CDPR, PLEASE Turn Off Screen Space Reflections for PS4

+
Hi All,

I've just signed up to the forum as I'm a supporter of the game, despite the negative feedback it's currently receiving, and believe CD Project will eventually iron out all the issues to make this game one of the greats. I wanted to be apart of the discussion, so here I am. Many have gone in-depth with game improvement suggestions and all manner of bugs they've encountered, but me... I only have one thing I wanna address...
All I would like to request is for Screen Space Reflections (SSR) to be turned off on base PS4 please. PC users have the option to turn this off but PS4 users do not. We only have "basic" options. It seems apparent that the base PS4 is incapable of powering this option. SSR causes immensely off putting grain/noise/fuzz/fizz on every pixel in the game. Unfortunately the 1.06 update has made this more apparent and widespread as previously it was only an issue while travelling in car or bike - most notably on tarmac or more reflective surfaces but never while walking or running. Now, its an issue literally anywhere and everywhere; anywhere you look there is noise and fuzz. So unfortunately, update 1.06 has made the game unbareable so I've had to stop playing the game all together.
Hopefully this particular issue is as simple as modifying some of the hidden "graphics" options for base PS4 and I hope this can be done in the next update.

Prior to the current update (1.06) my experience has been great with hardly any crazy glitches. Definitely alot of crashes though, but the game saves so much, its never been a real issue!!!

Finally - Thanks CDPR. This game clearly has the potential to reach legendary status.. A little touch up here and there - "and a Viola!!!"

Last edited:
I have same issue on my ps4 base console. After the patch 1.1 this game running well. But cyberpunk look grainy. If anyone know the solution please let me know

Unfortunately, there isn't a solution for us as PS4 users. It's about CDPRs implementation of the light and reflections physics. I think this can only be solved my them through optimisation implemented by updates.
Sadly, its a possibility this won't ever be fixed on old gen systems and the only way to get the best out of CP2077 will be on a next gen system. We shall see!!

Seeing that gaming pc's that are not in on top end hardware also seem to get this bad looking and grainy look they are forced to fix it or there will be a lot more demands for refunds from players.

I don't remember the consoles' graphics settings off the top of my head, but if I recall correctly, there's setting like "Chromatic Aberration" and "Film Grain" that you can turn off as a workaround until the game gains enough performance to not have the resolution scale down too far in order to keep the performance at a reasonable level (the reason for the graininess).

I don't remember the consoles' graphics settings off the top of my head, but if I recall correctly, there's setting like "Chromatic Aberration" and "Film Grain" that you can turn off as a workaround until the game gains enough performance to not have the resolution scale down too far in order to keep the performance at a reasonable level (the reason for the graininess).
Unfortunately, for me, having all settings off, on, or a combination, doesn't fix the problem. My assumption then is some of the "graphics" settings are set under the hood on consoles and thus needs to be "fixed" by CDPR

Very limited on console, more limited then every other open world game released until now even.
In 1.06 turning settings off helped some with performance, but now it does nothing.

I do not even see any change with grain on/off it looks exactly the same.
That goes for every other setting also, they no longer change anything.

unfortunately I have the same problem on ps4 slim and I can't stand the exaggerated sharpening on the reflections, please if someone from cdprojeckt reads this to bring the problem to the developers and programmers, so you can't play, this effect bothers even more what a crash.

Sin título.png
IMG_20210123_011546_compressed.jpg

If they want to test this a good place is after intro starting act I going to doc.
If you run ahead of Jackie and then put your nose in the door the screen goes completely white.
After the door opens the room is so bright that you hardly can see anything and even when going through door it's still as looking into the sun or something.

It gets darker once you pass misty but not before.

unfortunately I have the same problem on ps4 slim and I can't stand the exaggerated sharpening on the reflections, please if someone from cdprojeckt reads this to bring the problem to the developers and programmers, so you can't play, this effect bothers even more what a crash.

View attachment 11157056View attachment 11157059
I agree. The picture quality bugs me more than the crashes.
Post automatically merged:

Very limited on console, more limited then every other open world game released until now even.
In 1.06 turning settings off helped some with performance, but now it does nothing.

I do not even see any change with grain on/off it looks exactly the same.
That goes for every other setting also, they no longer change anything.
Also agree with this. None of my setting seems to make any difference to picture or performance . In fact, they never have. The only thing I notice that actually works in the settings is the light flare effect. I have to say though, I've had hardly any bugs, no "T" poses, every mission seems to start and complete. I just want the game to look as good or better than those already on the market.. The pictures Rubior has shared is a good representation of what I see on every reflective surface - it looks really bad!!

Last edited:
Our prayers may have been answered:

• Improved Screen Space Reflections.
  • Fixed issues with Screen Space Reflections and Temporal Anti-Aliasing.
  • Fixed rendering issues when fog interacts with nearby lighting on PlayStation 4.
I'm in a temporary living condition at the moment, I'm between houses..
Would be great to hear some feedback on the situation given we all had the same problem and I can't DL the new patch. Happy gaming guys, fingers crossed 1.2 fixes our problem.
And thanks CDPR

Yes totally please turn them off! Thanks Dwizza, I now have a name for the sandpaper effect I've been trying to describe. It's really distracting on my ps4 and makes my old eyes struggle to focus on the screen. Really bad when the roads are wet.

I'm sure someone will have a technical reason why it can't happen...... but if it can make it one of the graphics options on base ps4.

I've inadvertently come up with a fix, played last night on an old 22 inch TV at 720p. SSR actually looked like they were supposed to!

I've just downloaded 1.21 and walked around night city a little and I can definitely see some improvement to the environmental physics. Its still not what it should be but for me it looks way better!! @Rubior @yamaci17 - How's it looking for you guys since 1.21? I'm still not convinced even though my eyes tell me otherwise... Ha!!

I must thank CDPR for their continued efforts. I still believe this game will be what It should when all is said and done!!

Edit - Jumped in a vehicle and the problem came back. The visuals only seem better when on foot.
Also I have a problem I've never encountered before.. Whilst aiming I can not shoot. Only shooting "from the hip" works. Sniper rifles shoot as should

Edit2 - So a restart fixed the gun problem. But I'm now thinking the SSR looks the same as 1.1 so they've probably just rolled back the code and haven't actually "fixed" the problem.
At least it's something... They obviously need to fix game breaking bugs 1st. SSR on PS4 is probably pretty far down the list of "things to do."
We'll get there in the end!!

Last edited:
I've just downloaded 1.21 and walked around night city a little and I can definitely see some improvement to the environmental physics. Its still not what it should be but for me it looks way better!! @Rubior @yamaci17 - How's it looking for you guys since 1.21? I'm still not convinced even though my eyes tell me otherwise... Ha!!

I must thank CDPR for their continued efforts. I still believe this game will be what It should when all is said and done!!

Edit - Jumped in a vehicle and the problem came back. The visuals only seem better when on foot.
Also I have a problem I've never encountered before.. Whilst aiming I can not shoot. Only shooting "from the hip" works. Sniper rifles shoot as should

Edit2 - So a restart fixed the gun problem. But I'm now thinking the SSR looks the same as 1.1 so they've probably just rolled back the code and haven't actually "fixed" the problem.
At least it's something... They obviously need to fix game breaking bugs 1st. SSR on PS4 is probably pretty far down the list of "things to do."
We'll get there in the end!!
seems pretty much same on my end tbh

Top Bottom