immediately responded and added a fix and there's a dedicated post for bug reports. This post seems to be an unnecessary over exaggeration.

I think a lot of the rage is over exaggerated. Yes some are having technical issues. Form a technical stand point I have no complaints .

There is also a page deticatedto peole who are not having tech issues.

(1) Cant understand all the negativity (PC) | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

I think the devs have done their part by reclassing a patch that should help some that are having difficulties.

They sold 8million preorders. What you see on the forum and social media is just a small % of that and cannot be used to judge the games performance as a whole.

I also don't believe "demanding" communication is right. They have more information and greater understanding of the bigger picture than we do. As long as people keep sending in bug reports they will take care of the rest.

Some?

The people not having performance problems are 2070 and above GPU owners (and even then, some are those GPUs are having issue still)

According to steams latest hardware survey, the majority of steam users have a GTX 1060. The 1060 is NO WAY is getting more than 30-40 fps in this game on LOW settings, despite the False information given to us in the system requirements by CDPR.

Performance issues aside, the only way you can play this game an NOT see how many bugs there are is if

1. You havent played it much

2. You suffer from Myopic glaucoma.

Cyberpunk 2077 is THE buggiest AAA game release of the decade. Beating Fallout 76, Mass Effect Andromeda, or any other AAA game.

With how much customers respected and cherished CDPR, they need to live up to that reputation and respect, not remain quite and hide from the customers.
Post automatically merged:

They seem pretty responsive. The moment someone raised the issue with lights causing epileptic reactions they immediately responded and added a fix and there's a dedicated post for bug reports. This post seems to be an unnecessary over exaggeration.

So to avoid a HUGE lawsuit, they came out of hiding.

GG

They said that they would be looking at forums and social media for our reactions and I really hope that it is true.

Listening to your fans is one of the best and worst things you can do as a creator, but really the worst part only applies to the before portion of creating something as it can warp the goal the creator set out to make in the first place. The game they wanted to make has now been made and listening to what the fans want now and would be willing to invest in can only bring the more goodwill.

The development for this was no better for CDPR than the rest of the developers on the planet, but the scale of the project was also a lot bigger in many ways. Right now, everyone is busy trying to deal with the issues that can be tackled most quickly and efficiently. It's not that the studio is ignoring anyone; it's that there's just too much to reasonably respond to. Every moment spent writing about an issue is another moment that people aren't fixing the issues.

Keep posting! Your thoughts are being seen!

And there were no "intentional leaks". Only the official publicity was valid.

They said that they would be looking at forums and social media for our reactions and I really hope that it is true.

Listening to your fans is one of the best and worst things you can do as a creator, but really the worst part only applies to the before portion of creating something as it can warp the goal the creator set out to make in the first place. The game they wanted to make has now been made and listening to what the fans want now and would be willing to invest in can only bring the more goodwill.

The creators dont need to see how upset people are, Im sure that every developer behind this game knew what condition it was in when it went live.

The people that need to listen to what fans are saying is the Management, because they are the ones who made so many bad decisions, including being very elusive and shady with their customers.

The creators dont need to see how upset people are, Im sure that every developer behind this game knew what condition it was in when it went live.

The people that need to listen to what fans are saying is the Management, because they are the ones who made so many bad decisions, including being very elusive and shady with their customers.

I believe the developers should be looking at what people want to be expanded upon in forms of content like endings, plots, and romances. I agree they don’t need to see a million people screaming about how they hate them now because a bottle popped in while they were walking, but they should see what else they can bring to the story.

Guest 4406876

The development for this was no better for CDPR than the rest of the developers on the planet, but the scale of the project was also a lot bigger in many ways. Right now, everyone is busy trying to deal with the issues that can be tackled most quickly and efficiently. It's not that the studio is ignoring anyone; it's that there's just too much to reasonably respond to. Every moment spent writing about an issue is another moment that people aren't fixing the issues.

Keep posting! Your thoughts are being seen!

And there were no "intentional leaks". Only the official publicity was valid.
The fact that they are at least aware of the scale of the issues this game has both gameplay wise and bug wise is encouraging. Let's see if CDPR lives up to their "customer friendly" rep by delivering what's missing and advertised. Or else this game has very little replayabilty.

If the only problem were the bugs, but there are very bad decisions in this game. All for not listening to users.

Why? So they can get screamed at by the masses on social media some more? They can't win with trolls and people who live in salt mines.

I'm sure they are well aware of the bugs and optimization issues with the game. I'd rather see them put their heads down and work on the issues than address all the moaning. Again, no matter what they say people will attack them, for either not addressing the issue that THEY wanted addressed, or they'll get hammered by trolls and salty people who just want to see the game fail.

It will get fixed faster if they don't listen to people who have zero experience in game development.

I'm ps4 player and I won't accept cyberpunk's current status on ps4 it's completely scam I want my money back. This game is biggest scam ever I saw on game industry. It's far beyond than No Mans Sky. I paid 60$ for nothing on ps4. FPS drops are huge graphics and texture quality are terrible I just want my money back and let CDPR know they are SCAMMER!

Just about bugs?

Credit where its do... After what, 5 GTA games? I would HOPE they would know how to do it right, and better than a company who hasnt even really "finished" one yet.

However, with all those GTA games out there, CDPR had a lot of examples to learn from, which they seemed to not be very successful at doing.

I think addressing things other than just the bugs would be nice. Like whats up with the NPCs, aren't they suppose to be super alive and stuff for immersiveness or something?

Also curious about this, which I feel like is technically not a spoiler since we already seen it but:
Like, they even showed Jackie die in the trailer, making us think we had a choice of the matter but Jackie stays dead, even though I don't like Jackie much, I wanted a choice

I find funny how people are pointing at GTA 5 for a good example of NPC ai, cops system, ect.... and how Cyberpunk is 7 years late.
But those things were a bit weaker in 5 than GTA 4 already to be frank haha. By that metric it's at least 12 years late then.

--

I do think communicating and acknowledging the community complaints is a thing they have to do, the backlash is too great and if they just ignore it the community isn't magically going to accept that, It's going to be on a loop of negativity for the next weeks and is just gonna completely give up on the game at some point.

They need to give us hope and something to look forward to, so as to appease the minds. Because the game and the company ain't getting very good publicity right now

CDPR:
> Puts out a patch addressing many critical issues including overall performance (+30FPS on some rigs/platforms) and epilepsy lights 1 day after release

>

> CDPR need to be more responsive

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great post. This company I've only heard good things about before this game should definitely issue some statements. The people here defending this launch, man you all seem delusional. I'm not trying to be mean, but y'all need to wake up. I'm rather old scho where we hold people accountable for their products and the mistakes. Aside from the bugs, which they knew about for sure and should have warned everyone about (dishonest), there is still much we don't know just about different versions. The ps5 version has no quality mode, no real time frame for an actual next gen release (within 2021 is laughable), nothing about support for ps5 haptic feedback, no details on the next gen versions, except that it'll be free to update. You think that there are 30k different ps4s and Xbox one's? No there are two or three. They knew it looks bad, they knew ps5 or ps4 pro (whatever version it is) doesn't have quality mode, they knew pop in was an issue on all platforms, they knew about everything that is being reported and instead of getting ahead of it with a preemtive knows issues list or what to expect or don't buy this game on ps4 pro if you want the full experience. They said nothing and held back reviewers from telling people anything. Communication is key, and all they've done is hyped the game up showing versions of the game 90% of people will never see. I have no skin in the game. I returned mine and I own playstation and xbox. I just want a good game and the game they showed and promised for everyone.

Top Bottom