CDPR needs to start communicating with their fans now more than ever

+
Some?

The people not having performance problems are 2070 and above GPU owners (and even then, some are those GPUs are having issue still)

According to steams latest hardware survey, the majority of steam users have a GTX 1060. The 1060 is NO WAY is getting more than 30-40 fps in this game on LOW settings, despite the False information given to us in the system requirements by CDPR.

Performance issues aside, the only way you can play this game an NOT see how many bugs there are is if

1. You havent played it much

2. You suffer from Myopic glaucoma.

Cyberpunk 2077 is THE buggiest AAA game release of the decade. Beating Fallout 76, Mass Effect Andromeda, or any other AAA game.

With how much customers respected and cherished CDPR, they need to live up to that reputation and respect, not remain quite and hide from the customers.
Post automatically merged:

So to avoid a HUGE lawsuit, they came out of hiding.

GG

TL/DR your reply changes nothing I still stand behind my original comment in every way.

Without knowing how may systems are having tech difficulties through an analyst of all 8million copies sold you cannot make any claims.

- proved my point here earlier.

- https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...play-cyberpunk-2077-on.11038598/post-12317678

1. I have almost finished the game and still have not run the tech problems or bugs others report people

2 My Eyesite is fine.

3. I think the Devs have gone over and beyond to communication responsibility also they may be responsible for " bugs" in the coding but not for our out dated consoles, every single hardware configuration's people outdated systems barely making the minimum spec and people running outdated unsupported operating systems.

And no matter what, the character interactions -- the sheer amount of cinematic detail worked into every waking moment of dialogue is phenomenal. I don't think people realize how many @#$%!ng hours of work that is for actors wearing leotards and dots. And it's flippin' seamless.

This is a game, not a movie. It is impressive and it does look good, but we're here for the gameplay.
"What if...what if...you could have a game based on just living a life in a dynamic game world that responded to your choices...but it was also alive...and dialogue would play out like a movie...and the 'main story' would wrap around whatever you were doing otherwise...? That would be incredible...!"

We're there.

We're not there, though. There are games that can give you this feel, but CP77 isn't one. You want a game where the world & the story reacts to your actions? Try Crusader Kings. Cyberpunk... Does not react to your actions. It is scripted to react to 2-4 sets of actions, but the moment you stop and don't do what the game pushes you to do, the facade freezes.

It's a pretty game, sure; But it has the amount of interactivity that is comparable more to call of duty than it is to minecraft.

But I will say there is literally 10x the player agency in terms of story and world-building here than any game to date.

I'm sorry, what?

The game literally has a plot device where the characters keep yelling at you to URGENTLY DEAL WITH THIS OR AWFUL THINGS WILL HAPPEN, but you can ignore it for an indefinite amount of time and nothing will happen.

One of CP77's biggest problems is that it wants to be both a linear story driven game, and an open world game... And the two really aren't friends. They're both -decent-, with story side being roughly 70% and open world being 30%. But they don't work together. The story will wait for you while you mess around in the open world, whereas the open world will in no way react to the story.

There is no agency once you realize that THIS WORLD ENDING THING THAT WILL TOTALLY FUCK EVERYTHING UP... won't do that unless you consent to the next mission.

Also most dialogue choices literally don't matter. You don't open questlines or even change existing questlines with 97% of any dialogue you can choose.

This is a game, not a movie. It is impressive and it does look good, but we're here for the gameplay.

We're not there, though. There are games that can give you this feel, but CP77 isn't one. You want a game where the world & the story reacts to your actions? Try Crusader Kings. Cyberpunk... Does not react to your actions. It is scripted to react to 2-4 sets of actions, but the moment you stop and don't do what the game pushes you to do, the facade freezes.

It's a pretty game, sure; But it has the amount of interactivity that is comparable more to call of duty than it is to minecraft.

I'm sorry, what?

The game literally has a plot device where the characters keep yelling at you to URGENTLY DEAL WITH THIS OR AWFUL THINGS WILL HAPPEN, but you can ignore it for an indefinite amount of time and nothing will happen.

One of CP77's biggest problems is that it wants to be both a linear story driven game, and an open world game... And the two really aren't friends. They're both -decent-, with story side being roughly 70% and open world being 30%. But they don't work together. The story will wait for you while you mess around in the open world, whereas the open world will in no way react to the story.

There is no agency once you realize that THIS WORLD ENDING THING THAT WILL TOTALLY FUCK EVERYTHING UP... won't do that unless you consent to the next mission.

Also most dialogue choices literally don't matter. You don't open questlines or even change existing questlines with 97% of any dialogue you can choose.

please only speak for yourself. As I completely disagree with you .

Combat is just something that stands between you and combat, mechanics , challenge means nothing to to me its all just an obstacle to get to the next part of the actual content interactions.

, but you can ignore it for an indefinite amount of time and nothing will happen.

That is better than being on a global time limit and having to rush though everything . the same goes for other "forced" choices. Lok at the morality system in ME you really don't have the choice on how to answer if you need the "points" in paragon or renegade to unlock certain dialog choices.

please only speak for yourself. As I completely disagree with you .

Combat is just something that stands between you and combat, mechanics , challenge means nothing to to me its all just an obstacle to get to the next part of the actual content interactions.

I do only speak for myself; The thing is... as I've mentioned the game is confused about what it wants to be.

You value it as a cinematic story driven experience, which is 100% entirely valid; The thing is though -I- wanted a dynamic open world game, which most of the trailers suggested it will be. Talking about fashions and gangs, the lore of the world, buying cars and apartments, getting street cred to get 'in' with various powerful people, etc etc;... And then, for a player like me, there's very little to look forward to -besides- the story.

I like my games to be slow-burners and sandboxy, which is why -I- personally bought it. And I feel deceived.

"CDPR NEEDS TO START COMMUNICATING WITH THEIR FANS NOW MORE THAN EVER" Yeah, how about the part where they forgot to write ON THE BOX that the game cannot be redeemed on steam! Now I have to use 1 more launcher... its not like there are too many already.

Is there a particular forum when one can communicate with the developers, like where they're seen to respond to threads and such?

Indeed, a smart move by CDPR would be to do a weekly video report of what they are doing, that is in my mind the best way to reassure the players !!!

You guys don't seem to know how releasing any kind of public statement from a company like CDPR goes, especially after this kind of launch..

It gets written, then sent through multiple departments for editing and verification then back down the ladder then back up then back to it's original source and on, and, on and on until it's ready and approved for public release.

All of this in hopes that the statement provides as much relevant information as possible while opening as few doors as possible for questions from gamers or the press while also reassuring investors. Don't expect a statement a week after release. Heck I'd be surprised if we got one within the next week. Don't expect regular updates either.

That is not what I'm saying.

Then clarify what you are saying because every single public statement starts in the PR department but no matter how small it is, it goes up the chain before being published. A public statement under the current situation goes through a much longer chain.

So no, they couldn't "be spitting out messages every few hours". Were not talking about some small indie company here.

People need to temper their expectations. A statement will come.

A statement will come.

You explained it yourself. What can they possibly say without hurting their stock or put the company and the employees in any danger? All statements will be more or less meaningless. It will be like the previous statement.

What I'm trying to say is: don't expect to much or deep communications with CDPR. And that's fine, it's just how the world works.

So no, they couldn't "be spitting out messages every few hours". Were not talking about some small indie company here.

Yes they could , that is what PR department is for. To spend the time creating the message and getting it approved. That is literally what PR department is for. To communicate, while in the background work is being done. On the scale like this, there probably is a team that deals just with providing statements on this matter and nothing else.
Indie game developer would be overwhelmed and could not respond because they would not have the manpower to do so. For someone who claims that we don't know how communication works, you have some serious gaps in your understanding of how PR works in big companies and why do they have these layers.

Now I'm not saying that they should put out a statement every few hours or every day, but they will need to ramp up communications to address various issues. Short term and long term.

You explained it yourself. What can they possibly say without hurting their stock or put the company and the employees in any danger? All statements will be more or less meaningless. It will be like the previous statement.

What I'm trying to say is: don't expect to much or deep communications with CDPR. And that's fine, it's just how the world works.

Heh, not so sure. We've seen it before. Some weirdly deep and heartfelt apology and commitment to betterment sometimes works wonders. FF14 comes to mind.

Not saying that's what I expect from CDPR. It's not, in fact, like you, I expect some meaningless statement basically saying "We know, we did our best, sorry, we'll fix stuff" until they actually do something major (if they do) at which point we'll get a much more in depth statement.

Now I'm not saying that they should put out a statement every few hours or every day, but they will need to ramp up communications to address various issues. Short term and long term.

Right, I love how you contradict yourself.

I left the rest out because, let's leave it at that. This forum is, generally speaking, very civil so agree to disagree.

The normal corporate response to any crisis is "shut the hell up while we craft a bland response". They don't want to risk angering the fans even more by saying the wrong thing. They do need to communicate, but they have to be cautious to not shoot themselves in the foot. I'm sure there are MANY internal meetings right now where they are deciding what to say and how, how to best devote resources to make customers happy, and how to keep shareholders happy. With a publicly traded company, this last thing is unfortunately usually the most important. The team can't fix the problems if the Board votes to shitcan the whole team and start over...

In time we'll hear how all this shakes out, but for now let them get their bearings and craft a comprehensive response to this mess.

The development for this was no better for CDPR than the rest of the developers on the planet, but the scale of the project was also a lot bigger in many ways. Right now, everyone is busy trying to deal with the issues that can be tackled most quickly and efficiently. It's not that the studio is ignoring anyone; it's that there's just too much to reasonably respond to. Every moment spent writing about an issue is another moment that people aren't fixing the issues.

Keep posting! Your thoughts are being seen!

And there were no "intentional leaks". Only the official publicity was valid.
Totally disagree. The beginning of the story (tutorial and first mission) is fairly "on rails"...but there are some nuances there that may not be readily apparent at the beginning. Following that, the game opens up in a way I used to dream about as a college kid playing Daggerfall. "What if...what if...you could have a game based on just living a life in a dynamic game world that responded to your choices...but it was also alive...and dialogue would play out like a movie...and the 'main story' would wrap around whatever you were doing otherwise...? That would be incredible...!"

We're there.

Thing is, I don't think many people have tried to follow the alternate pathways through the game, yet. I've only dabbled in the first hour or so after finishing the "intro" in different ways...and already I'm a bit amazed. This is truly a web of interconnected events, all of which rely on what you've done in the past to determine what you can or cannot do in the future. Just the simple act of not answering someone may open up a completely unique questline.

Now, reality check --

No, the game is not 100% accountable for every, single choice the player makes down to the color of their shoelaces. No, not every conversation in the game provides every conceivable dialogue option every person on the planet can drum up in their minds. But I will say there is literally 10x the player agency in terms of story and world-building here than any game to date. Skyrim has nothing on this. Dragon Age / Mass Effect has nothing on this. Even games like Detroit: Become Human or Life is Strange will probably be neck-and-neck in places...and I'm not sure they'd win.

Plus, we get a pretty awesome amount of character customization that has decided effects on gameplay options at any moment. I've already completed two missions without ever drawing a weapon.

And no matter what, the character interactions -- the sheer amount of cinematic detail worked into every waking moment of dialogue is phenomenal. I don't think people realize how many @#$%!ng hours of work that is for actors wearing leotards and dots. And it's flippin' seamless.

Maybe, the world just isn't impressed so much by that anymore. Which is fine. But this is striking a lot of really good chords for me and many others. A beautiful blend of player agency and cinematic flair.
I believe a lot of what you mentioned are quite niche opinions. Areas such as character/vehicle customisation, dialogue options with NPCs or main characters etc, side-quest integration. These I feel change from player to player, for me personally these are not hugely detrimental to the game. What the game gives me now in this respect is enough for me, but that may not be the case for the next player.

The character interactions, cinematics, the sheer beauty of the acting and the heart warming depth of the characters is immense. I have to agree. The main storyline: the writing, the voice actors, the movements and subtle mannerisms of characters, their back-story and development through the game, exposing brilliant personalities. Ignore the ending, stick it on the big screen and that's a film I would happily watch.

However the overwhelming gripe shared by many in some respect or another is that the endings feel like we have been cheated or left hanging, or that they have been cut short and clearly have more to give. And the romances, which are a little thin on the ground, when merged into the main storyline are fantastic. Because all of the things I mention above about the main storyline being fantastic, make progressing through a romance immersive, engaging and sincerely heart-warming. To the extent that it takes a moment after shutdown to acknowledge these people aren't real! Yet I want them to succeed, I want them to be happy together, I want to watch their chemistry as they flourish. But then, you spend all game doing that, 'seal the deal' and then final mission, bye bye. We don't get to enjoy the romance, just build it up. We don't get any interaction with them either after that unless it is to do with the main storyline. The romancing takes 95% of the game with just one missions worth of 'being in a romance'. We definitely need more from the romance system.

When CDPR said get ready for the emotion, they weren't lying. There were a few "no, I'm not crying, you are!" moments, only for them to then be all for nothing really as a result of the endings and romance system.

Not going to launch all out attacks about the game as it is something special, and I love it, but it has to be acknowledged that CDPR created a game draw us into the Night City and make us want to become V, become immersed, only to poke us in the eye with the endings and romances when we do.

-I'd like a statement regarding the decision to cut nudity content form exploration and from other characters, before the one day patch that was there and people got confused thinking the censorship on release was a bug. A public statment though may upset many it usualy quells the questions and demands some have towards the trust of the company. Steam states pegi 18 for me. (conan at full nudity is also pegi 18) If the issues is esrb then state that to us.

-The fact BD in game that some groups looked forward to (aka the ones you can buy from vendors) are no longer useable and just trash items.

-The failure of checking consoles before release, Lucky this got adressed and there looking forward with that subject, nice to see but alot of trust has been lost.

-Statement regarding the the changes made to the game from the original advertised game would also be nice, its funny how journalists review were based on the game using top end computers and also pre first day patch (which is when censoring got added, yes game is censored only thing the censor toggle does on main page is effect inventory, wooo that content).

I understand many of you have hardly had crashes, technical issues nor bugs but there has been many fallen promises, i myself played the game and only 1 bug that ust took a reload to fix. I even have friends that have no issues, however we all agree there was flaws in the story flow of the game, flaws of content removed leaving scars in the game, flaws of a hurried censorship that left a buggy mess, flaws of a unique creation of editing your privates (this might aswel be removed at this point, save those resources for the rest of the game since can only see it in inventory). I could go on with flaws, many on reddit and over this forum have listed out loads of issues and even quality of life stuff that wasnt even looked at.

But ill repeat, the game is enjoyable. But the failing on trust is the big issue we all need communication to placate just a little, the genre of the game is what ive craved for sooooo long but im truely upset how its all gone. Ive waited years for this game, preordered it and disapointed for it. I'm now just hoping they will not become negative towards modders since they for me will keep this game going, i was hoping personaly the game to pick up for my 2nd playthrough, romance is also no interest anymore due to the censorship its just a 1 night stand with complete coverage. Im a grown adult, i can find nudity anywhere else but its a bit wierd that this game is far more prudish then a witcher game, conan even has more full nudity then this. Yet nudity was a selling point of the game, just like the corpo advertisement in game "sex sells" is a thing in life.

I don't know it might just be me rambling but generaly ive lost trust in companys as of late (i even fell for the Anthem fiasco, the Bless online fiasco, No man sky fiasco and lastly the Fallout disapointment) Thinking this is last nail for me as it was the thing i looked forward to since i followed the cyberpunk RP game when i was much younger, almost in my 30s so almost 12 years ago was the start of my love for the genre. Hopefuly things go well for everyone, hope we all get the transparency we would like.

I also would like to question why in Pegi ratings its a Pegi 18 game, when with the following of ESRB rating of M 17+ the censorship kicks in which basicaly turns the game into a game id say is Pegi 16. I spent few mins with a cofffee looking over them and dont get why the game was released as pegi 18, thats false rating from the get go.

1608070393242.png

ESRB (what cyberpunk was rated as)
1608070651357.png
PEGI 18 (Also what CP is rated as, listed on pegi site and steam)
1608070691877.png

1608070794694.png

Again just a simple announcment to the change of rating would be good for the players, as the ratings itself are all over the place,

Last edited:
I recall messy games like Anthem and Fallout 76 published their roadmaps about fixing stuff.
And Star Citizen (which is permanently messy) shows its roadmaps all the time.

I wonder if CDPR, which is supposed to be more customer-friendly, will bother eventually.

That is, assuming they even use roadmaps of any kind in CDPR. I'm not so sure now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom