CDPR Please release mod tools / gig creation tools

+

Should Cyberpunk had mod tools

• Yes

Votes: 35 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Nothing has increased the longevity of a game more in my opinion than allowing the community to create mods and embracing it. Its one of the few things bethesda did right, its why even now fallout has stand alone mods being announced years affter launch. Please consider fully supporting player created mods by releasing a mod tool kit.

Players would especially love the ability to create their own scenarios and missions similar to games like divinity, it would add a lot to the game to be able to create missions and gigs to share with the community.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this being anything more then what they did for the witcher 3. Say what you will about Bethesda but they seem to be the only developer not afraid to let players tool around their games. And depending on cdpr route with the multiplayer we may not get even a watered down version like the witcher.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this being anything more then what they did for the witcher 3. Say what you will about Bethesda but they seem to be the only developer not afraid to let players tool around their games. And depending on cdpr route with the multiplayer we may not get even a watered down version like the witcher.
Bethesda makes sandboxes for players to build in. CDPR makes games for players to play.

Nothing has increased the longevity of a game more in my opinion than allowing the community to create mods and embracing it. Its one of the few things bethesda did right, its why even now fallout has stand alone mods being announced years affter launch. Please consider fully supporting player created mods by releasing a mod tool kit.

Players would especially love the ability to create their own scenarios and missions similar to games like divinity, it would add a lot to the game to be able to create missions and gigs to share with the community.
Im pretty sure they already have modding tool they use, most likely build on or similar to Redkit for TW2, at least they are hiring people which have experience with this or some of the other tools on the market like Skyrim creation kit etc. Which would be kind of weird, if they didn't have some toolkit themself :D

Redkit is free as well.

So personally I think it's just a matter of time before they release a kit for CP as well, but they probably want to wait until the game is in a more complete state to avoid having to deal with people complaining about the game not working and them having 100s of mods installed... which is probably a good idea. :)

Get the game up and running and in a very good state, then release mod tools and let people have fun.

Nothing increases the longevity of a game more than a good game.

I personally have replayed DA:O, ME Trilogy, KOTOR unmodded more than any game modded an will continue to replay them because there simply good games.

First and foremost CDPR need to get ghe game into a state there happy with an the majority of us are happy with then get dlc and expansions aswell as next gen versions an then MP, then they should put more resources into tools if they want

Pleased that they released Modding tools (as promised). Should greatly help out the burgeoning modding community. But still looking forward to what CDP themselves have planned over the coming years after the 1.2 patch

I personally have replayed DA:O, ME Trilogy, KOTOR unmodded more than any game modded an will continue to replay them because there simply good games.

First and foremost CDPR need to get ghe game into a state there happy with an the majority of us are happy with then get dlc and expansions aswell as next gen versions an then MP, then they should put more resources into tools if they want
Completely agree, modding should be icing on the cake :D

But most games at least in my opinion can and will be improved over time using mods, whether that is just minor graphical stuff, like new clothing, armors and weapons to complete overhauls of certain mechanics. Also it have the benefit of allowing players to only add stuff they think will improve the game.

Pleased that they released Modding tools (as promised). Should greatly help out the burgeoning modding community. But still looking forward to what CDP themselves have planned over the coming years after the 1.2 patch

Just to let you know, those aren't modding tools. They're modding resources. The average user will have zero use for what is on that site. And it's nothing new to the modding community. It's not even meant to be public yet, they deleted the tweet about it. You guys are jumping the gun and spreading misinformation.

Last edited:
Just to let you know, those aren't modding tools. They're modding resources. The average user will have zero use for what is on that site. And it's nothing new to the modding community.

They're being updated with every patch. I think people will care.

This!

I can't agree more, DA:O is a personal favorite of mine, ME trilogy as well, especially the 2nd one, and don't get me started on KOTOR.

If the game itself wasn't good in it's incipient stage, there is no way that game will last long, maybe as a meme...

Top Bottom