CDPR: Please understand the value of (constant) communication

+
CDPR: Please understand the value of (constant) communication

I can't speak for every single owner of this game, but so far all I'm feeling is indifference and complacency from you guys. It's obvious you care, and it's obvious you're working hard, but there are simply too many things left up to suspense. The last time I played 30+ hours of a Triple-A RPG and had to come to a complete stop for over a week was...never. This community, and situation, almost feels more like an MMO thing than anything else. You've pushed farther, but it feels like you're resting on your laurels too much. Free DLC, Enhanced Editions, DRM-Free and all of that beautiful stuff is irrelevant right now, and you can't expect people to just go "Oh, they earned it."

From people losing a whole bunch of time either actively or retroactively, through waiting for a hot fix or a patch, or through finding out that while the patch will fix the XP problems, it won't reimburse for the losses, we need a LOT more RED activity in here, there's just no excuse for the lack of it. Would it shock you, or readers here to know that this game was the only game I'd pre-ordered in the last 2 years? You built up a lot of earned trust, and deservedly so, but consistency never stops. Customer to company relations should never stop, and making a game that is now way beyond the little team that made the clunky yet magical and bursting with potential Witcher back in the day, using an engine that wasn't entirely yours...Going beyond now as you have shouldn't change your attitude towards the people who support and buy your games one bit.

You guys messed up, and I think owning up more and showing you're around is the only proper way to "leave things as they were". Because I know this will change the outlook of many people on your future projects, and how you handle this situation might change it even more.

Just my 2 cents, because I really do care.

In b4 the "Guys, this launch was bigger than we ever expected. Please have patience".
I completely agree with what you're saying. The only excuse I'm willing to grant them is that this is a Sunday. Other than that, their communication has been very lackluster.

In b4 the "Guys, this launch was bigger than we ever expected. Please have patience".
I completely agree with what you're saying. The only excuse I'm willing to grant them is that this is a Sunday. Other than that, their communication has been very lackluster.

11:00PM on a sunday ;)

They already announced several of days ago that the fix for the no xp bug, aswell as most of the bugged quests will come on monday (tomorrow).
What else do you expect as far as 'constant' communication goes? They let us know they identified the issue and that the fix is on the way, with a set date. There's nothing else to communicate.

You feel like the devs abandoned you, because they haven't posted a reassuring message for a couple of days. I think the problem might be on your side.

Also - resting on laurels? They are about to launch their 4th patch in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
They already announced several of days ago that the fix for the no xp bug, aswell as most of the bugged quest will come on monday (tomorrow).
What else do you expect as far as 'constant' communication goes? They let us know they identified the issue and that the fix is on the way, with a set date. There's nothing else to communicate.
Resting on laurels? They are about to launch their 4th patch in 2 weeks.

I do agree that they communicate pretty good, mods in forums, reddit posts, tweets, taking on interviews during launch, tons of patches and fixes. I've never had a problem getting ahold of a mod when bad stuff goes down in the forums. Support gets back (not saying you get the answer you want) but try to contact valve or EA and see where that gets you lol.

A patch is already announced for Monday. Would you rather they stay on the forums holding your hand and telling you it will be okay, or would you rather they acknowledge the issues and fix them?

They already announced several of days ago that the fix for the no xp bug, aswell as most of the bugged quests will come on monday (tomorrow).

You feel like the devs abandoned you, because they haven't posted a reassuring message for a couple of days. I think the problem might be on your side.

Also - resting on laurels? They are about to launch their 4th patch in 2 weeks.

Maybe some buyers like me expect at least ONE official answer for the most major common issues which prevent lot of us to play the game. And not let poeple to try fixing the game by themselves.

Maybe buyers expect a true support after buying a broken game and not replies like "the cutscenes are designed to run at 24 fps for cinematic experience", when these cinematics run with an awful judder effect and even at 18 or 19 fps for some people (the files show they're at 30 fps and some can run it properly)

Taking the worst companies in exemple isn't an excuse.

Now they seem finally be aware they neglected poeple who support them and make them live. There's a announcement on what they're working and I really hope they'll keep this way now.

Just my opinion.

---------- Updated at 09:39 PM ----------

A patch is already announced for Monday. Would you rather they stay on the forums holding your hand and telling you it will be okay, or would you rather they acknowledge the issues and fix them?

After all the over hype they made and by saying they take care of their consumers to blow up their sales, I expect both.

Last edited:
For one, I could not care less about the stupid quest bugs that affect one people in a thousand. I am concerned about pop-ins, and the ruined LOD. And in this respect, communication HAS been lackluster. They are unwilling to acknowledge the issue, much less fix it. The game is awesome though, and definitely a GOTY: COuld use some polishing though

For one, I could not care less about the stupid quest bugs that affect one people in a thousand. I am concerned about pop-ins, and the ruined LOD. And in this respect, communication HAS been lackluster. They are unwilling to acknowledge the issue, much less fix it. The game is awesome though, and definitely a GOTY: COuld use some polishing though

I agree the biggest area communication lacked was graphics and the issues, but I thought about this already and I feel like it's
A) CDPR has some bugs in the code and don't want the negative PR from it. (Which I understand from a company PR perspective.)
B) Aside from the horrible nVidia drivers, they are a BIG part of the problem (which IMO they are) and via their agreement or just being the bigger person CDPR isn't throwing them to the wolves or explaining it.
C) It's a little bit of everything and looks like 1 BIG single problem when it's really many problems all over that are related.

They have already said publicly that they are working with nvidia to resolve all the graphic / performance issues. What more could you really ask for? You know how graphic companies are, they don't tell anyone anything and they have to test forever. Not saying this is right but having only two graphic companies one in which is completely rebuilding from the core up, you can't really do anything about it.

In a nutshell.

Not saying this is right but having only two graphic companies one in which is completely rebuilding from the core up, you can't really do anything about it.

If you go like that, they will keep this way for sure ;)

Say publicty their lies and stop buying their product, you'll see they'll change quickly their worst practices.

In a nutshell.

In a nutshell, your complacency is simply illogical. There's no such thing as "one in a thousand." Just because you're not seeing a thread on here with a thousand replies on it doesn't mean there aren't people having the problem. Such a narrow-minded view, and it's disheartening because if you take into account just how many people are playing the game, the odds against your argument are stupendous. However, I couldn't care less about YOU being in that bubble, I care about CDPR's approach to this. "These issues are obviously irrelevant because they don't apply to me" = You win the internet buddy. Someone give this guy a medal(lion).

If you go like that, they will keep this way for sure ;)

Say publicty their lies and stop buying their product, you'll see they'll change quickly their worst practices.

I could but then my computer wouldn't work because it wouldn't have a display :p haha

Top Bottom