CDPR, please don't compromise Cyberpunk's design integrity in future DLCs

+

Guest 3847602

Never said that..i know what was and wasn't promised to us.. im just saying what 90% of what people want to have put in to playing this empty boring game..and saying that we are not all wanting it to be gta but still a sandbox to make this game interesting..but people only pick out key words and don't read
What I was getting at is: "Why would someone who's specifically after sandbox be drawn to Cyberpunk 2077?". There was no mention of it in the interviews, there was no sign of it in released videos, CDPR never made anything resembling sandbox before Cyberpunk.
In addition to that, they said numerous times that the story was their primary focus, there will be no radiant quests, there won't be car and apartment customization, etc...

Guest 4564903

Never said that..i know what was and wasn't promised to us.. im just saying what 90% of what people want to have put in to playing this empty boring game..and saying that we are not all wanting it to be gta but still a sandbox to make this game interesting..but people only pick out key words and don't read

I'm honestly not being awkward even if its sounds like it but wanting the game to be a sandbox when it was never advertised like that is surely asking too much and expecting the game to be something it never was going to be.

What I was getting at is: "Why would someone who's specifically after sandbox be drawn to Cyberpunk 2077?". There was no mention of it in the interviews, there was no sign of it in released videos, CDPR never made anything resembling sandbox before Cyberpunk.
In addition to that, they said numerous times that the story was their primary focus, there will be no radiant quests, there won't be car and apartment customization, etc...
I'm honestly not being awkward even if its sounds like it but wanting the game to be a sandbox when it was never advertised like that is surely asking too much and expecting the game to be something it never was going to be.
You keep arguing this point. This is taken from GOG.com:
"Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character's cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

Enter the massive open world of Night City, a place that sets new standards in terms of visuals, complexity and depth. Explore the bustling megalopolis of the future and its extensive districts, each with exceptional visual flavor, inhabitants and chances to earn cash. Interact with members of powerful gangs who rule the streets of Night City."

You are just trying to use a technicality to excuse the many lacking areas and issues this game has and the disparity between what CDPR gave expectation of and what was delivered.

Guest 3847602

"Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character's cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

Enter the massive open world of Night City, a place that sets new standards in terms of visuals,
complexity and depth. Explore the bustling megalopolis of the future and its extensive districts, each with exceptional visual flavor, inhabitants and chances to earn cash. Interact with members of powerful gangs who rule the streets of Night City."
green = true
orange = overpromise
red = false

Guest 4564903

Enter the massive open world of Night City, a place that sets new standards in terms of visuals, complexity and depth. Explore the bustling megalopolis of the future and its extensive districts, each with exceptional visual flavor, inhabitants and chances to earn cash. Interact with members of powerful gangs who rule the streets of Night City."

You are just trying to use a technicality to excuse the many lacking areas and issues this game has and the disparity between what CDPR gave expectation of and what was delivered.

That quote you have used proves the point that they never said it was a sandbox game.

You can customize your characters cyberware, skillset and play style, you can explore a vast city, it is a massive open world, it does look amazing, it does have extensive districts with exceptional visual flavor and chances to earn cash.

Yous say we are using a technicality but sandbox games are a specific type so its not a technicality.

They over promised about two or three things in that statement but most of it is true so thanks for proving they did not lie as much as some people like to make out.

That quote you have used proves the point that they never said it was a sandbox game.
Yes, but you have ignored the point. A sandbox game would be very free-form and loose in structure. It is marketed as an open world game. You are suggesting that having a large map fulfills that promise, it does not. The game is set in a large map, but is not "open world" as the map is largely non-interactive and non-reactive to the player.

Not this again. Topic is NOT what genre the game, or Witcher 3, represents, so please drop the off-topic.

I don't want them to try to turn the game into GTA with it's over the top tone. And I doubt anyone else asks for that. It's a gritty setting with a gritty story. I just want Night City to have more night city life. They can't improve quests, it's a done deal, but I believe it's possible pack the city with more stuff to do. Various establishments, side activities, spending money etc... Even try to improve some systems like cops, traffic and pedestrians. Giving them a bit more life and nuance.

I don't want them to try to turn the game into GTA with it's over the top tone. And I doubt anyone else asks for that. It's a gritty setting with a gritty story. I just want Night City to have more night city life. They can't improve quests, it's a done deal, but I believe it's possible pack the city with more stuff to do. Various establishments, side activities, spending money etc... Even try to improve some systems like cops, traffic and pedestrians. Giving them a bit more life and nuance.
I think with pedestrians, given that that's a scalable system that can be increased or decreased depending on your systems performance, theh are presumably designed as nice background that takes up as little computational power as possible. So on that note, specifically, I wouldn't expect wonders (meanwhile Bethesda have commented that they might try in ES6 to make cities with a higher population than the 20(!!) seen in the biggest cities of skyrim,so you see the problem!).

And that's kind of the point. CDPR treats their open-world games with the "theater" approach, with everybody playing their "part" unlike Bethesda's spectacle of interactive NPCs that have complex schedules. I can't remember what user made that analogy, but it's a good one.

And that's kind of the point. CDPR treats their open-world games with the "theater" approach, with everybody playing their "part" unlike Bethesda's spectacle of interactive NPCs that have complex schedules. I can't remember what user made that analogy, but it's a good one.
I think to some extent yes. Cyberpunk presents such a huge city that you do need cardboard cutouts wandering around to make it realistic. The Witcher 3 did the same but (incredible as it may seem given the detailing in that game) with much smaller populations. To expect such systems to be fully "intelligent" would, i imagine, have a huge impact on performance (especially bearing in mind it was developed to be cross-platform). (Edit: which is not to say people cowering en masse is the best solution.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom